IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Free A Squared 4.5

detailer

detailer- Concerning the '80's they say that if you think you can remember what happened then you weren't really there. :roll:

I've done research on A-Squared and I use their amazingly well developed software both on my computer and on my emergency rescue USB flash drive for diagnosis and repair. Thanks for bringing the free A Squared 4.5 to our attention.

~Maxx~

titou56- Since removing the Antivirus program from my computer and relying on browser virtualization as my first line of defense the against Malware the A-Squared Dual Scanner has moved up to the front of the line as my most prefered of the 5 on demand scanners that I use to make sure my computer is clean and so far there have been no detections.

~Maxx~

A-Squared on demand ?

Firstly, I am happy with Commodo CIS, I use the whole suite (Firewall & Protection+ & Anti-Virus) and have had no nasties (just a few mild Cookies) so I don't want to change that setup.

I have a free 1 year licence for A-Squared but have not installed it yet.

I would just want to use A-squared as part of my weekly (and emergency) scan procedure but not as a real time scanner.

I would like to ask a few questions for those who have experience with A-Sqared.

a-squared Free

Get rid of Malware with our free tool - but please note that it does not include real-time protection

Are the Free and Pro versions different software or is it just a matter of same software (size etc) but some features are disabled ?

If they are 2 different softwares, I guess it would be best for me to only install the Free version rather than the Pro version ?

# Scan your PC for infections of Trojans, Viruses, Spyware, Adware, Worms, Bots, Keyloggers and Dialers.

# 2 Cleaning Scanners in 1:

Anti-Virus + Anti-Spyware

The general rule is, don't use 2 anti-virus softwares on your computer. Does this rule only apply to real time protection ?

Since A-Squared has a built in virus scanner would I need to disable Commodo ant-virus (or totally shut down Commodo ?) before scanning with A-Squared ?

Thanks for your help :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Wozofoz- The A-Squared Free that I use with the Comodo Firewall Pro and Defense+ HIPS is an on demand scanner only and I might add a very good one at that. Even if I was still using the Comodo Antivirus or any Antivirus for that matter I would see no reason to disable it in order to scan with the remarkable A-Squared Free scanner.

Emsi Software provides the Malware scanner a-squared Free completely free of charge for private use. But it is not a very limited version, it is a full tool to clean your computer from Malware. Not only Spywares, as detected by classic Anti-Spyware programs, but also especially Trojans, Backdoors, Worms, Dialers, Keyloggers and a lot of other destructive pests, which makes it dangerous to surf the web.

A-Squared Anti-Malware on the other hand uses an Malware IDS Behavior Blocker for real time protection...

Differences to A-Squared Anti-Malware:

Background Guard

To stay protected against new infections of Malware, the a-squared Anti-Malware background guard is required. It includes the double protection using the OnExecution Scan, which scans programs right before they are started with the signature scanner, as well as the Malware-IDS.

Malware-IDS

This is the most important part of the background guard. It detects Malware using a completely new behavior analysis technology (behavior blocker), which detects and blocks malicious actions of programs immediately. With this technology you are protected from unknown Malware with no signatures available.

According to Lynx over at the Comodo forum although Comodo Defense+ HIPS has been known to work along side different varieties of Behavior Blockers because they are different kinds of software it is not generally recommended that the two kinds of protection be used at the same time. In other words there is a possibility that you could use both the Comodo Defense+ HIPS and the A-Squared Anti-Malware IDS Behavior Blocker in that there is no hard fast rule against it since they are different kinds of software.

Although in my own personal opinion the Comodo Defense+ HIPS in CIS didn't need any assistance in scoring the only perfect 100% on the last Matousec Proactive Security Challenge and it operates for such a small amount of resources seeing as how the Comodo Firewall Pro and Defense+ HIPS together only use 16 MB of RAM on my computer.

~Maxx~

Hi,

I thought my PC was securised...

http://i37.tinypic.com/32zueyw.jpg

:???:

cheers

http://i38.tinypic.com/jsk004.jpg

but example of the WIN32.DLL detected as trace.

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/161c7d3f4f87880cd4a9313c99388d0172ad8f9e70459e1f5caf58561c0d91d6-1258025120

Not 100% accurate,none provides 100% detection rates anyways.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2497&stc=1&d=1258040168

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2497&stc=1&d=1258040168

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2499&stc=1&d=1258040295

ok here is my result --clean as a whistle - scanning (nothing) for 5 mounts

win7,

this is for me a top result as i use nothing ,as in this type of program..

the first scan made a fast scan,2nd one a smart scan .same result as shown

please understand this is my 2nd test pc ,that is on the net 24hours a day..

i wanted to check this program -and i am happy -so i get rid off it now---

do not need it.

itsmejjj..

