IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

sfc says my cd is wrong one

dusti09

Hi,

I just ran sfc and it says "files that are required for windows to run properly need to be copied to the DLL cache". So I put my xp pro sp2 cd (student media / work at home media - Microsoft Licensing) in my cd-rom and it tells me, "the cd you provided is the wrong cd. Please insert the Windows xp pro cd..." WTF?! Why / how can it say this when it is the same one I used to install / reinstall (many times, same pc)? This worries me as my pc has been running like crap for like a month now. I ready to kick it. Then fly it off my roof. Uuuuuggghhhhh!:roll::evil::cry: Now sfc telling me windows needs to be fixed and it won't let me.

Hi dusti

SFC does that if you have updated to SP2 or SP3.

There is an explanation and a couple of links in this thread that explains the procedure of updating that.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

I just ran sfc and it says "files that are required for windows to run properly need to be copied to the DLL cache". So I put my xp pro sp2 cd (student media / work at home media - Microsoft Licensing) in my cd-rom and it tells me, "the cd you provided is the wrong cd. Please insert the Windows xp pro cd..." WTF?! Why / how can it say this when it is the same one I used to install / reinstall (many times, same pc)? This worries me as my pc has been running like crap for like a month now. I ready to kick it. Then fly it off my roof. Uuuuuggghhhhh!:roll::evil::cry: Now sfc telling me windows needs to be fixed and it won't let me.

Archived