IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Uninstalling iobit 360 (mostly toolbar related)

zLeed

(I don't have much time but I'll post here to look later)

I am getting really annoyed by the fact that I can't uninstall the toolbar. I have firefox and everytime I hit the uninstall button, firefox tells me to restart the browser, which I do. When I do, it "reinstalls" itself again and tells me "Thank you for installing..." etc stuff. I even did the suggestion of installing just the toolbar itself on the Iobit site. That didn't work at all.

Earlier today, I read that article about iobit and malwarebytes thing and was actually going to update the version to 1.2 but then I hit cancel on the installation because I wanted to know what was going on. Now I can't fully uninstall iobit 360 or the toolbar somehow. I like the program mostly but I want to get rid of the toolbar. Is there any way I can get this annoying toolbar off my firefox besides just disabling it? And I can't reinstall iobit since there's no link on the main site.

Hi zLeed

I would try disabling the toolbar and run an uninstallation through an uninstallation program - for example Revo Uninstaller and choose to clean optimally, Then check to see if the folder is also gone and then install the program again - but if the toolbar is on the installation file you have - then remember to deselect it before completing the install. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

(I don't have much time but I'll post here to look later)

I am getting really annoyed by the fact that I can't uninstall the toolbar. I have firefox and everytime I hit the uninstall button, firefox tells me to restart the browser, which I do. When I do, it "reinstalls" itself again and tells me "Thank you for installing..." etc stuff. I even did the suggestion of installing just the toolbar itself on the Iobit site. That didn't work at all.

Earlier today, I read that article about iobit and malwarebytes thing and was actually going to update the version to 1.2 but then I hit cancel on the installation because I wanted to know what was going on. Now I can't fully uninstall iobit 360 or the toolbar somehow. I like the program mostly but I want to get rid of the toolbar. Is there any way I can get this annoying toolbar off my firefox besides just disabling it? And I can't reinstall iobit since there's no link on the main site.

Have you tried uninstalling it through Firefox. Tools -> add-ons -> Uninstall.

Conduit toolbar is classed as malware by most.

As I have said, I already tried this method. It tells me to restart firefox. I hit the button, restarts firefox and opens me to the iobit toolbar welcome site and shows the toolbar as being "freshly installed" and shown.

Hi zLeed

I would try disabling the toolbar and run an uninstallation through an uninstallation program - for example Revo Uninstaller and choose to clean optimally, Then check to see if the folder is also gone and then install the program again - but if the toolbar is on the installation file you have - then remember to deselect it before completing the install. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I actually tried revo and it couldn't install it because it couldn't find the uninstall module or w.e it needs to uninstall iobit 360. Do you happen to have a link where I can download the new version? I want to try something...

(I just wanted to try the toolbar, no harm in that :/)

Hi zLeed

Do you have unins000.msg?

Should be possible to find a version to install from the net, do you have time to look for it yourself?

What message comes up when you try to install the version you have?

Is the program closed? Also its automatic functions?

Cheers

solbjerg

That file doesn't exist on my computer. (I've checked)

Hi zLeed

Do you have unins000.msg?

Should be possible to find a version to install from the net, do you have time to look for it yourself?

What message comes up when you try to install the version you have?

Is the program closed? Also its automatic functions?

Cheers

solbjerg

Actually, if you can remember from my earlier post, I was in the middle of trying to install v 1.2 of 360 when it basically or partially uninstalled. I canceled the installation (for reasons noted above) and now I lost the uninstall file thing you've mentioned. I've been asking if you happen to have a link to install v 1.2 of 360 so that I can install it and uninstall it to get rid of the toolbar.

Hi zLeed

I found one download link that will give you version 1.10

It is in Danish but you should be able to find the right button to click I think: http://www.codecs.dk/?action=thanks&id=1064

You can try that file and then uninstall completely.

Or update to 1.20 through the program!

