IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Pro System Optimization still hangs up

agilitysteve

Thanks for the info. I just upgraded too, and am having the same issue. Yet this fix didn't work for me. The only difference is, I'm using the free version. Any other ideas? I've been considering upgrading for quite some time. Is it really worth paying for? The free version seems great, but should I upgrade to fix this problem?

Thanks for the info. I just upgraded too, and am having the same issue. Yet this fix didn't work for me. The only difference is, I'm using the free version. Any other ideas? I've been considering upgrading for quite some time. Is it really worth paying for? The free version seems great, but should I upgrade to fix this problem?

Don't write to them asking for help because their "Support Team" is worthless.

I doubt if by upgrading you will solve the problem. I'm lucky I didn't have the "hang up" on the free version.

I'm surprised that deleting the file from AppData\Roaming didn't work for you as it did for everyone else.

Good luck.

Hi angelxero,

Please try a clean uninstall and install as described in the USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread, and don't forget to delete the concerned folder explained above.

A screenshot of the prblem will be helpful if it is not solved.

Cheers.

Ok, so I did it... again, though this time I downloaded and ran Wise Registry Cleaner 4 after deleting the IOBit folders. Restarted computer. Reinstalled ASC 3. Still same problems... only the program is acting even weirder. My problems are pretty much exactly as what everyone else described... system optimization not doing anything, arrow in the wrong place, word "scanning" in the wrong position... The second screenshot is... well, you'll see. I don't know what else to say about it...

http://angelxero.vndv.com/acs.jpg

http://angelxero.vndv.com/acs2.jpg

GOT IT TO INSTALL AND WORK CORRECTLY

Ok I'm not one to ever be satisfied with a work around. So I just kept at this issue. I think we still need a update from IObit, and I hope this works for you as well.

I'm on Windows 7 64bit so here were the steps I took.

Uninstall ASC3

Navigate here and delete the Advanced SystemCare Directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit

Go to Control Panel select Folder Options. Select the View Tab, select show

hidden files and folders.

Now Navigate here, dont forget to substitute your User name. Once again

delete the Advanced SystemCare Folder

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\IObit

There is no need to run a reg scan or try to edit the registry by hand, IObit has done an excellent job of removing the registry entries related to the software.

Now go to the asc-setup-pro.exe and right click on it. Select Run as Administrator

Go through the normal install and the app should work correctly. At least it did for me.

Good luck to you all and I hope this works for you as well.

I tried this, still hangs on mine.

Hi Viles

Are you running it as administrator?

A "clean install" is to Uninstall with for exampel Revo Uninstaller in extended mode. Then delete the program folder. Then run a registry cleaning. Perhaps then a restart of the computer and Then an install of a fresh copy of the install file from a trusted site.

I would try this method if I ran into a problem like yours.

Each and every step may be important in some instances

Cheers

solbjerg

I tried this, still hangs on mine.

Hangs up at System Optimization

Hi all,

If you have the hanging up issue at system optimization just as angelxero described, you can try the following solution.

Please download the database Def.dbd from the link below and then use it to replace the original one in the directory "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3"

http://download.iobit.com/awc3/Def.dbd

Ok, so I did it... again, though this time I downloaded and ran Wise Registry Cleaner 4 after deleting the IOBit folders. Restarted computer. Reinstalled ASC 3. Still same problems... only the program is acting even weirder. My problems are pretty much exactly as what everyone else described... system optimization not doing anything, arrow in the wrong place, word "scanning" in the wrong position... The second screenshot is... well, you'll see. I don't know what else to say about it...

http://angelxero.vndv.com/acs.jpg

http://angelxero.vndv.com/acs2.jpg

Thanks for the link, cicely. Seemed to work great, though I don't know if I trust it. System Optimization scans just fine now, though it's extremely fast. Much faster than it was on Vista. I'm hoping that's just because Windows 7 is faster overall... at least now I think it's working right. Arrow is in the right spot, and it seems to work great. Didn't detect any issues, though that may be just because there aren't any. Anyone else think I sound paranoid?

Hi

Sorry I was gone for a few days.

I decided to test the free version, so I want to my other Win7 install and here is what I found out.

The version we have been having problems with has a file size of 8,684KB. I chose to go to the IObit site and download 3.4.0 from there, what I found is the download link to CNet downloads is broken stating the file can not be found. I did a search of CNet for the program and came back with the same results.

I then went to MajorGeeks.com and found the file, but it had a date that was several days newer. After downloading I found that that file had a size of 8,689kb which is slightly larger.

After doing a install over the free 3.3.4 version with 3.4.0 the program worked fine.

I then uninstalled 3.4.0 Pro from this system and did a clean install of the newer file without using the Run as Administrator command and it worked fine as well.

So if you are still using the problem file I suggest getting the updated progam. Just check your file size if you still have it. If its the smaller one, then replace it. If you have problems with the newer one be sure to post that as well.

Just so you know, I'm a major IObit fan and have been for a long time. Just a little surprised that we were not informed of a updated program. I can only assume the file was pulled from CNet because of the issue we all were experiencing.

UPDATE

I just checked the IObit Download linked to CNet. Its back up and functional. I downloaded the file and its the smaller one. Why MajorGeeks file is larger and worked ok for me is a question that only IOBit can answer.

Archived