IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Accusation Thread - Dispute

solbjerg

I feel sory for the forum mods, because you probably had no idea that IOBit was doing such dirty tricks behind your back. Its probably a good time to jump ship btw...at least show that you wont be a part of IP theft.

I will "jump ship" when i feel it necessary. I will resign when and IF i feel that Iobit's explanation for all this is not satisfactory, or, feel within my moral that it is wrong.

Until then, I'm here to stay.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will "jump ship" when i feel it necessary. I will resign when and IF i feel that Iobit's explanation for all this is not satisfactory, or, feel within my moral that it is wrong.

Until then, I'm here to stay.

Fair enough.

Don't take any of the comments on the forum personally, you just help out...but most people dont realise that mods are just normal users usually.

Maybe I can shed some light on the beginning statement. Iobit uses heuristics, and so, false positives is bound. Like A2, when heuristics is enabled, it tends to pick up things that are safe, as dangerous.

False positives are common, some tend to spurt out more then other, but they are common. AV comparatives did a test, and one of their results on antiviurs' was based on the false positives they generated.

I hate false positives as much as the next guy, but realistically, its there, no matter how much we hate it.

That's a load of rubbish, yes you can have false positives from heuristics, but this is clearly not a heuristic detection, this detection has come from a signature and it's to much of a coincidence that a couple of weeks after Malwarebytes puts it in it's database it appears in your's.

I see how you are going to try and fight your case in court mr vman, which is where I assume this is going, but unfortunately for you the people who will make the decision on this will not be a gullible as possibly some of the people reading this may be.

It is clear that most of this kerfuffle is just racist against Chinese, and this is trap by malwarebytes on submission page. Why believe malwarebytes? They are either mistaken or liar. I am disgusted. Thank you.

Respectful Question to IObit:

If someone is pro IObit, and they claim everyone is racist, why no warning for them? That's a very serious charge that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Or do you share this opinion?

Ok,enough is enough.

Malwarebytes and the Wilders fan Club had their

libel-fest.

I-Obit has responded.

To I-obit I say keep up the development.

I have no doubt it is envy of the speed with which

your product has improved,that prompted Malwarebyte

to start this mess.

In the words of US Army general "Vinegar"Joe Stillwell:

"Never let the bastards wear you down".

To the attackers,might want to ask RubberDuck for a little

extra duty pay.

Until I have a problem with I-obit software,(Never have),

I am peace,out.

That's a load of rubbish, yes you can have false positives from heuristics, but this is clearly not a heuristic detection, this detection has come from a signature and it's to much of a coincidence that a couple of weeks after Malwarebytes puts it in it's database it appears in your's.

I see how you are going to try and fight your case in court mr vman, which is where I assume this is going, but unfortunately for you the people who will make the decision on this will not be a gullible as possibly some of the people reading this may be.

A court case would not be necessary for me, I can assure you this.

I feel no need to fight my way out, but if you truly want the answerer, you must remember that the truth (or lie) has more then one face. Just because you chose to look at one side, does not mean thats the only side.

I have looked at evidence from both sides, and I have chosen to stay neutral. I am awaiting for an "investigation" so to say by team iobit, which will decide my position on this forum.

But as of now, I am in the grey area.

Fair enough.

Don't take any of the comments on the forum personally, you just help out...but most people dont realise that mods are just normal users usually.

This is not a direct attack at me, and believe me, if it were, I would have responded much differently.

I just dont like the idea of choosing sides before a plausible statement could be made.

Hi Marek

Fine test!

Expected you to be swamped with praise or - given the current climate - abuse, but no one else has apparently bothered to read your test

I salute you!

Cheers

solbjerg

I maked a small test (scanned about 1000 samples)

IS360 Detected: 431 threats

MBAM Detected: 609 threats

[MBAM LOG] [IS360 LOG]

Note: I changed log files so it’s easier to read/compare (database) names...

Judge For Yourself...

I feel no need to fight my way out, but if you truly want the answerer, you must remember that the truth (or lie) has more then one face. Just because you chose to look at one side, does not mean thats the only side.

I have looked at evidence from both sides, and I have chosen to stay neutral. I am awaiting for an "investigation" so to say by team iobit, which will decide my position on this forum.

Well an internal investigation isnt exactly going to be unbiased is it....if they were really trying to prove innocence, bring in a neutral, external auditor to list their findings. Otherwise anything they can say is obviously going to favour defending their product.

Ok,enough is enough.

Malwarebytes and the Wilders fan Club had their

libel-fest.

I-Obit has responded.

To I-obit I say keep up the development.

I have no doubt it is envy of the speed with which

your product has improved,that prompted Malwarebyte

to start this mess.

In the words of US Army general "Vinegar"Joe Stillwell:

"Never let the bastards wear you down".

To the attackers,might want to ask RubberDuck for a little

extra duty pay.

Until I have a problem with I-obit software,(Never have),

I am peace,out.

Yeah, see you....

The amount of blog posts and news stories on tech sites is still growing....I'm sure eventually IOBit will have to either come up with hard evidence that the "malwarebytes fan club" is lying (unlikely :lol:) or they will have to close their doors and set up shop somewhere else.

That's fair enough mr vman, but the only way I can see this not going through the legal processes, is if iobit hold their hands up and admit to what they have done, in my opinion.

That's fair enough mr vman, but the only way I can see this not going through the legal processes, is if iobit hold their hands up and admit to what they have done, in my opinion.

If a court case was necessary, then by all means go for it. Other then that, please stay on topic, and attacking members. This thread accusations for the iobit product, not each other.

I am a solid IObit supporter and don't believe they need to copy a competitor's work as they have all the necessary expertise at their own fingertips. I am quietly confident that they will prove these allegations against them to be false. One thing I do find very strange, though, a large percentage of posters to these threads appear to be newcomers.

I am a solid IObit supporter and don't believe they need to copy a competitor's work as they have all the necessary expertise at their own fingertips. I am quietly confident that they will prove these allegations against them to be false. One thing I do find very strange, though, a large percentage of posters to these threads appear to be newcomers.

The amount of anger these actions have generated in the security community, I'm not surprised...I don't know why you are either.

What we have at the moment, taking into consideration IOBit's statement, is either the allegations are true, or their "analysts" are so mentally handicapped they do not check if a file is harmful or not before adding them to databases (always using the malwarebyte name)....oh especially files they dont actually have access to :lol:

If a court case was necessary, then by all means go for it. Other then that, please stay on topic, and attacking members. This thread accusations for the iobit product, not each other.

I have not attacked any members, I have simply given my opinion to what they have said, and if you want to talk about staying on topic then maybe you should say something about the user who posted about it being a racist issue.

It is clear that most of this kerfuffle is just racist against Chinese, and this is trap by malwarebytes on submission page. Why believe malwarebytes? They are either mistaken or liar. I am disgusted. Thank you.

Its just Chinese culture!

What we are seeing here is just the normal Chinese culture. It is obvious that the Chinese have no qualms about stealing anything that will allow them to make money. Virtually all counterfeit or illegal copies of clothing, music, sporting goods, etc. come from China. Neither the companies making and selling these counterfeit products, nor the government itself sees anything wrong with this type of activity! So it is no major surprise that your company IOBit has decided to steal the intellectual property of another company. DESPITE WHAT CHINESE PEOPLE THINK, STEALING IS WRONG! I WILL BE UNINSTALLING ANY IOBIT SOFTWARE ON MY COMPUTER AND ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO DO THE SAME!::oops:

What we are seeing here is just the normal Chinese culture. It is obvious that the Chinese have no qualms about stealing anything that will allow them to make money. Virtually all counterfeit or illegal copies of clothing, music, sporting goods, etc. come from China. Neither the companies making and selling these counterfeit products, nor the government itself sees anything wrong with this type of activity! So it is no major surprise that your company IOBit has decided to steal the intellectual property of another company. DESPITE WHAT CHINESE PEOPLE THINK, STEALING IS WRONG! I WILL BE UNINSTALLING ANY IOBIT SOFTWARE ON MY COMPUTER AND ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO DO THE SAME!::oops:

This is good example of racism I say before, you see now??

Its amazing how much time one is willing to spend in order to trash talk something.

I find it surprising, though, just how much time you put into this. Makes me wonder if your working for them...

Yeah, of course, If I don't approve of IOBit making this out to be some big joke that must make me a malwarebytes employee :lol:....what next tin foil hats to stop the government reading our minds?

Hmm they registered just now to say this, anyway, this is just someone being racist probably in response to what has been said. Never the less that is not what this issue is about and you had no place posting about this issue being over racism, since no one had mentioned it in this thread before you!

Flor those quick to judge... see how it pans out.

I've read various threads and posts on this. If Malwarebytes were so good then how was the data stolen? If it was... then they're no good... can't even keep people out of their own database!!! Possibly big industry leader wants to stomp small competitor??? Planting seeds to stomp??

I've read posts about people deleting/remooving posts just based on National origin of writers. How stupid... look at the label on your underwear!! Human beings share virtually identical DNA! We are the same. Its our experience that drives us to different conclusions.

By reading posts of IOBIT guy and other IOBIT team players... the grammatical errors were there for everybody to see. If you're surprised than try to translate your English properly for them!! Its a global community!

That's all I got to say 'bout that!

If it was... then they're no good... can't even keep people out of their own database!!!

Sorry, that is plain and simple ********- I'll tell you why.

ANY database that is encrypted must, at some point, be DECRYPTED for your antivirus/antispyware/etc to be able to use it and compare to files it sees on your hard drive. There is NO encryption that will stop the reversing of a database by anyone. Even your beloved IOBit database has been reversed to PROVE they stole the defs by some white hat hackers.

I am still gobsmacked that "IOBit fans" and staff are making excuses as to why such behaviour is justified..."oh if it can be reversed that must mean its pants bla bla"....same as saying "oh i could walk in and steal that games console from the shop shelf now they are rubbish"....does it make it justified or right? NO

Edit: samr-undesirable language. Handyman, this is a warning!

Archived