IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Journey of LiJiang

Tim Xue

Hi aguilarojo :-)

Ok, I didn't apparently remember the number correctly - but it was close :-)

(don' be sorry about that - it is fine to be corrected)

I find that it has become harder with age to wake up and feel absolutely in top form and full of wonder about the world and what wonderfull and interesting experiences the day will bring, as I experienced when I was very young.

Well you too have a nice weekend!!

Cheers

solbjerg

...I find that it has become harder with age to wake up and feel absolutely in top form and full of wonder about the world and what wonderfull and interesting experiences the day will bring, as I experienced when I was very young....

As I rethink that marvelous work of Douglas Adams, I can't help but think that Arthur Dent represents this aspect of our normal every day lives. Our concerns ... Our bills. Our jobs or lack of one. I believe this is expressed in how Arthur Dent so ineffectually attempts to protect his own house when his friend Arthur Prefect is doing his best to bring Dent to consciousness of greater and vaster matters -- such as the imminent destruction of planet Earth.

And really if we examine our personal lives, it is amazing how prescient Douglas Adams was for we are indeed facing the destruction of our Earth -- only it isn't the Vogons or any foreign hyper advanced space aliens (like renegade Vulcans or psychotic Romulans) -- it is something much more mundane and damning; our own callously collective refusal to get a grip on ourselves.

I believe we can redirect our skills towards saving ourselves and the rest of the web of life with whom we share this planet.

This is a great challenge, but something we can deal with because this is in the end -- a human problem. This is something we can work on and succeed with.

Let's renew ourselves. We may not have eternal youth, but we don't need that. All we need is to do what we can with what we have regardless how old or how young we are as individuals. We know how to work with ourselves especially if we reintegrate our lives to include the web of life which in fact unifies us all.

Let's get to work and get this done.

The Earth still is a wonderful place; it deserves our efforts to correct ourselves.

Some quotes to quicken our spirits in embracing these challenges:

Validius est naturae testimonium quam doctrinae argumentum.

-- John Hazelrigg, Astrologer.

Translation: The testimony of nature is of greater weight than the arguments of learning.

Alternative translation: Nature's validity is testimony superior to arguments of doctrine or scholarship.

==============

"The Romans used to say that courage is not the only virtue, but it's the only one that makes the other virtues possible."

-- Benjamin Netanyahu to Brian Lamb on C-SPAN's Washington Journal, Sept. 21, 2001

===============

Everything on the Earth has a purpose.

Every disease an herb to cure it.

And every person has a mission.

This is the Indian Theory of Existence.

--- Morning Dove, Salish (1888-1936)

I believe we can redirect our skills towards saving ourselves and the rest of the web of life with whom we share this planet.

This is a great challenge, but something we can deal with because this is in the end -- a human problem. This is something we can work on and succeed with.

nice fancy words,but tell that to a human ,starving..see what he tells you,

or a overpopulated country.tell him how this is going to help him/her or that thy should ,redirect there skills ,and i would love ta see where he/she would redirect

the one preaching this..

all the fancy words will not do a thing ta stop demands,

ok for the lucky ones well of ,thy can write fancy slogans ,poems ,write nice books,then advice how we must clean op the planet. but that's not going ta feed the poor ,over populous .is it..

tell the well of .Hy give over all you do not need ta feed the ones who do not have the same..so thy can redirect them self's. on cleaning this earth...

and see what the well of tell you. 90% will tell ya where ya can go!

why? its the way we are ,some more so than others.we have this need DEMANDING.and keeping what we have...any one interfering ,would get blasted ..and told piss of.yes many are good people,and try,but 90%

care less....and Demand..unless every one is as one ,yes there may be a hope..but this will never happen...look at history..look around you,

but yes we can dream and post nice stuff .but the real thing is .it will not happen..we are slowly killing of this place,as the demand is growing!!!

itsmejjj

itsmejjj

...nice fancy words,but tell that to a human ,starving..see what he tells you,

..unless every one is as one ,yes there may be a hope..but this will never happen...look at history..look around you,

but yes we can dream and post nice stuff .but the real thing is .it will not happen..we are slowly killing of this place,as the demand is growing!!!

itsmejjj

Venerable Itsmejjj:

I'm well aware of what you speak. As daunting as this serious challenge of moving from words into action especially in times of crisis human history actually demonstrates an amazing talent for people nearly universally to make better choices. It isn't pretty and yes, there are great losses of lives, and more -- but humanity grows wiser, learns and moves forward -- rarely repeating past errors.

