IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Task bar & desktop icons disappear

dipp

After installing IObit Security 3.60 ver. 1.30 on Dell PC running Windows XP SP3, I have a problem with my desktop icons & task bar disappearing. Using task manager > start new task > explorer solves the problem until the next time I boot-up. Is there a permanent fix for this?

hi dipp

Would you please send a screenshot of your options in IS360

Cheers

solbjerg

After installing IObit Security 3.60 ver. 1.30 on Dell PC running Windows XP SP3, I have a problem with my desktop icons & task bar disappearing. Using task manager > start new task > explorer solves the problem until the next time I boot-up. Is there a permanent fix for this?

Hi dipp

Hi dipp. Is it possible that you have a virus or malware??? What do use use for anti-virus and malware?? Can you run dskchk or sfc /scannow?? How do you get it back using task manager?? You say after installing IObit 360 you have a problem. You got this problem after installing and that's all you did? IObit 360 is a malware program. Can you please give solbjerg more information. Does your desktop icons show up in Documents and Setting -Owner??

• 1 month later...

Hi???????????

Hi friends. I searched google, but not much info. on this. Can some one tell me whats going on with System process. Screen prints are in idle, just looking at desk top. I don't know but I don't think any thing is running except AVG and IObit 360. Comando. Why is there so much RAM usage in one shot and none in next shot??? (System Process)

Hi enoskype!!

Hi Gary,

It is not seen in the screenshot, what is the CPU usage of the processes on top hidden part of the image in the first attachment.

It is not possible to guess which process was using the CPU when the system was using high RAM.

Cheers.

Hi friend. CPU is not a problem. Its only 5 %. Its the RAM usage,that I'm concerned with. I never have high CPU usage. I have plenty of free RAM but some times System Processes eats a lot of RAM and I don't know why.

Hi enoskype!!

Hi Gary,

It is not seen in the screenshot, what is the CPU usage of the processes on top hidden part of the image in the first attachment.

It is not possible to guess which process was using the CPU when the system was using high RAM.

Cheers.

Hi friend. CPU is not a problem. Its only 5 %. Its the RAM usage,that I'm concerned with. I never have high CPU usage. I have plenty of free RAM but some times System Processes eats a lot of RAM and I don't know why. 85,416 down to 16!!

Hi friend!!

Hi Gary,

The reason that I would like to see the highest CPU usage at the time of high RAM usage is for trying to figure out the high usage of RAM.

So, my point in my previous post is still valid!

Cheers.

Hi friend. I never doubt your wisdom and I'm not questioning it now. What I'm concerned about is that once System process uses a lot RAM, it never gives it back. I know that a process will use high CPU at the start, but then it gives it back. This screen shot shows FastStone using 77% CPU when its first initiated , but then gives it back. I don't know about all this stuff and how it works. I just watch my Ram in my system tray and when it gets below 50%, I check task manager and I always find System Processes using a lot of RAM and it doesn't give it up unless I force it too with Smart Ram or a reboot. I'm not good at explaining things. I hope this explains this.---Thanks friend!!! gary This is google. Blaming AVG, but AVG says not true. http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6142_102-0.html?threadID=367851

Hi Gary,

Nothing seems to be abnormal there.

Although AVG is a resource hogger, in your case it is normal and RAM is made for this kind of usage to keep the recently used programs to speedup the process next time you use the program.

Using Smart RAM, minimizes that if you Deep clean and releases the unnecessary memory when you use Smart clean.

Be well my friend and cheers.

Hi enoskype!!

Hi Gary,

Nothing seems to be abnormal there.

Although AVG is a resource hogger, in your case it is normal and RAM is made for this kind of usage to keep the recently used programs to speedup the process next time you use the program.

Using Smart RAM, minimizes that if you Deep clean and releases the unnecessary memory when you use Smart clean.

Be well my friend and cheers.

Hi friend. You know I'm thick between the ears. Let me see if I'm understanding you. If I look at Smart Ram in my system tray and my RAM is showing 50% or less free RAM, then I should do a deep clean until I get it back to 75%. You are saying that it is normal to have system process using 85,416K some times when it is usually 16K. What causes it to take 85.416K of RAM and not releasing it back??? These levels seem to be the high and low of system process. That's a lot of difference 85,416K down to 16K. IMHO this was causing me to freeze and slow down before I added more RAM. How high will it get before it releases it back and if someone doesn't have 1GB RAM or more, isn't this a problem when system process hogs this much RAM. I'm just trying to learn from the best teacher I know, so hang in there. This old hard headed country boy will wake up soon. As long as I can release RAM with Smart RAM, its not a problem. I'm just a curious old fart:smile::smile:--gary

Hi sunny!!!

garybear

as AVG is free why not delete it and try another free to see if it solves the problem, if not just reinstall AVG or a macrium backup.

