IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

test your system...????

itsmejjj

while i am asking all this .i think i am running my filter program ,proxomitron from the sand box environment!

now that is something..if it really is ..as now nothing from what i think i understand

is going to my drive?

bar inside this environment..that corrigenda..

so realty we got a hidden drive ? or part space?called sand box ..drive..closed to all the other drives..yet i can see them..but not the sand box ,drive..

so do one run every app from there ? or just the browser ,is all that is needed.

for safe environment..as i understand your posting that is all one needs to do

just use the browser ..no need ta run apps from it is that right..

itsmejjj

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jjj- Sandboxie runs programs in a virtual space on your hard drive and they can only pass the data that you specifically allow to the computer all other temp files and such stay in the sandbox and when the sandbox is deleted all data within the sandbox is deleted and all programs are terminated. There are more secure methods of deletion like the 7 pass wipe that I mentioned, but we can get to that later.

I use Sandboxie primarily as an ultra high security environment to run my Browsers in, but you are really going to enjoy being able to run almost any program you like in this virtual environment even the most questionable or instable ones without risking harm to your computer.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/SandboxieGraphic2.png

You can look at the Sandbox as a place where you can run almost any program or Browser from in a Virtual space on the hard drive in its own separate location which you have complete control over what data is allowed to be transfered to the computer such as downloads from the browser in which case you must set up authorized file paths to the folders that you want to download the information to on the computer. If you go to to the Sandboxie Help Topics you can find out all you need to know about how to set up Sandboxie for what I am sure will be the unique way you want to use it.

Knowing how you like to experiment way out on the bleeding edge of computer technology and at the same time demand the very highest level of computer security that it can offer I think that you are going to really like the virtually limitless possibilities that Sandboxie affords to someone with an inventive and curious mind like you have.

~Maxx~

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/342Changelog-1.jpg

This will be good news for jjj if he does not already have v 3.42 installed.

~Maxx~

virtual environment even the most questionable or installable ones without risking harm to your computer.ya right about that now this is gonna save redoing the system,(testing) as many of the program are roguish,plus some plane destructive..yes i already have the version,ok just ta clear this up

1 useing the boxses,by the way i have the help running,till i can understand it fully

ok i notice running a application,ya left click ,hit start ,with sand box

ok now installing?

i amuse the same..?

now ta run i automatic say browser 1 bird.with out the left click ?

as my pc boots

respond, i need ta know is i use a few ,that are very unstable ,non trusting,apps

at the moment ,i want them ta start as it boots..you know what i am asking.

as i reboot i have ta left click them..

so how ta set them -or a app ta start with sand box -as i boot.

i need ta set 5 apps like so.without my interference...or clicking.

as if i was runing from the drive with out sand box..

thanks

itsmejjj

ok pleas tell me what is tha pro pa way on shot 2

1 i think is right--ok so i need proxco on all the time ,and not terminate..

as if i close my browser.it needs to stay alive..

thanks..

For 64bit (32bit as well) systems Shadow Defender does the same thing as Sandboxie.

thank you for the link but i say with this for now .so i do not get mixed up ..(SANDBOX)

and its already registered!

this for me is now deadly serious stuff ! i need ta know its 100% safe.

as its different..i want this ta be safer than i already used..

i intend ta keep the settings non stop ..but in a space environment.un-ending.

yet away from my drives..

itsmejjj

For 64bit (32bit as well) systems Shadow Defender does the same thing as Sandboxie.

I have both Shadow Defender and Sandboxie and while they basically do the same job of virtulization I find Sandboxie much more convenient because it doesn't lock down the entire computer to changes and thus requiring a reboot of the computer to change anything that has not already been authorized by the user as Shadow Defender does.

One benefit to using Shadow Defender is that every time you start the computer it is as fresh and clean as it was before with no need for any cleanup.

~Maxx~

thank you for the link but i say with this for now .so i do not get mixed up ..(SANDBOX)

and its already registered!

Sandboxie does not run on 64 bit systems, period - only exception is to run it in a WinXP virtual environment.

If your system can run it, good for you - stick with it if you're just starting to use it as a new user.

jjj- For your CometBird Browser you might want to set it to force start in Sandboxie. If you want Proximotron.exe to always run and not be effected by other programs you could force start it in its own Sandbox independant of other programs. You may even set it so that its Sandbox is never deleted if you like.

~Maxx~

jjj- For your CometBird Browser you might want to set it to force start in Sandboxie. If you want Proximotron.exe to always run and not be effected by other programs you could force start it in its own Sandbox independant of other programs. You may even set it so that its Sandbox is never deleted if you like.

~Maxx~

thank you for that

ok i have this in place

now when i say never dilite,i mean the box,ok i it clears the box.when rebooted?

or do i need ta do this as in.interferer?

do thy start at

next boot? ,as i made them start (set)

sorry i know this is simple stuff but i need ta know .as this must run..Proximotron.exe CometBird Browser its my filter,proxy.or i do not link.

every boot thy kick in..

thanks for your understanding...i asked,your kindly answer me,.my asking and .help

its not easy for me .ta get it right..but this to me is the most inportant ,thing

i rather be without the sandbox iffa it will not start with the 2..

now the browser .will this clear all its history and so on .in the environment?

or this is all done by the sand box when rebooted..

and a new session starts in the same named box?

i understand that there can be as many name boxes one want to have

so to monkey about..but this is the no1 one set..and leave it as so...

ta start every time.

i love the idea terminate a app in the environment!yet it still is running!!

ver nice indeed..

jjj- Assuming that CometBird and Proximatron are already on your computer's start menu then in Sandboxie Control go to the Sandbox heading> Click on whichever sandbox you want to start them in> Sandbox Settings> Program Start> Forced Programs and add these programs that you want to be immediately sandboxed when the computer starts.