The chances are that humanity will repeat them. However, the odds also exist that new choices and directions will be made as well. Remember itsmejjj, the sun also rises and wherever that remains so, there will remain opportunity. Maybe not the opportunity envisioned by what has passed or what will pass, but opportunity nonetheless for those who embrace the path where consideration of the web of life is included in all future decisions.

My father always told me-

where there is life ,there is hope.the dead cant ,but the living can.

you and i are very correct in what you and i state,and say,the years i am able to be here,and seen ,what no Pearson should see,and never will -yet many may of

makes one wonder,why? history has given us lessons,from the BC. to now.yet we still go head to head at it.millions upon millions were killed, and still are,why? DEMAND (if you do not give it to me i will kill you fore it)

i see nothing that will change this,many do make a valved effort,yet far to many care less.again ,demand,you read the old and wise prophets ,story's warnings,not that different to what we post here,in a nut shell demand,over rules the good,

greed pushing,at the poor,so the rich get richer,to poor more desaturated,there will be a war,that no one will win,or survive,look above you when you step out side,what the heck you think is up there,?

mirrors? there are weapons ,we do not even know of,and one day it will

go of.when ?who knows .what rat bag will set this of.

sorry this is not dooms day talk,it is going to happen,greed and demand

this will kill us all..i be leave this,why? not the amount that may die,or who wins

its whats left floating in the air.on the ground rotting every thing.

you see there were many wars,but non pollutant,thy battled it out .

the winner took all ,cleaned up the dead,that was it.simple.

this earth will be a bowl for rats and cockroaches. but hy thy may evolve into something.called human? do i have faith in the human? to clean up there mess? no sorry i do not..

even if bill gates gave every penny he made to help ,it would not even dint

the filth,we made,no its needs every one .every where...and the demand stop,in its track,only the need would apply.you think this will happen?

not a hope.but i respect your thinking,on this ,why ?would it not be a better place if every one was of the same view...

now the word faith in a human ,na i seen it thank you.we are just animals,and even more so ,we have a brain,yet use it to win over the other

we use it to kill better ,so the demand succeeds,

we use it to make weapons to better kill. the other.now have the ultimate weapon,that can blow this place to where it may of started from..10 times over! just think even if it blows out fully and the world stays intact,.the shit in the air would take 10,000 years to dissipate.thy the human have tested this ,the pollution flowing under us ,above us.slowly leaking into out food.we pollute the system

millions of tons a day .and more every day ..sure thy slowed it down a tiny bit.a few % but one stops the other opens 3 times more...

so far it has only been used 1 time in our history.what makes one think it will

not be used again ,on a mass....unless there is something out there,a super nova brain.there that can intervene,but hope this is sooner than later,

stop all this .demand..and turn it back into just needs..

here is a point ,are you going to walk,use no zips,and grow your own food.

no we cant.there is no room .or we destroy every thing to make room.

any how thanks again ..heahhh but i love the posts you made and read then 2 times..so i would understand your point..you are well educated ,i think ..

i am just a simple old fella..that has had ans seen much.

itsmejjj

Hi jjj

Greed is the scourge of the human race!

The other animals don't have it.

The hunters usually just "harvest" what they need to stay alive themselves.

The gatherers do amass a hoard of "wealth" but usually just what they need to continue their procreation cycle.

We on the other hand does not seem to have the ability to stop hoarding.

Some side effects from greed is beneficial e.g. new inventions, the pursuit of knowledge and so on.

Some years (quite a few) ago the World Bank president said that if we all would be content with the standard of living we had around 1960 in the west, and we distributed that wealth evenly, the standard of living could be the same all over the world.

Perhaps that could have decreased the population explosion?

Plankton has been around for a couple of billions of years and in that sense must be regarded as one of the most successful species on earth.

I fear that we won't attain that measure of success.

