IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AVG users who wish to not have blocks, please post here!

Melvin_Deal

MSE update without Windows update

For those MSE users who have turned Off Windows Automatic Update (you know who you are :smile:) but would like MSE to automatically update, AddictiveTips has released MSE Update Utility

Might be handy :smile:

Edit: And there is also Fix MSE a (hopefully) 'quick fix' if MSE plays up. Might save an un-install and clean install

The Fix MSE utility restores all the registry values & service settings to known good defaults, without re-installing MSE.

It runs the MpCmdRun.exe" -RestoreDefaults command and is meant for use by the common Windows user who is not normally familiar with the cmd or how to use it.

We have also mentioned that if it does not help, a re-install is the way to go

Edit# 2: I asked the question:

I am wondering about all service settings mentioned above.

Does this mean all and every Service setting ?

I have done some 'tweaking' to my Services so will those tweaks be restored to 'known good defaults' or only those Services that directly affect MSE ?

It has taken a lot of research and time but now my Acer Aspire One NetBook boots in 55 seconds and is lightning quick to use, I would not like to have to redo my many Services tweaks ;)

I got the reply:

Not ALL but ... all the registry values & service settings related to MSE ONLY. So it wont affect your customization

Even better :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived