IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Coolest Gadget for Win7 !!

detailer

OK, maybe not a big deal for those that migrated from Vista (I'm guessing there were similarities here),but Windows Explorer in Win7 has bugged me for months now coming over from XP.I still find it illogical with Tools,Programs,and Functions "mislabeled",and Control Panel is a nightmare-that's my take anyway.Enter this nifty gadget,and it's almost like having the best part of XP back again.I've pinned it to the task bar,and it's great!! If you're running 7,give it a try and tell me what you think.

detailer- Great find! They also have the same weird control Pannel configuration in Vista, but I prefer to use the alternative that is offered called the Classic View which also itemizes the individual functions in much the same way with subtitled icons organized alphabetically.

~Maxx~

Thanks Guys

But Dan,that's exactly what I'm talking about-way too "busy" for me-not to mention "renaming" things-such as having to access Add/Remove Programs first through Control Panel under Programs and Features.Why not just call it what it is in the CP menu? Seems like everything is "the long way around" in this OS.One thing I did to help with the Control Panel situation,was to have it display as a menu from the Start Menu.I love to see everything that's available to me in a simple mouse over.Downside to this configuration is that the menu is "taller" than my screen,and there's no scroll option like in XP to make it display in two columns.Same goes for the All Programs menu-limit 30 items-totally inadequate.A simple mouse over in XP showed a full two and a half columns of apps. in a split second.While I'm at it,the Search function-doesn't seem to work in the traditional sense.Too many items are simply not found-this new app. I just installed being one of them!! But maybe it's because I haven't learned their "new names" yet.I'm not trashing 7 here,but XP just seems to have it beat in some areas that matter most to me.Welcome to the future :roll:

Hmm, letting Windows 7 display "All Control Panel Items" (the 2nd picture I attached to my previous post) is just like the 'Classic View' in XP/Vista. Granted, they renamed a few things, but it's still all there. Having a list item in the start menu is not really different, is it? Am I understanding it all wrong?

And yes, the "standard" view of the Control Panel (first picture) was also way to confusing for me. I like simplicity. Give me a listed view, and I am happy. As a matter of fact, most of my folders are a simple list view.

Archived