A lot of people been getting problems with AVG of late with various conflicts, try AVAST or another free one

Hi friend. Its not causing a problem. I'm just curious!!! My friend enoskype says AVG is not the problem. AVG says its not. I trust AVG and I've had it for years. I guess I'm just to dxxx stubborn to change to another AV. Thanks for your advice my friend. I was using Microsoft Security Essentials for a while and it interfered with Macrium , so went back to AVG. I have searched very hard on the web and others have posted the same thing and they are using different AV's. enoskype says its nothing ,so I"ll just accept it. As long as Smart Ram releases the RAM, I'll just keep doing that when I need to. Thanks for your post.---gary

Hi Gary,

If we simplify the overall process of using RAM, some programs, apart from using memory in RAM themselves, do need the system to use high amount of RAM too. Normally (without Smart RAM) PC will release some of the programs in the RAM to page file when there is no more RAM available for other new processes. This is a standard behaviour of Windows. Smart RAM's compression technology and ability to free RAM when the system is idle, makes it for user not to feel the relase and writing processes and there are always more RAM available for the new processes.

Without Smart RAM, when there is a little amount of RAM left for use, then the stalling , freezing occurs, because of the need to open a space in RAM, the information has to be written to the Page File on the disk and then the new program occupies some of the RAM.

Of course this is a bigger problem if you have less RAM installed to the PC.

Higher the RAM memory, more programs are kept there, therefore shorter the time to access to those programs.

On top of that, if you have single core Processor and slower CPU, the programs using high amount of CPU with high priority, causes other programs to slow down, and freezing, as a result, you will have a sitting duck. :razz:

I am not sure if I was clear enough, please ask if you have more questions.

Cheers.

Hi friend!!!!

Hi Gary,

If we simplify the overall process of using RAM, some programs, apart from using memory in RAM themselves, do need the system to use high amount of RAM too. Normally (without Smart RAM) PC will release some of the programs in the RAM to page file when there is no more RAM available for other new processes. This is a standard behaviour of Windows. Smart RAM's compression technology and ability to free RAM when the system is idle, makes it for user not to feel the relase and writing processes and there are always more RAM available for the new processes.

Without Smart RAM, when there is a little amount of RAM left for use, then the stalling , freezing occurs, because of the need to open a space in RAM, the information has to be written to the Page File on the disk and then the new program occupies some of the RAM.

Of course this is a bigger problem if you have less RAM installed to the PC.

Higher the RAM memory, more programs are kept there, therefore shorter the time to access to those programs.

On top of that, if you have single core Processor and slower CPU, the programs using high amount of CPU with high priority, causes other programs to slow down, and freezing, as a result, you will have a sitting duck. :razz:

I am not sure if I was clear enough, please ask if you have more questions.

Cheers.

You are a gem my friend. I think I understand it enough and I will not worry about this any more. Thanks friend!! gary

Hi friend!!!

Hi enoskype. See if this description makes since. This is the way this old feeble mind understands this. You have to come down to my level to understand OK. System Process is a real nice guy or gal:smile: . He hogs a bunch of memory, more than any one else, but doesn't use it all for him self and is always ready to share if some one wants RAM. Since he or she is so nice he will share with others. Smart Ram makes him share and so we never see freezes or slow downs;that is if nothing else is wrong with our PC. Now if System Process gets stingy we do a deep clean with Mr. Smart Ram and make him put back some memory. He doesn't seem to mind but will take it back on a reboot. On my PC it will be 85,416K. I think this will very on different PC's. In my screen prints I made him give back some memory ,but he took it back after a reboot.:smile: I did 5 deep cleans and got 40,844K released. Then reboot and System process took it back:smile: This is the way I describe this.---gary

Aye!!! What happened?

Screenshot taken while system still booting and task manager slow to show realtime percentages??? How long after you boot up gary before you feel like you can actually do something? Just curious... that's all!

P.S. I hinted that Dipp (the originator of this thread) may not be back... now this thread seems to have evolved into something more appropriate to the Lounge????

Hi friend!!!

Screenshot taken while system still booting and task manager slow to show realtime percentages??? How long after you boot up gary before you feel like you can actually do something? Just curious... that's all!

P.S. I hinted that Dipp (the originator of this thread) may not be back... now this thread seems to have evolved into something more appropriate to the Lounge????

Hi Mel. I have no idea why that screen shot shows like that. I use FastStone. It has a feature called capture scrolling windows, and that's what I used for that screen shot. My server is the last thing to load after I reboot. After it connects ,I can access the net. I never really timed a boot but think maybe 45 seconds or less before I do any thing. I'm old and never get into much of a hurry:smile:----gary I'll try another screen shot and see if I get the same results. Yup same results!!! Well I was a little off on reboot time. It took 2 minutes to reboot and get on the net.

Archived