IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Before You Criticize!!!

vman

I ask that you await the response of the IOBIT team. I know the evidence is incriminating, I know its difficult to believe; but PLEASE, i ask you to wait patiently as I am. We are all interested in hearing what their explanation is. So before you attack the forum, WAIT.

I ask that you await the response of the IOBIT team. I know the evidence is incriminating, I know its difficult to believe; but PLEASE, i ask you to wait patiently as I am. We are all interested in hearing what their explanation is. So before you attack the forum, WAIT.

"incriminating"I believe the damage (proof?) is beyond that. ...but I'll do as you request and wait for a explanation.

As someone pointed out before, MBAM has attacked SuperAntispyware before, from what i recall as well (I may be wrong).

Just because they put up a few tests here and there, though completely valid, doesn't mean there is no reasoning behind it.

We should ALL stop arguing about this, be like adults, and hear both sides of the story before we pass judgment.

Declaration from IObit

We have never used the database of any other companies. And hope Malwarebytes stop spreading malicious rumors for hyping itself. The ridiculousness: who will trust and depend on a security product that can NOT even protect itself?

A legal letter will be released later, which will prove that there is no problem with Intellectual Property Rights.

For the sake of avoiding dispute and possible problems, we have deleted all disputed items in our database temporarily, and have updated IObit Security 360’s database.

Our database is from the online submission form: http://db.iobit.com/deal/sdsubmit/index.php

We also have many various sources of malware samples from warm-hearted users, computer security fans, and major security groups from all over the world. We have admitted that it’s hard to avoid mistakes, like a silly or duplicated name. But there is in no way means we steal Malwarebytes’ or any other's database. We are investigating and tracking on those items which Malwarebytes declared stolen.

We have so many independent and objective reviewing tests and reports; everybody can download and view from the link: http://forums.iobit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25. We believe that, after viewing these test report, you can judge that if we steal database from Malwarebytes.

Thanks for the always support of IObit users.

Hi Krissy

Fine preliminary explanation.

I have thought along the same lines.

But I do not like our forum cluttered up with accusation threads all over the place, so would you all please just use the ACCUSATION THREAD - DISPUTE for that.

Place all threads relating to the accusation in that thread please, so that we can get on with trying to help people with problems relating to their computer or the IObit products.

Thank you kindly

Cheerio

solbjerg

p.s. Last night/during the night (GMT+1) one fellow created 6 usernames and wrote abuse primarily directed at IObit and our fine Administrator/moderator enoskype.

And to clutter up the whole of the forum with that kind of tripe is really not in the interest of users trying to find assistance to a problem they are having.

We have never used the database of any other companies. And hope Malwarebytes stop spreading malicious rumors for hyping itself. The ridiculousness: who will trust and depend on a security product that can NOT even protect itself?

A legal letter will be released later, which will prove that there is no problem with Intellectual Property Rights.

For the sake of avoiding dispute and possible problems, we have deleted all disputed items in our database temporarily, and have updated IObit Security 360’s database.

Our database is from the online submission form: http://db.iobit.com/deal/sdsubmit/index.php

We also have many various sources of malware samples from warm-hearted users, computer security fans, and major security groups from all over the world. We have admitted that it’s hard to avoid mistakes, like a silly or duplicated name. But there is in no way means we steal Malwarebytes’ or any other's database. We are investigating and tracking on those items which Malwarebytes declared stolen.

We have so many independent and objective reviewing tests and reports; everybody can download and view from the link: http://forums.iobit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25. We believe that, after viewing these test report, you can judge that if we steal database from Malwarebytes.

Thanks for the always support of IObit users.

I do not mean to criticize or oanything, I just wish to make my stance on this known:

I am an independent tech who actively uses neither Malwarebytes nor IObit's Security 360. I do, however, keep tabs on news in the computer security sector.

After hearing this, I decided to do some independent research separate from Malwarebytes and IObit. I used two separate computers, one with Malwarebytes, and one with IObit Security 360. Each were provided with cloned drives to scan completely, with exactly the same spyware on each drive, gathered from various sources.

After scanning with Malwarebytes, and IObit Security 360, I realized a large number of the samples that were caught by Malwarebytes matched exactly the same descriptions as IObit Security 360 had, right down to the names. Other samples were different from each other, yes, but a large sample (maybe 60%) of the spyware that was on the drives had exactly the same descriptions.

Based on my independent research, I find it statistically improbable that IObit Security 360 and Malwarebytes would have exactly the same descriptions and names for detected spyware.

Feel free to ban me for posting the results of my independent research if you wish. It'll only reinforce my findings.

NOTE: I do not wish to cause an argument or anything, just wanted to get my own research results out there.

I too have conducted some tests concerning Iobit and Mbam.

I have found that, though they tend to find some similar things (which if they are valid infections, does it not prove the validity of both softwares?), but for some reason, aside from me being a moderator here on the forum, I tend to have found iobit's 360 solution to find those nasty little buggers that still cling on. There were a few drivers left behind with MBAM.

All these tests were done with a virutal machine, but once again, there is now a dispute thread, all disputes should be taken there.

Archived