IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

TuneUp Utilities 2010

MagicHunter

Just ok

I tried an earlier version and it was ok but I was not all that impressed.

I guess one of the things that put me off it was the Internet tune-up which is very important to me, all it seemed to do (or so it told me) was change the 'max-requests' and 'max-requests per server' in FireFox.

I had already tweaked these after much searching of the Mozilla forum and TuneUp Utilities set them at a lower level, making it slower :-(

The rest of the features were ok but I found my NetBook was actually performing slower after I used it.

The answer was then obvious, I had been spoiled by Advanced SystemCare.

No, I am not pushing the home product just for the sake of pushing it, this is exactly what I found but of course your mileage may vary (as they say)

It was after comparing these two products that I purchased ASC Pro, the one and only software I have ever purchased, and I am still happy with that decision :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Very good software, using it on my notebook with ASC3 Pro on Windows 7 x64.

I disabled the defrag in Tune Up Utilities 2010 and in ASC3 Pro and for defrag im using Diskeeper 2010 Pro Premier. My notebook works very fast. I love the built in customization features in Tune Up Utilities 2010, u can download loading screens for Windows for free from tuneup.com and icon packages too. U can change it with 1 click.

I'm using the Turbo mode with GameBooster and very-very effective. I can play games on my notebook, like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike Source. I really recommend these softwares.

Used 2008 Version

Actually still do for my daughter's PC (XP SP2)-but just for the "themes" package because she likes to change "the way it looks" frequently (girls :lol:).Also tried the 2009,but it was history in one day-actually did a poorer job of internet optimization than the previous-ASC still has the edge in this area,and overall IMHO Still,it's worth a look as it never "wrecked" anything for me.Magic-the 2009 version can usually be found for free-if interested,PM me,and I'll track down a link for you.

Thank you guys for more information again! :-P

I also want to try the Turbo, which is new in 2010. I never really know how to tune up internet speed etc... it always make it slower for some reason haha

and hey detailer, Can the 2010 one be found for free as well? :)

haha (girls) XD

Cheers.

Hi there,

I used to use Tuneup Utilities 2007 in the year 2006, and that version was full trial version, and was only making you wait before start of the program for about 2 minutes or so after the trial period was over.

I don't know if it is the same in version 2010.

BTW, I have tried 2010 and the suggestions for the optimization for connection is not ideal optimization. Well, you have to take my word for it here. Ha ha ha.

For example, the suggestions of RWIN and TTL are not optimal for my connection.8)

If anybody is interested, I can explain. :mrgreen: You have to refresh your memories for the post communication between me and CrazyTim though. :lol:

Cheers.

Archived