http://support.emsisoft.com/index.php?/forum-6/announcement-2-start-here-if-you-dont-we-are-just-going-to-send-you-back-to-this-thread/

Pre-Request Cleaning Steps

No system that has been infected can be trusted ever again. The only way to ensure that your system is safe again, is to do a 'Clean Install' of the Operating System. If your system has a 'RootKit' installed, there is a good chance your system is completely subverted by the RootKit; and is not to be trusted ever again. Malware comes in many forms; Spyware, Adware, Viruses, Trojans, Keyloggers, Remote Administration Tools and RootKits; ranging in difficultly to remove. Some can simply be removed by uninstalling the Malware via 'Add or Remove Programs' in the 'Control Panel'; others can be extremely difficult to remove. However the only way to truly be sure that the Malware is completely gone is to completely remove the partitions, format the drive, and do a 'Clean Install' of the Operating System.

If you don't take this advice and decide to do a manual clean instead of a reinstall of your system don't blame us if any sensitive data is stolen from you. The only reply you will ever get from us will be: "YOU WERE WARNED!"

When using security Software to scan your system: (courtesy of Lynx)

* Always save any reports from the scan results screen

* Never quarantine/delete anything identified without thoroughly investigating the files and the name of the detection

"No system that has been infected can be trusted ever again." So why even expose your computer, its Operating System and its valuable contents to the ravages of Malware on the internet in the first place when there is a plethora of light virtualization software programs that make such infection a virtual impossibility.

Although they use different virtualization techniques programs like Sandboxie, Returnil, Deep Freeze, PowerShadow, and ShadowDefender make it impossible for Malware to write to the computer by running everything from the browser to any program you like up to and including a snapshot of the entire computer in a virtual space where special permission must be given by the operator in order to authorize anything to be written to the computer and the computer reboots as perfectly clean as it was originally!

Since I've been using a virtualized browser for the very first time no Malware has been detected in my computer and as a result I do think that this type of virtualized prevention is the ultimate cure although I do keep the A-Squared Free scanner as well as my other on demand scanners handy to use as proof.

~Maxx~

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2514&stc=1&d=1258073645

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2515&stc=1&d=1258073728

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2516&stc=1&d=1258073807

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2517&stc=1&d=1258073837

so now passes 2 times as clean with the programs on offer from this company..

just shows one you do not need all the razzmatazz of anti this and that if

the system is hard set to deafened---now trying this app Allis its clear!

if any one is interested this is a free application.. i just used it to test my system --ok and a happy result.

also a app,called hijack free very good but use with care ,

one more to try see how this one runs--Mamutu...

itsmejjj

These are the same kind of zero positive results that A-Squared Free has scanned on my computer ever since I completely uninstalled the Antivirus that I was using with its 20 year old 'black list' default allow technology and started running my browser completely seperate from the computer's in its own virtual space with Sandboxie. There's no need for detection except for confirmation that the computer remains perfectly clean while running a Malware Immune Virtualized Browser where all the contents of the Sandbox except those specifically allowed into the computer by the operator are deleted forever when the Sandbox is closed including any and all Malware of any kind.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/8a24ff0e.gif

~Maxx~

just shows one you do not need all the razzmatazz of anti this and that if

the system is hard set to deafened---now trying this app Allis its clear!

if any one is interested this is a free application.. i just used it to test my system --ok and a happy result.

I am a big fan of effective prevention methods and as we all know there are many avenues that can lead to very high levels of success. Could you tell us more about this software that you are testing?

~Maxx~

A-Squared Free seems ok by me

I installed A-Squared Free and boy oh boy, what a huge piece of software :shock:

The Scan:

I ran a scan and it found a few Mild Cookies which I Deleted but I am sure they will return when I cruise the web.

It also found a false positive in Karen's Replicator which is a highly respected and much loved piece of software. I quarrantined it so I could easily submit it to A-Squared for approval then restored it again as I trust it completely.

I also sent the Karen's Replicator file to Virus Total and it came back clean, except for 2, Ikarus (the A-Squared engine) and one version of McAfee (but the other version said ok)

It also found a false positive in my Palm (PDA) folder where I keep copies of all my Palm software but this is quite common with AVs. It seems that when they scan some Palm software installers they get confused and throw up a red flag just in case.

The Performance:

I did not like the fact that a2Service.exe was always running and costing me about 7,0000 so I searched their forum where many suggest to go to Services and change it from Automatic to Manual.

I tried this but when I launch A-Squared then exit, a2Services.exe stays running.

So, back to Services and change it to Disabled and all seems ok now.

When I launch A-Squared I only get a2Free.exe running in Processes and this shuts down when I exit

Manual updates work, manual scans work and that's all I want and need :-)

I will probably keep A-Squared and maybe get rid of SpyBot S&D, I haven't been impressed by SpyBot in a long time.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived