IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Pro Update

Cyberchief

Rverytime I run the update manually I receive the message that the program is current. I click on View History and nothing is listed. No Database Version is listed on the main home screen. I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 8 GB Ram, Intel Dual Core 3.20 GHz. I know that this is unimportant because no resolution is ever received here. The post are deleted or snipped by the Moderators. How can you be secure with no updates? :-x

Hi Cyberchief

Please divulge the version you are running :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Rverytime I run the update manually I receive the message that the program is current. I click on View History and nothing is listed. No Database Version is listed on the main home screen. I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 8 GB Ram, Intel Dual Core 3.20 GHz. I know that this is unimportant because no resolution is ever received here. The post are deleted or snipped by the Moderators. How can you be secure with no updates? :-x

If you had actually read the post the update was for the database or definition file or what ever it's called. It hasn't updated for the past few days. I guess the rumor about the definition file was correct, the file must have accidentally found it's way to IObit servers. Never mind, I'll just uninstall the program since it doesn't update the definition file what good is it?

Hi Cyberchief,

The definition database file of ASC is nothing to do with the rumor and nothing to do with database of IS360.

You are mixing two things to each other.

The database date of ASC 3.41 is November 26.

The database of ASC does not change as frequently as database of IS360.

Here is the link to download the database file Def.dbd. http://download.iobit.com/awc3/Def.dbd

It is 424 KB and not different than the one suplied with the setup file of ASC 3.41

Cheers.

Ok Cyberchief

What I tried to tell you was that ASC is not an anti-malware program,

it is a clean-up program for the computer.

(did a bad job there apparently :-) )

This is why it doesn't update every day

If you wanted an anti-malware program from IObit you could have downloaded IObit Security 360

Cheers

solbjerg

If you had actually read the post the update was for the database or definition file or what ever it's called. It hasn't updated for the past few days. I guess the rumor about the definition file was correct, the file must have accidentally found it's way to IObit servers. Never mind, I'll just uninstall the program since it doesn't update the definition file what good is it?

I was under the impression on the Overview screen the second entry says Database Date. This is the entry that is blank when you go to the update screen and click on view history there are no entries. I also use IObit Security 360 Pro. I know what the programs are suppose to do, if there is no database to update what is the listing for? I found a way to fix the problem, " Don't ever ask anything here." I explained in the original post what I thought was the problem. Par for the course I got the pat answer no help at all. What is the point? :!: There is no reason to reply to this post because I already figured out how to resolve the issue myself, it's called uninstall. Thanks for nothing and have a great day. :-P

Ok Cyberchief

Goodbye

solbjerg

I was under the impression on the Overview screen the second entry says Database Date. This is the entry that is blank when you go to the update screen and click on view history there are no entries. I also use IObit Security 360 Pro. I know what the programs are suppose to do, if there is no database to update what is the listing for? I found a way to fix the problem, " Don't ever ask anything here." I explained in the original post what I thought was the problem. Par for the course I got the pat answer no help at all. What is the point? :!: There is no reason to reply to this post because I already figured out how to resolve the issue myself, it's called uninstall. Thanks for nothing and have a great day. :-P

Hi titou56, hi wozofoz,

The answer to this is very simple. It was a joke. It had to be a number, an ordinary, smallish number, and I chose that one. Binary representations, base thirteen, Tibetan Monks are all complete nonsense. I sat at my desk, stared into the garden and thought '42 will do.' I typed it out. End of story

"I see" said the blindman.:-P

Cheers.

Archived