Cheers

solbjerg

My father always told me-

where there is life ,there is hope.the dead cant ,but the living can.

you and i are very correct in what you and i state,and say,the years i am able to be here,and seen ,what no Pearson should see,and never will -yet many may of

makes one wonder,why? history has given us lessons,from the BC. to now.yet we still go head to head at it.millions upon millions were killed, and still are,why? DEMAND (if you do not give it to me i will kill you fore it)

i see nothing that will change this,many do make a valved effort,yet far to many care less.again ,demand,you read the old and wise prophets ,story's warnings,not that different to what we post here,in a nut shell demand,over rules the good,

greed pushing,at the poor,so the rich get richer,to poor more desaturated,there will be a war,that no one will win,or survive,look above you when you step out side,what the heck you think is up there,?

mirrors? there are weapons ,we do not even know of,and one day it will

go of.when ?who knows .what rat bag will set this of.

sorry this is not dooms day talk,it is going to happen,greed and demand

this will kill us all..i be leave this,why? not the amount that may die,or who wins

its whats left floating in the air.on the ground rotting every thing.

you see there were many wars,but non pollutant,thy battled it out .

the winner took all ,cleaned up the dead,that was it.simple.

this earth will be a bowl for rats and cockroaches. but hy thy may evolve into something.called human? do i have faith in the human? to clean up there mess? no sorry i do not..

even if bill gates gave every penny he made to help ,it would not even dint

the filth,we made,no its needs every one .every where...and the demand stop,in its track,only the need would apply.you think this will happen?

not a hope.but i respect your thinking,on this ,why ?would it not be a better place if every one was of the same view...

now the word faith in a human ,na i seen it thank you.we are just animals,and even more so ,we have a brain,yet use it to win over the other

we use it to kill better ,so the demand succeeds,

we use it to make weapons to better kill. the other.now have the ultimate weapon,that can blow this place to where it may of started from..10 times over! just think even if it blows out fully and the world stays intact,.the shit in the air would take 10,000 years to dissipate.thy the human have tested this ,the pollution flowing under us ,above us.slowly leaking into out food.we pollute the system

millions of tons a day .and more every day ..sure thy slowed it down a tiny bit.a few % but one stops the other opens 3 times more...

so far it has only been used 1 time in our history.what makes one think it will

not be used again ,on a mass....unless there is something out there,a super nova brain.there that can intervene,but hope this is sooner than later,

stop all this .demand..and turn it back into just needs..

here is a point ,are you going to walk,use no zips,and grow your own food.

no we cant.there is no room .or we destroy every thing to make room.

any how thanks again ..heahhh but i love the posts you made and read then 2 times..so i would understand your point..you are well educated ,i think ..

i am just a simple old fella..that has had ans seen much.

itsmejjj

i was looking at the first post .what a nice place.looks peaceful .clean.

i do not know any thing about the country bar it has a wall,temples .and what i now and then see on documentary films..but yes we to live in a nice place ,plenty of space ,clean air,but like every where ,must try to keep it So,and people here do..i do not know how crowded it is were you are,but here only about 16.000 population spread out .with many high mountains,we have very good air.the food is very good,mostly supplied by locals,yes we are very lucky.

itsmejjj

Hi jjj

Yes beautiful pictures, but about a year later they had that terrible earthquake there.

I live as you can see from my info in Denmark (about 125 people/km²) and on the Island of Bornholm (about 75 people/km²)

Bornholm is the only place in Denmark with cliffs and granite, the rest of Denmark is covered by alluvial deposit on top of mostly chalk. So Bornholm resembles Sweden more than the rest of Denmark. It also lies just south of Sweden.

Cheers

solbjerg

i was looking at the first post .what a nice place.looks peaceful .clean.

i do not know any thing about the country bar it has a wall,temples .and what i now and then see on documentary films..but yes we to live in a nice place ,plenty of space ,clean air,but like every where ,must try to keep it So,and people here do..i do not know how crowded it is were you are,but here only about 16.000 population spread out .with many high mountains,we have very good air.the food is very good,mostly supplied by locals,yes we are very lucky.

itsmejjj

Hi jjj

Calcium carbonate CaCO can come in various forms also lime.

It is often quarried-heated-slaked and then used as whitewash on walls.

I slake it myself and use it for the walls of my stables and barn. Much cheaper than buying it already slaked. Around 20% of the price.

When it is heated a chemical reaction takes place, when water is added for the slaking another chemical reaction takes place and finally when the whitewash dries up on the walls the final chemical reaction takes place and the material is back in the same form as when it was quarried, now just as a thin layer on the walls that protects them from water, the preferred method for mud-plastered/clay-plastered walls.

Cheers

solbjerg

P.s. U+2023 =

Alt+8323 =

top of mostly chalk. ok now i read on this ,as soft whitish material (lime)

is this the same? thy make lime as for plastering walls ? for smoothness and harden plaster

jjj

Archived