IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Let me tell you a true story

solbjerg

When I was very young I worked for a couple of months in a farrow stable.

One day my girlfriend came visiting me there bringing her sausage dog (dachshund)

While we stood talking I noticed that the dog was very interested in the piglets that were about its own size - perhaps a little bit smaller.

I lifted up the dog and put it down in the piglet pen.

The pigs fled in screaming terror to the farthest part of the pen, the dog chasing them barking excitedly. When the piglets stopped running because they couldn't get any further, the dog stopped too, stopped barking also.

And as the piglets curiosity made them go forward tentatively the dog retreated to the corner and started shivering from fright more and more the closer the piglets came.

I then stamped hard on the floor and the sound made the piglets take fright and once again the dog chased them barking furiously.

I think I tested the reaction 3-4 times before bringing the dog out of the pen.

The moral - well there are several but one of them could be "face thy (your) foe".

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

The Moral-

"Anlayana sivrisinek saz,

anlamayana davul zurna az."

Cheers.

p.s.

Translation provided by a friend of mine:

"A mosquito is a violin to the comprehender, but drum and shrill pipe sound is not enough for those that do not comprehend."

solbjerg

EDIT: enoskype, please write in English in this Forum!!! http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon8.gif

hi wozofoz

Ankthay ouyay indlykay (thank you kindly)

rather easy language :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

For the benefit of any piglets that might be reading this.

Here is the translation of face thy (your) foe to Pig Latin (I used Piggle Translate)

acefay ythay (ouryay) oefay

:smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Aye mate!

Wonderful tale! Or should I say tell. Its nice for people to share so openly and tell their tales!

I also grew up around the farm.

There was a very (unseasonably) warm winter. I'd watched my grandfather string up his salted ham to season, dry, and cure in the cold dry air. That year it didn't dry out... get cold fast enough!

All the ham spoiled hanging... waiting to cure.

That's the only time I ever saw my Grandfather cry... when he realized it was all gone! Spoiled because of something he had no control over.

Then came the question... "how am I to feed my family this spring??"... Despite all my efforts there is no "fruit"???

The next day we sombernly buried the spoiled hams (about 10... maybe 8... maybe 12... I was only 7 yrs old)

I can only speculate his thoughts and emotions, but I do remember that in the spring we still had ham at the table!

He had the will and found a way.

Nice stories friends.

hi wozofoz

Ankthay ouyay indlykay (thank you kindly)

rather easy language :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi my friend solbjerg. I have no foe, only friends. I also grew up on a farm and spent a lot of time with my grand father. He taught me to hunt and was a very wise man He died of bone cancer, my dad of colon cancer. Cancer is very big on both sides of my family. I'm sad that I will probably pass it on to my children. I also enjoyed your story Melvin Deal.

Hi Melvin

Yes - keep plodding on because that is what one MUST do is a good quality to have.

So you come from good stock :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Wonderful tale! Or should I say tell. Its nice for people to share so openly and tell their tales!

I also grew up around the farm.

There was a very (unseasonably) warm winter. I'd watched my grandfather string up his salted ham to season, dry, and cure in the cold dry air. That year it didn't dry out... get cold fast enough!

All the ham spoiled hanging... waiting to cure.

That's the only time I ever saw my Grandfather cry... when he realized it was all gone! Spoiled because of something he had no control over.

Then came the question... "how am I to feed my family this spring??"... Despite all my efforts there is no "fruit"???

The next day we sombernly buried the spoiled hams (about 10... maybe 8... maybe 12... I was only 7 yrs old)

I can only speculate his thoughts and emotions, but I do remember that in the spring we still had ham at the table!

He had the will and found a way.

Hi gary

Everyone has adversaries - for you it is at least the cancer

It is in this meaning I use the word foe.

The rest is friends - you lucky cowboy :-) (as Shakespeare would have said) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi my friend solbjerg. I have no foe, only friends. I also grew up on a farm and spent a lot of time with my grand father. He taught me to hunt and was a very wise man He died of bone cancer, my dad of colon cancer. Cancer is very big on both sides of my family. I'm sad that I will probably pass it on to my children. I also enjoyed your story Melvin Deal.

Archived