IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

can't delete empty folder

samr

OK guys,

I have one I can't figure out. I uninstalled AVG 9 and it left an empty folder AVG-AVG9-Toolbar-Firefox-utmp. Properties show that the folder is empty, but if I try to delete,open, or move I get "Access Denied" warning (see attachments). I tried "Unlock & delete" but it will not remove it (folder, not file). Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

samr

Me too

I had this same problem 2 days ago and this worked for me:

• Security 360 Unlock-Delete (it will probably say it is not locked)

• Restart your computer

• Immediately try Delete (that worked for me) or Unlock-Delete again

EDIT: Forgot to mention, first check TaskManager and make sure that whatever was in the folder is not 'secretly' running still.

All the best, woz of oz

Hi woz,

Thanks, but it won't work. The problem is that it is a folder, not a file. If I try to open from program files I get "Access Denied". I can't delete from "Unlock & Delete" because it is a folder, not a file. If I browse to find the file, I can go into the utmp folder from unlock & delete without access denied message, but there is nothing there to select to delete. It is empty. I can't select a folder.

Also, I checked Task Manager & nothing shows for the AVG Toolbar.Also nothing showing in Firefox add-ons for it.

samr.

Hi samr,

You can try Unlocker 1.8.8, to saperate the handles, than delete.

Cheers.

Thanks for the recommendation enoskype! I installed Unlocker 1.1.8 and it now resides in the context menu. I just tried it out and it and it certainly does do what it was made to do...mission deleted!

~Maxx~

Hi enoskype!!

Hi samr,

You can try Unlocker 1.8.8, to saperate the handles, than delete.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype. Neat tool. I've been using it every since you recommended it to me a long time ago. Some times my USB refuses to want to be removed and unlocker lets me safely remove it. When I posted that problem on the forum you recommenced it to me and I've been using it every since. Thanks friend.--garybear

• 3 months later...

Archived