IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Anti virus & registry cleaner am I right?

emttaff

Opera Software of Norway makes among many other products the Opera 10 Browser. The secret to its speed is that its maximum connections to the server can be user configured from the default setting of 8 where it runs on a par with Internet Explorer and Firefox to as high as 128 making Opera run 3X as fast as in its default mode. Opera also has over 5,000 different skin combinations, hundereds of wigets which can now be download to the computer, it has up to 25 speed dial tiles as seen in the attachment I posted and the list goes on including Opera 10.10 which uses the Opera Unite feature to become a web server. Check out the link above to learn more about this fantastically featured web browser.

~Maxx~

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

emttaff- Those Norwegians really know how to make a Web Browser go fast, don't they! If you like Opera's speed now you will really like it when you shift Opera into high gear using its on board network tuning tools by going into Preferences> Advanced> Network and changing the settings for maximum connections and maximum total connections to a server from the default 8 and 20 to 128 and 128...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/OperaNetworkSettings.jpg

These settings will take Opera from fast to flying as seen in the Bandwidth Meter Pro screen capture below where bandwidth in bbps is listed on the left and each verticle bar represents 1 second of download time on the same sets of three 8-10 MB downloads...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/FF36Opera102009-10-31.png

............................................. Firefox 3.6 Beta1...............Opera 10

~Maxx~

ok done that and have seen the diffrence. there are a few issues that are still not quite right.occasionally crashing when comodo warnings apear and need to use the mouse to rectify. also a few apps on facebook have some of the icons not working but appart from that all is good. as per usual whats next.

regards

emttaff

emttaff- Please tell us some more about the occasional crashes that occur when Defense+ prompts appear on your Vista computer that you are using the mouse to rectify.

Then the next step will be thinning out those 72 Vista Services that are running constantly so go into Start> Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Services and take a couple of screenshots showing what Services are automatic, manual and disabled and hopefully we can trim some of the major Services that are the most resource consuming many of which you no longer use the other more trivial Services will have to be left up to you and the Black Viper Vista Services Description and Recommendations.

~Maxx~

http://forums.iobit.comhttp://forums.iobit.com/images/attach/jpg.gif/images/attach/jpg.gif http://forums.iohttp://forums.iobit.com/images/attach/jpg.gifbit.com/images/attach/jpghttp://forums.iobit.com/images/attach/jpg.gif.gif

Here is a copy of the services menu as you requested Max. please be aware screen shot 5 also has some of screen shot 4 on it.

regards

emttaff

emttaff- Nice screenshots! Dad's PC crashed and I'm on my way over to see what I can do to help him with it, but I'll be back tonight to discuss your Services with you. Just a quick glance revealed several that you can probably do without so I'll talk to you then.

~Maxx~

emttaff- When it comes to the highly personalized job of editing Services Black Viper.com has all the information you will need to do an expert job of trimming them down to a choice of 'Safe', 'Tweaked' or 'Bare Bones' level depending on what you use your computer for.

Looking at your excellent screenshots I did notice a few suggestions...

-A Squared Free can be scaled back from automatic to manual and run 'on demand'

-IS360 Service can also be set to manual for 'on demand' use

-Problem Reports and Solutions can be disabled if you are not using it

-Ready Boost can be disabled if you aren't using it although it might help speed up your 1 GB RAM Vista computer by using a USB Flash Drive with a fast access time for a Paging File because Ready Boost was made for Vista computers with less than an optimal amount of RAM installed.

-Windows Defender and Windows Firewall can also be disabled since you're not using them

-Windows Media Center Services can be set to manual also since it will respond 'on demand' in fact I have Media Center totally disabled nevertheless it will play a movie on demand although I have to remember to take it off of the start menu and disable all of its services again.

-Windows Search can also be disabled if you're not using it for a sizable saving in system resources.

What I did with the Services on my Vista computer was to go to the Vista Services Page at Black Viper.com and spend 3 uninterrupted hours studying each service along with its dependencies and deciding how it should be set according to how I use the computer and as a result I cut the computer's start time almost in 1/2 and it was faster than ever without scores of unneeded Services dragging it down.

~Maxx~

No help with freezing apps but...

Unless you are making videos on a daily basis, you can change ulead movie factory to manual as well.

If you are not using MS readyboost with an external storage device, or not planning to, you can also change this to manual.

Hope this helps!

Hi Melvin

Freezing apps. could be caused by too small a graphics card.

Happened to me once!

Cheers

solbjerg

Unless you are making videos on a daily basis, you can change ulead movie factory to manual as well.

If you are not using MS readyboost with an external storage device, or not planning to, you can also change this to manual.

Hope this helps!

plan on upgrading to 4 gig in the not so distant future, will apply the changes and be back to u tomorrow. any idea about the freezing apps?

I've used every version of Opera 10 from the Alpha version to the final release as well as countless weekly snapshots of Opera 10.10, but I've never experienced any apps freezing.

~Maxx~

Hi Max ive made the ajustments to services as suggested. the freezing is not of the whole app just certain parts of it. this only occurs on facebook.

As usual my next question is whats next? god that question is wearing thin lol

regards

emttaff

• 2 weeks later...

Registry cleaner can remove and repair windows registry error files and invalid entries from your system. If you don't use registry cleaner then your windows will corrupt and your data will be lost. Anti virus can make safe your system from harmful virus like Trojans.

Good Luck !!

Archived