IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

In Support of IObit

solbjerg

Let's take a good hard look at the chain of events concerning the accusation from Mbam.

1. First IObit starts to collect malware definitions from various sources

This is done without very much supervision as to how the malware definitions are treated.

Not very good!

2. IObit offers the new program IObit Security 360 (IS360)

This receives an enormous interest and very, very many download the program.

3. IObit instigates a contest among users to determine which malware program performs best. With a prize for winners set at 1000$ and 25000$ to the final winner.

This generates much interest too, and very many comparisons - often set up as Charts also. IObit fares well in the comparison generally.

Some tests also have antivirus programs in them and as the malware base that are tested also has virus definitions incorporated the antivirus programs scores higher than the malware programs. Mbam scores high here?

4. IObit is approached by the president of Mbam that asks them to close down the contest.

IObit refuses

5. IObit is accused by Mbam of stealing their definition database.

Mbam claims that they had a "suspicion" and had set a "trap" for IObit by creating bogus malware definitions in their database.

Several questions arises from this:

a. How is it possible for IObit to enter Mbam's database?

b. Why didn't Mbam just show that some of the same definitions were in IObits database already? (publicity stunt?)

c. Why was the accusation released at the wee hours at night in China - they could have released it in the morning in the US to make it more probable that some IObit representative would be awake (smacks of manipulation)

d. Why were so many supporters of Mbam ready to join the IObit forum instantly and post verbal abuse on a Help forum?

Some of it inexcuseable abuse.

(more questions could be asked about the motive behind it, but I will let this suffice for now)

5.a. IObit issues a statement concerning the accusation

This statement is largely ignored or discounted by ranters and naggers in the forum

6. Mbam threatens legal action.

Several US based download sites for IObit products discontinue to provide download opportunity for the products.

Major setback for IObit.

7. IObit closes down the comparison contest.

Sad day for many hopeful contesters!

8. The sites blocking download of IObit products open for download again.

Some agreement must have been reached between Mbam and IObit for this to happen.

Neither of them has issued a statement to that effect?

8.a. IObit issues a second statement concerning the accusatation

This is largely ignored by antagonists in the forum

9. The accusations in the forum has abated and the verbal abuse has become markedly less.

My guess is that the attention span of naggers are short, and perhaps many has begun questioning the motive behind this accusation.

10. Finally let me say that for IObit to downright steal from the presumably well protected database of Mbam would require a hacker of world class (I hope for Mbams sake), and then incorporate it without camouflaging it would be so stupid as to defy understanding.

This makes me believe that IObit's explanation on how the definitions became added to their database is true.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I first wrote it in "Let me tell you a true story", but decided it needed a thread of its own.

p.p.s. IObit's statements can be read in IObit's blog!

http://blog.iobit.com/archives/95.html

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=4981

Thank you my friend.

Hi my friend solbjerg. You are very wise my friend. This is a great thread and has made me feel better. Maybe I can return sooner than I thought. I have one question that is burning in my gut. I believe every word that you have posted, but I have to ask this question. Why did IObit remove half their data base and leave our members half way protected for so long. As far as I know they are still only half way protected . Why do they not tell us this and tell us to protect our selves with another program until they get this all figured out. Our member sunny staines said we might want to find another program until IObit got this cleared up, but nothing from the big dogs at IObit. There is no doubt in my mind that my AV and Macrium did not like IObit 360 but that is another story. That caused me to start a thread (Mad as Hell), which I now regret. I have said way to much and I know some members will not be happy with me ,but It was tearing up my gut. Now I will leave for a while longer and see you all back at the truck soon.---garybear

Hi gary

Thanks!

Yes a valid question that I did not fully explain in this thread.

It is explained though in IObit's blog.

It has to do with the definitions they just put in from the malware collections they had picked up from their collection site and from users.

(that was a very loose and unwise action - also explained and apologized for by IObit)

This in turn meant that there could be many definitions in the database that they had handled in that way.

To avoid dispute about this they apparently pulled all definitions they had entered uncheched.

I too feel that they made an oversight by not more fully explaining that in the forum - but it has been mentioned.

Perhaps we administrators should have focused more on that subject, sorry! But at the time we had a lot to do - I say that as an explanation - not an excuse.

My guess is that they are working around the clock to restore and improve their database this moment.

I also expect one of IObit's representatives to comment on this thread.

Thank you gary!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. IObit's blog: http://blog.iobit.com/archives/95.html

p.p.s. As far as I remember I computed it to around 40% that they pulled (according to some figures quoted by a member) - I will have to find the thread where I wrote that.

Hi my friend solbjerg. You are very wise my friend. This is a great thread and has made me feel better. Maybe I can return sooner than I thought. I have one question that is burning in my gut. I believe every word that you have posted, but I have to ask this question. Why did IObit remove half their data base and leave our members half way protected for so long. As far as I know they are still only half way protected . Why do they not tell us this and tell us to protect our selves with another program until they get this all figured out. Our member sunny staines said we might want to find another program until IObit got this cleared up, but nothing from the big dogs at IObit. There is no doubt in my mind that my AV and Macrium did not like IObit 360 but that is another story. That caused me to start a thread (Mad as Hell), which I now regret. I have said way to much and I know some members will not be happy with me ,but It was tearing up my gut. Now I will leave for a while longer and see you all back at the truck soon.---garybear

HI

Hi enoskype

Right!! Thanks for posting the links!

The rest I will leave up to a representative from IObit to do :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi my friend. Don't hold your breath. The IObit big dogs are letting our loyal members fight off the dogs here on the forum. They are to busy and only have time to create a blog. You two guys are my heroes. I just hope IObit realizes what they have in you guys. Thanks enoskype and solbjerg. You are two guys I would want in my fox hole in I were in a war.---gary

Hi gary

Thanks for your kind words to me and enoskype.

It really made me laugh merrily picturing 3 elderly guys huddled together in a foxhole complaining about our different ailments. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi my friend. Don't hold your breath. The IObit big dogs are letting our loyal members fight off the dogs here on the forum. They are to busy and only have time to create a blog. You two guys are my heroes. I just hope IObit realizes what they have in you guys. Thanks enoskype and solbjerg. You are two guys I would want in my fox hole in I were in a war.---gary

Hi guys,

Silence is the sometimes best of comments...

And remenber :

"Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon cœur d'une langueur monotone." Paul Verlaine

Very bests regards

Uh, translate please:-P Something about it is better to not say anything and have others think you are a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt... LOL

Lee

Google is your friend

Hi Leeman,

if I have to explain, this means that either you are very young my friend, or that you do not know the history (2d world war, preparations for the landing, ) ...

It is an allusion to the historical context : the message launched by the BBC to supporters and partisans to unite their efforts with those of allied troops.

I address it to three old timers in their burrows. he he he (3 elderly guys huddled together in a foxhole complaining about our different ailments.) to let they know that we are here, they are not alones !

about my little sybilin message, the players know that I was close in the battle as soon as the early attacks by Malwarebytes and members of their forum ...

I renew here my friendships with Solbjerg, Enoskype and Garybear!

Bye

Hi titou

This is my translation - correct me if I am wrong please:

something like

The sobbing of the violin hurts my heart with its selfinflicted long drawn out humdrum

There is something to be said for that viewpoint, but the shadow of the attack on our forum will stay with us for awhile anyway, so I thought I would let my voice be heard after all the clamour had died down to try to create a more reasonable discussion.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. sybilin? You mean symbolic, don't you? :-)

Hi Leeman,

if I have to explain, this means that either you are very young my friend, or that you do not know the history (2d world war, preparations for the landing, ) ...

It is an allusion to the historical context : the message launched by the BBC to supporters and partisans to unite their efforts with those of allied troops.

I address it to three old timers in their burrows. he he he (3 elderly guys huddled together in a foxhole complaining about our different ailments.) to let they know that we are here, they are not alones !

about my little sybilin message, the players know that I was close in the battle as soon as the early attacks by Malwarebytes and members of their forum ...

Bye

explanation

Hi Solbjerg :grin:

This will help you :

French Resistance

For the Normandy landings is a complete success, the Allies asked the networks of the French Resistance to participate in the preparation of this operation which is now known as Operation Overlord.

Alerts are sent to the resistance through the radio: the BBC, when issued, French, issued coded messages which had all their meaning and their recipients. Thus, five days before June 6, 1944, J Day, listeners of the French broadcast of the BBC can hear the first three verses of the poem "Song of Autumn" from Verlaine ( "The long sobs - The Violons - From Autumn ...").

The significance of this message is: the landing will take place during this week and once the next three verses of this poem issued ( "Wound my heart - one languor - Monotone ..."), the offensive commence within 48 hours. These messages, many announce the start of operations of sabotage: the resistance then destroy railways, telephone lines and install anti-tank mines on roads. On the night of 5 to 6 June 1944, almost 1,000 acts of sabotage will be made by the French Resistance.

And specialy for you :

Fransk Resistance

For i Normandiet er en komplet succes, de allierede bad net af den franske modstandsbevægelse til at deltage i forberedelsen af denne operation som nu er kendt som Operation Overlord.

Advarsler sendes til modstand gennem radioen: BBC, når der er udstedt, fransk, udstedt kodede meddelelser, som alle havde deres betydning og deres modtagere. Således, fem dage før juni 6, 1944, J Dag, kan lytterne af den franske udsendelse af BBC høre de tre første vers af digtet "Song of Autumn" fra Verlaine ( "Den lange Hulken - Det Violons - Fra Efterår ...").

