IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Flush DNS broken (or protected)

Gaston

Tim, Generally I like AWC, but i noticed on three very different PCs that I can no longer flush the DNS cache. I tried restoring the systems; that worked on one. I tried using the undo function in AWC; that worked on another one. But I still have one that is afflicted.

It also has suddenly decided to execute an MSI file when I simply start another program.

Finally, when i tried to restore an image from a backup to this PC, Image (by Terrabyte http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/imagew.html -- a great program), it could not unlock C. Is there a setting that you are flipping that I could unset when I want to restore an image?

- Thanks

Re: Flush DNS broken (or protected)

Tim, Generally I like AWC, but i noticed on three very different PCs that I can no longer flush the DNS cache. I tried restoring the systems; that worked on one. I tried using the undo function in AWC; that worked on another one. But I still have one that is afflicted.

this is due to the changing of the windows service "DNS Client" state from Automatic to Manual; it happened with one of the last updates of AWC ;) simply reactivate it from: start - run - services.msc

this is due to the changing of the windows service "DNS Client" state from Automatic to Manual; it happened with one of the last updates of AWC Wink simply reactivate it from: start - run - services.msc

"ipconfig /renew" still says that no adapters are "in a state permissible for this operation."

• 3 weeks later...

I somewhat tumbled to the fact the AWC was changing the setting of the dns client from automatic to manual--but once that fact is known, it only takes 30 seconds or so to change it back in services.msc.

But because my wife uses certain websites that almost require frequent dns cashe flushing---we have to have it set to automatic.

Otherwise I have nothing but good things to say about AWC--and I do hope that this unwanted changing of the dns cashe setting will be removed in future versions of AWC.

I also note that forums like this are great---simply to alert both users and developers when AWC has some conflicts or does not play nice with other software. Diagnosing the dns cashe setting change was very easy--other conflicts are often not so easy to notice or diagnose.

Archived