IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Program crashes in Comprehensive defrag

I have been experiencing crashes and hangs with SmartDefrag when doing Comprehensive defrags. The defrag hangs, typically somewhere between 25% and 75% of completion, and clicking the pause/resume button results in, if I recall correctly, an assertion error. I have to kill the process, and then I'm not sure if my disk has been left in a corrupted state.

There is no bugreport.txt file in the program directory for SmartDefrag.

Two questions: First, do I need to be concerned that a crashed and killed SmartDefrag may have corrupted my disk? And second, is this a known issue with the Comprehensive defrag, and one that will be fixed in a later release? I really love this program, but not if it will be damaging my data in ways I may not detect until it's too late to replace it.

Thanks,

David

I have been experiencing crashes and hangs with SmartDefrag when doing Comprehensive defrags. The defrag hangs, typically somewhere between 25% and 75% of completion, and clicking the pause/resume button results in, if I recall correctly, an assertion error. I have to kill the process, and then I'm not sure if my disk has been left in a corrupted state.

Two questions: First, do I need to be concerned that a crashed and killed SmartDefrag may have corrupted my disk? And second, is this a known issue with the Comprehensive defrag, and one that will be fixed in a later release? I really love this program, but not if it will be damaging my data in ways I may not detect until it's too late to replace it.

Thanks,

David

Did you install it on top of another version?

If so I recommend a clean Install of the program from scracth.

Delete the old folder too.

So that you get a totally new installation.

I have had that once too, a couple of months ago, and did a new clean Install and haven't seen that problem since.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks,

David

sometimes products dont install right for one reason or another. download revo uninstaller, uninstall current version of smart defrag, remove left over registries, reboot and then delete folder and run your cleaners. after that try and download smart defrag again and see if it works better

Archived