IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

update now ready

itsmejjj

------------11/6/2009 5:34:22 AM------------

Update details:

Main Definition Database(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Core.def) Updated Successfully

Latest Definition Data(11/05/2009)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

IObit Security 360 Updater(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360Updater.exe) Download Failed

------------10/30/2009 6:38:32 AM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(10/29/2009)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------10/29/2009 2:40:03 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(10/29/2009)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------10/29/2009 8:43:58 AM------------

Update details:

Main Definition Database(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Core.def) Updated Successfully

Latest Definition Data(10/28/2009)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2385&stc=1&d=1257505904

my history

I got the pop up telling me that the new version was ready to download

After downloading I get a message telling that the set up files are corrupt - I've tried this three times.

Is there an alternative link so I can get the updated program

PS I am using IObit Security 36O Pro

I am also invited to download the new version when clicking the update button manually and it takes me to the same file which appears to be corrupted

That's strange, I wish I could keep the downloaded update.

I will try to catch it though.

Cheers.

Thanks appreciate that

The actual message for info is "The Setup files are corrupt, please obtain a new copy of the program"

It's the same message if choosing run or if choosing save when downloading

hyderpete, can you tell me exactly when the info appears? Fx., when you hit the update button, or when starting download of update so on.

Or, can you post the screenshot please.

Cheers.

The error occurs either when you press "run" or if you download rather than running it occurs when you attempt to open the file to install

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1934/ioss.th.png

Can you try temporarily disabling Avira, if I see correctly, or if you have ESED.

The file may be a false positive in the AV engine.

I have seen somewhere that ESED is giving an FP.

Cheers.

I actually have the Microsoft Security Essentials but I will give that a try and post back the results - Thanks for your efforts

Edit same results with Microsoft Security Essentials disabled

Guys,

I had a similar problem updating on XP this morning.The install was about half way through & there was an error copying a file. Said it was corrupted. It gave me the option to abort & roll back. When I aborted, it did not come back. Several things were gone in the program file.ISD 360 was gone from the program list. I tried a few times with same results. So I found a link to the old version & re-installed over the top. It installed fine and then updated with no problems.

samr.

well reason i posted my went like a homing bird ,as shown,or dead lucky.

just asked it to check -saw you can updated ---i did it no problem.over the one i have.

must have a line to iobit,or something-(private)i wonder if this is a pc ,software or a defense that makes it a problem? i don't know ,the only time when i hit a unsuccessful ,i have the link blocked.no updates,i do this as i use different OS ,on the test PC.

now i want to ask here ,iobit on the same pc.3 different Os ,multiply booting,

1 has the pro,2 free,can this affect the update? somehow cross link?

i would not think so-

clad you all got it sorted

itsmejjj

Hi samr

I have also once in a while had inexplicable things happen on my computer

I usually ascribe it to the reading heads dropping some bits in a place on the disk from where it cannot be retrived, - and then run a full scandisk - I mean checkdisk :-) to ascertain where those places are, so that they will be avoided next time. I don't know for sure if it helps, but at least I am pretty sure it does no damage to do so :-)

When I came back home a couple of days ago my desk computer had a partly black screen and restarted every 30 seconds, I tried several things to no avail but at last thought I would check my RAM blocks/sticks, and when I exchanged them for another set the computer worked as usual. I isolated the error to one of the blocks/sticks and exchanged that, and then I was back on track - took some hours though.

Cheers

solbjerg

Guys,

I had a similar problem updating on XP this morning.The install was about half way through & there was an error copying a file. Said it was corrupted. It gave me the option to abort & roll back. When I aborted, it did not come back. Several things were gone in the program file.ISD 360 was gone from the program list. I tried a few times with same results. So I found a link to the old version & re-installed over the top. It installed fine and then updated with no problems.

samr.

...at last thought I would check my RAM blocks/sticks, and when I exchanged them for another set the computer worked as usual. I isolated the error to one of the blocks/sticks and exchanged that, and then I was back on track - took some hours though.

solbjerg- What a novel solution you came up with to solve this unusual dilema! Its so sad when RAM goes bad...:-(

~Maxx~

Archived