Betydningen af dette budskab er: landingen skal finde sted i løbet af denne uge, og når de næste tre vers i dette digt, der er udstedt ( "Wound mit hjerte - en smægten - Monotone ..."), i offensiven påbegyndes inden for 48 timer. Disse beskeder, mange annoncere idriftsættelsen af sabotage: modstanden derefter ødelægge jernbaner, telefonlinjer og installere anti-tank miner på vejene. Om natten den 5. og 6. juni 1944, næsten 1.000 sabotagehandlinger vil blive foretaget af den franske modstandsbevægelse.

Very best regards

Welcome my friend to our fox hole!!

Hi Leeman,

Bye

Hi titou. Your friendship is greatly welcomed my friend. To have my name mentioned next to solbjerg and enoskype is more than I could even have dreamed about. When I think about being in a fox hole with these two, I also burst out in laughter. If we wanted to leave the hole, we would have to help each other out:grin:and it would take an hour to get straightened up again so we could walk:-D ---garybear:-D

Hi titou

Yes, but if that was your meaning, why did you then start the comment with "Sometimes silence is the best comment"?

Others have said the same, so I thought it was a verbatim translation that was needed. :-)

I do not remember reference to that particular code in the radio. But perhaps I have seen it in translated form somewhere, - I knew they coordinated the invasion with the resistance.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg :grin:

This will help you :

French Resistance

For the Normandy landings is a complete success, the Allies asked the networks of the French Resistance to participate in the preparation of this operation which is now known as Operation Overlord.

Alerts are sent to the resistance through the radio: the BBC, when issued, French, issued coded messages which had all their meaning and their recipients. Thus, five days before June 6, 1944, J Day, listeners of the French broadcast of the BBC can hear the first three verses of the poem "Song of Autumn" from Verlaine ( "The long sobs - The Violons - From Autumn ...").

The significance of this message is: the landing will take place during this week and once the next three verses of this poem issued ( "Wound my heart - one languor - Monotone ..."), the offensive commence within 48 hours. These messages, many announce the start of operations of sabotage: the resistance then destroy railways, telephone lines and install anti-tank mines on roads. On the night of 5 to 6 June 1944, almost 1,000 acts of sabotage will be made by the French Resistance.

And specialy for you :

Fransk Resistance

For i Normandiet er en komplet succes, de allierede bad net af den franske modstandsbevægelse til at deltage i forberedelsen af denne operation som nu er kendt som Operation Overlord.

Advarsler sendes til modstand gennem radioen: BBC, når der er udstedt, fransk, udstedt kodede meddelelser, som alle havde deres betydning og deres modtagere. Således, fem dage før juni 6, 1944, J Dag, kan lytterne af den franske udsendelse af BBC høre de tre første vers af digtet "Song of Autumn" fra Verlaine ( "Den lange Hulken - Det Violons - Fra Efterår ...").

Betydningen af dette budskab er: landingen skal finde sted i løbet af denne uge, og når de næste tre vers i dette digt, der er udstedt ( "Wound mit hjerte - en smægten - Monotone ..."), i offensiven påbegyndes inden for 48 timer. Disse beskeder, mange annoncere idriftsættelsen af sabotage: modstanden derefter ødelægge jernbaner, telefonlinjer og installere anti-tank miner på vejene. Om natten den 5. og 6. juni 1944, næsten 1.000 sabotagehandlinger vil blive foretaget af den franske modstandsbevægelse.

Very best regards

Re :

I agree with your point of view, be sure! :smile:

My purpose was to respond to Gary, saying that "you're not alone all three, although I said nothing, I'm here, I read your thread, and to encourage you, remember the day my father who was a young French resistant heard BBC radio with the famous proverb "The senglots long autumn lull my heart with a monotonous languor" which heralded the start of the landing in Normandy.

Sybilin : It means the mysterious figure is obscure, whose meaning is elusive.

synonimous : enigmatic, hermetic, mysterious, obscure, incomprehensible,

The difficulty of the written report and oral, is the lack of intonation, lack of sight to him who receives the message. In addition to the disability, the language barrier introduce translation differences of meaning. Not to mention the nuances of each language ..

Bye :lol:

Ok titou

Becomes much less sybilin :-) Thank you! (perhaps sibylistic)

One of my uncles was very active in the Danish resistance.

Cheers mon ami

solbjerg

I agree with your point of view, be sure! :smile:

My purpose was to respond to Gary, saying that "you're not alone all three, although I said nothing, I'm here, I read your thread, and to encourage you, remember the day my father who was a young French resistant heard BBC radio with the famous proverb "The senglots long autumn lull my heart with a monotonous languor" which heralded the start of the landing in Normandy.

Sybilin : It means the mysterious figure is obscure, whose meaning is elusive.

synonimous : enigmatic, hermetic, mysterious, obscure, incomprehensible,

Bye :lol:

Archived