IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

update for garybears macrium

sunny staines

update for garybears macrium  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Linux rescue CD boots with Vista and Windows 7 (at least for me it does!).

hi no but MAX uses it and it runs for him not a problem ,on my 7 it will not create the CD,disk itself-but other than this its fine..XP yes,vista yes,? but im going on MaX,i do not use VISTA,bar on 1 pc,that is there for testing,i have at the momenta, 99% win 7 ---1 XP, that is it.

Macrium Reflect uses the authentic Microsoft Win PE 2 for restoring a Backup Image of the Vista Operating System.but a cording to max you need to get that of MS at a cost of $40

so i get around this and use MS .to make a restore booting CD..Macrium Reflect to make a image ,as well ,that sit on my external drive,

The Linux ,yes well i cant get it to run ,bar from the dvd...as you probly have read..

itsmejjj ..

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi jjj

hi no but MAX uses it and it runs for him not a problem ,on my 7 it will not create the CD,disk itself-but other than this its fine..XP yes,vista yes,? but im going on MaX,i do not use VISTA,bar on 1 pc,that is there for testing,i have at the momenta, 99% win 7 ---1 XP, that is it.

Macrium Reflect uses the authentic Microsoft Win PE 2 for restoring a Backup Image of the Vista Operating System.but a cording to max you need to get that of MS at a cost of $40

so i get around this and use MS .to make a restore booting CD..Macrium Reflect to make a image ,as well ,that sit on my external drive,

The Linux ,yes well i cant get it to run ,bar from the dvd...as you probly have read..

itsmejjj ..

Hi jjj. Have you made a liniux rescue disk?? The way I understand it ,is the rescue disk is the same for all operating systems. I could use my CD to boot your PC if I were there. If dan can restore an image with liniux , then you should be able to do it also. Maxx has chosen to use WinPE. Thats the way I understand it. If you have a liniux rescue disk, dan says it will work with Windows 7. Are you saying you can't burn a liniux CD?? I don't understand. Do you have a liniux rescue CD, and can you boot with it???---garybear Alternatively you can burn the Linux CD by installing Reflect on a different PC. The CD is generic so it will be the same.

Gary i have just got Linux to run on my old PC ,so this is a new EXPERIENCE

for me..after a lot of problems and so on its finally installed --

i understand all you are saying..but my Linux is a self system ...nothing on it bar this os -i have yet to learn it---so when there is talk of win7 or Linux

thy are not the same operating system..nor linked...

the different guys have different Os running to what i have and use--my system are mostly 7----i have it installed ,now working to get it fully working

the link supplied by danburrito(thanks you for the link)-is giving me internal error---tell ya ,having a bad week...

itsmejjj

Hi friend!!

itsmejjj,

the Macrium Reflect Linux Rescue CD has only one purpose - booting up your machine to restore an image of your OS or a partition. No more, no less.

Maybe THIS will help to clarify.

Hi friend. I want to thank you for your posts on Macrium. I have no idea what JJJ is saying. You are right on about the Linux Rescue CD. I don't think we are getting through to jjj. Thanks for trying friend. I'm really glad to know it works on other OS's. I have been wondering about that for a long time. Its good to know we have some one that has tried it on our forum and that it works. Thank you friend.---garybear

Hi jjj

Hi jjj. I don't know how to explain this any better. Dan has given you a way to make a linux rescue CD. This is the way I made mine. You have linux OS on your brain and that hasn't got a thing to do with Macrium. Please read all of Dan's post on this thread very carefully.

Hi jjj. I don't know how to explain this any better. Dan has given you a way to make a linux rescue CD. This is the way I made mine. You have linux OS on your brain and that hasn't got a thing to do with Macrium. Please read all of Dan's post on this thread very carefully.

perfection ! yes i have a cd rescue disk!

i repeat i now have a booting disk

you see that is why you are who you are ,patent curtness,understanding,above all ,calm..

ok now what made my penny drop ?when you stated you could use your cd to

restore my image!!

thank you gary

itsmejjj

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2793&stc=1&d=1259271715

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2794&stc=1&d=1259271771

Hi jjj

perfection ! yes i have a cd rescue disk!

i repeat i now have a booting disk

you see that is why you are who you are ,patent curtness,understanding,above all ,calm..

ok now what made my penny drop ?when you stated you could use your cd to

restore my image!!

thank you gary

itsmejjj

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2793&stc=1&d=1259271715

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2794&stc=1&d=1259271771

Hi jjj. You are welcome my friend and we need to thank Dan also. We also need to thank sunny for bringing this all up again. So are you saying you can restore an image with your rescue linux CD??? I hope your answer is yes.

yep i will just did about 5 min back full restored the drives..ta make shure i

i installed some apps .rebooted .with the cd,pointed ta the image file and away it went!

and the apps were gone..and put back the perfect image....i made before..

now we try it with ZX OS see how it will preform, should be no problem at all

itsmejjj

Just having access to the Windows Boot Menu and being able to repair it within the Preinstall Environment using the very latest free upgraded version of the Macrium Reflect Win PE 2 Rescue CD as well as being able to make differential and incremental Image Backups which take advantage of automatic Image Verification not to mention the other 13 additional features makes having the Full Version of Macrium Reflect a must have for my Win Vista computer's System Restoration and Recovery which has now completely replaced the completely undependable and continually malfunctioning System Restore software that it came with from Microsoft.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/MacriumReflectFree-Full.jpg

~Maxx~

I installed a program last night that I had made scores of changes to accommodate and as it turned out it caused my computer to freeze up 3 times so I decided to use my recently updated Macruim Reflect Win PE 2.1 Build 200 Rescue CD to re-image my hard drive and as Reflect was doing yet another flawless Image Restore I managed to get a picture of its GIU while in the Preinstall Environment...

~Maxx~

Ex-Okie (Tulsa)

Hi all,

I have consistently backed up my system using Macrium, ever since the Rev. Gary started preaching hell fire and brimstone for those that didn't. In all seriousness Gary has provided a great service to forum members and his diligence in keeping us updated is greatly appreciated.

A.T.

Using garybear's Macrium Reflect has allowed me to try things that I always wanted to, but couldn't do responsibly for fear of losing all the hard work that I had put into setting up my computer due to infection or sudden crash in that Windows System Recovery failed the last 4 times that I tried to use it.

The very first thing I did after I was forced to do my first Macrium Image Restore which was just a short 3 weeks after I initially took garybear's advise and backed up my hard drive was to finally do a full on test of my new Virtualized Browser by uninstalling the Antivirus which had been reaching into the Virtual space where the Browser runs and requesting to bring Malware into the computer to quarantine it which I saw no reason for since it would be deleted by being written over 7 times when the Virtual space was closed. Thanks to the safety net that garybear's Macrium Reflect provides I've been running my Browser Sandboxed without an Antivirus for 2 months with no infections or detections of a single piece of Malware not even so much as a tracking cookie!

Thank you garybear for showing me the Macruim way which has given me the freedom to confidently try new and improved computer security software knowing that I have a highly competent Image Restoration program as a backup!

~Maxx~

Archived