IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Security Defence Problems

alext2014

Hi alext

It is a good idea to read Usage of IObit Products thread in the Lounge section. (link in my signature)

But here is part of what it says about Security Defense:

Advanced WindowsCare "Security Defense" can prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests; Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Browsers; Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer. "Security Defense" is a "Prevent" function ensuring no known malignant codes can install onto your PC without warning while you are on the Internet. The database for "Security Defense" will be updated often. Please make sure your Advanced WindowsCare is always updated for maximum security. .

As you can see it blocks the items in a list of dangerous sites. I think there is about 40000 now in the list. The 9000 you refer to must be the number of sites you haven't yet blocked.

You have the opportunity to unblock a site if you really want to or think you need some service from that site by un-ticking that particular item.

Otherwise just select ALL of them for immunization by following and chosing the action you want in that window.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Perhaps you noticed that the description said AWC, this is because the description is from the time when ASC was called AWC, but the description itself is still just as valid :-)

I have always had an updated version of Zone Alarm with spyware on my computer, and somehow I just produced over 9000 problems in the security defense scan. Is this normal? Do that many people have information about me?

Archived