IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Firefox 3.5.5

usefullll

Thanks for the reply. I just upgraded from FF 3.5.2 to 3.6 Beta 1 and noticed that there was no perceivable change in performance parameters. I keep hoping that Firefox will be able to download files as fast as Opera 10, but maybe one of the upcoming versions it will be able to keep up with Opera...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/FF36Opera102009-10-31.png

................................................FF 3.6 Beta1...................Opera 10

~Maxx~

Hi, Max,

Do you find advantages using v3.5.5 as opposed to the v3.6 Beta 1 with Firefox?

I've been using FF v3.6 Beta 1 for a few days now and haven't noticed any great difference in performance. My only gripe was that most of my add-ons wouldn't work, but I've realized that I didn't really need most of them, anyway so have disabled a few. I followed instructions from the Mozilla forum and deleted three files from the profile folder and then created a FF user.js file with commands to skip the add-on compatibility. However, this didn't work for me. I had thought of going back to 3.5, but this would probably just be buying time. The only add-ons I really want now are the Mozilla Archive Format and the No tooltip Timeout.

Congratulations Mr. VIP

All sweet now. Just installed an add-on called MR Tech Toolkit and used it to disable add-on compatibility. Actually, it just added the same line in about:config that I did previously.

Hi Ted. Your above my pay grade, but congratulations Mr. VIP. Hope you are doing well.----gary

HI, Gary,

congratulations Mr. VIP. Hope you are doing well.----gary
Now I'm getting all swell-headed. Yes, all fine here, thanks. Did have a day in hospital last week. Woke up at 4am with chest pains, wife panicked and called the ambulance. After many tests and xrays and draining off litres of blood, it was discovered I had pneumonia. All okay now though except for a nagging cough!

Question: I just recently upgraded from FF 3.5.2 to FF 3.6 Beta1 and although the Revo Uninstaller indicates that both programs are still installed when I try to uninstall FF 3.5.2 Revo indicates that the entire Firefox folder is about to be removed. Is there a way to remove just v3.5.2 only?

~Maxx~

Is there a way to remove just v3.5.2 only?

~Maxx~

Not sure if i remember correctly. Is there a folder for Beta FF and Normal FF? ,if so delete the 3.5.2. Or actually uninstall them then just don't delete the customization. I'm sure it'll still be (themes,add-ons) there the next time you reinstall. :mrgreen:

usefullll- I went ahead and uninstalled Firefox 3.5.2 and left the 660 customization files in the Mozilla Firefox folder and it did no harm to the Firefox 3.6 Beta 1 program file. Thanks for your encouragement to go ahead and just do this!

~Maxx~

I'm glad it works! :-P,have a nice day.

Archived