Cheers

solbjerg

Actually, if you can remember from my earlier post, I was in the middle of trying to install v 1.2 of 360 when it basically or partially uninstalled. I canceled the installation (for reasons noted above) and now I lost the uninstall file thing you've mentioned. I've been asking if you happen to have a link to install v 1.2 of 360 so that I can install it and uninstall it to get rid of the toolbar.

Hi zLeed

relax , take your time and read my instructions.

Toolbars by Conduit Co. come with a uninstaller called unwise but unfortunately can not open (i don't know why) and so it's immpossible to uninstall it through the usual proceedures (no uninstaller can do it)

I uninstalled many toolbars by conduit and the last time i did it , it is two days ago.

a) Open Explorer by right-click at START button

b) Check in c:\ProgramFiles\IObit here u will find the files for the Toolbar by Conduit (u will see UNWISE,EXE file i think.....If u see IObit-Toolbardon't be fooled it's CONDUIT toolbar.

Delete Folders and files relative to toolbar.

c) check in c:\ProgramData...and other FOLDERS whether u can find anything connected to iobit-toolbar or conuit-toolbar

d)Press START and write regedit in search-box press enterang give permission.

e)here u see a TREE-DIAGRAM like Explorer's one

Move to the top and pull-down EDIT

f)choose FIND and insert conduit

g) check the entry it finds, be sure it is for conduit toolbar and then RIGHTCLICK on it (ON IT)

h) choose DELETE and give permission

i) Pull-down EDIT and choose FIND NEXT

j) Repeat steps g-h-i

U can repeat the whole process by inserting IOBit-toolbar and EXIT

NOTE If you are not experienced don't follow the proceedure since a mistake in REGISTRY can be fatal and then u will have to use restore

If u can create a restore point and/or REGISTRY back-up before the proceedure itis better

cheers

Hi demetris & zLeed,

Very good! But you might try clicking on the unwise.exe in the Iobit.com folder first. I had no problem running the installer from there.

samr.

Hi samr

I don't remember if i ever tried to open UNWISE.EXE directly but i always assumed that unwise.exe could not open.

I am sure it can not open through UNINSTALLERS and so i followed that proceedure.

thanks for this information- next time i will try this

cheers

Manually uninstalling add-ons in firefox.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/06/05/workaround-to-manually-uninstall-remove-or-delete-firefox-addon-with-add-ons-uninstall-button-disabled/

You might want to try uninstalling the add-on in firefox safe mode first.

If the above does not work and you use demitris's suggestion of editing the registry, you may find a freeware program called regseeker useful. It lets you do a search for a word and displays all the results in a window for you to determine what you want to delete. You also might want to try cleaning the registry with CCleaner. I found this program to be almost always safe when cleaning the registry. Make sure you let the program create a backup though.

Er sorry, haven't been able to try all these methods due to school work, but I'll figure it out later. Thank you all for the suggestions.

(I can't find this "Unwise" file you are speaking, I partially uninstalled iobit so most of the files under the iobit file are gone except: the "log" folder, "quarantine zone" folder, IS360Database, is360mon.dll, IWsIS360, license.dat, and UpdateLog)

Hi zLeed

Save the license.dat!

Delete the rest/or the folder and install the program again

When installed paste the license.dat back in the new folder.

Cheers

solbjerg

Er sorry, haven't been able to try all these methods due to school work, but I'll figure it out later. Thank you all for the suggestions.

(I can't find this "Unwise" file you are speaking, I partially uninstalled iobit so most of the files under the iobit file are gone except: the "log" folder, "quarantine zone" folder, IS360Database, is360mon.dll, IWsIS360, license.dat, and UpdateLog)

Uninstalling iobit 360 mostly toolbar related

When I open a new project I dont see the meter toolbar, when I click on VIEW I see Float Meter Toolbar at the bottom and when I select it.........nothing. When I go back to view and try to dock it Float Meter Toolbar is grayed out and I cant choose it, it still says Float not Dock, regardless, I see no meter toolbar. What am I doing wrong and how can I remedy it?

Thanks

Archived