Although all of data that your browser would ordinarily send to the computer like Temp files will be deleted with the sandbox there is some information created which must be deleted within the browser.

~Maxx~

beautiful,thanks yes got it running ,starts as ya say..ok got the hang of this..

now we start ta MONKEY about as normal ..i made 3 more environments..and have a few real nasty app i want to get into...and see what hapens ,back it up with malcome! and we are ready!

itsmejjj

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/1aaa-1.gif

No one MONKEY's about as well as you do!

~Maxx~

for sure ,thats why any thing some one points at i run it..but let me tell ya its not for every one .Why...

ya can end up remodeling!

Hi jjj

Hi jjj. I did your test. Looks like AVG done alright ,but what about our IObit 360. That doesn't look good. Think I should buy their program??? (not):-D:-D PS I don't use Internet Explorer, so how did it come up with that?? I think I smell a rat and a con game. It was fun to try friend but not much faith in the test.----garybear

but what about our IObit 360. That doesn't look good

yes sure i use it ,but if you look at the tread i posted it picked up 2 ..

now it is a rogue type tester as in .it was made to sell there app.

that i care less about .the results you got are very good,bar the last one..

now its harmless.as you saw.like i said .its a fun type try it.to see if your or my protection is working well.it has a different way of testing..not let me assure you or any one its ok ..you never get it to show you 100% successes

that's the con..but if you or i achieve all green .count that as successful...

now as fore IOBITT sure its a program i personally run .and for me ,yes!

as for any one that wants to use it .like i always state.do try it.and see

then if one finds it usefull keep it...

now as for malcium max asked about .not sure how long it took .i generally walk away .and on a other system .when i see it done .reboot .and its all done..and the Linux boot disk is a success in that it works !

that was ALL and is .that i care about..now when the system breaks..

in with the disk .boot and it fix the image .only one has ta do point to it .then hit go..

i think i should add this comment -IOBIT is not a virus protector ,therefore i do not expect any thing from it in this form.but i personally love it.

and care less about who do not want it..

i say to you or any reader ,use it please. try it .if you think or are sure it is helping .why not use it...it has it way of doing things ..and seems very good..

is it all i use .in that line of protection?

no i would lie if i stated this..use a few

as foe mbam crowd i was very interested as every one post how supanaly good it was ,but after the debar'call .its in the reciprocal bin--and gone..

i made this dissension after wards,i was think registration . but that's my opinion .only .not to say to any one do not use it...for me thy are dead!

itsmejjj

HiMaxx

http://usera.ImageCave.com/MaxxPix/Macrium%20Reflect%20Logo.jpg

jjj- With Macrium Reflect it must take you what, about 10 minutes to remodel if need be?

~Maxx~

Hi friend. It takes me 9 minutes . I don't think Macrium gets along with Microsoft Security Essentials . I have went back to my old faithful AVG. It did alright in JJJ's test. As long as my Macrium is working, I don't worry very much. I tried to create an image with the new MSE running, as there isn't a way to turn it off. Macrium wouldn't work until I went into safe mode, so I ditched MSE. AVG gets along with Macrium. I may try sandboxie some day.--gary

Hi friend. It takes me 9 minutes . I don't think Macrium gets along with Microsoft Security Essentials . I have went back to my old faithful AVG. It did alright in JJJ's test. As long as my Macrium is working, I don't worry very much. I tried to create an image with the new MSE running, as there isn't a way to turn it off. Macrium wouldn't work until I went into safe mode, so I ditched MSE. AVG gets along with Macrium. I may try sandboxie some day.--gary

ok thanks for this i check that out ..

now who is testing uh .ohhh hoow...ya taking a small leaf of this old fella?

well done Gary ,stick around me close ,and ya may try some ,more ya think...

itsmejjj

Hi jjj

ok thanks for this i check that out ..

now who is testing uh .ohhh hoow...ya taking a small leaf of this old fella?

well done Gary ,stick around me close ,and ya may try some ,more ya think...

itsmejjj

I will try what ever you say my friend as long as you don't go beyond my small brain power. This old fella is 71 years and when I learn one thing I forget two.:-D:-D

Macrium wouldn't work until I went into safe mode, so I ditched MSE. AVG gets along with Macrium. I may try sandboxie some day.--gary

If you do decide to try Sandboxie its going to leave your old buddy AVG with nothing left to do but scan for Malware with no positive results because Sandboxie had already deleted all of the Malware in the virtual space that your Browser runs in! Should that day come I would be glad to help you with setting up your Browser of choice in Sandboxie and even show you how to install a free shredder which will overwrite all data and code that is to be deleted from the Sandboxie virtual space with up to and including 35 passes with the Gutman Algorithm or as many passes of pseudorandom data as you like. For you to be running a hyper shredding Virtualized Browser at 71 would be a clear statement about the true nature of the bear behind the keyboard!

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/Sandboxie_icon.png

~Maxx~

If you do decide to try Sandboxie its going to leave your old buddy AVG with nothing left to do but scan for Malware with no positive results because Sandboxie had already deleted all of the Malware in the virtual space that your Browser runs in! Should that day come I would be glad to help you with setting up your Browser of choice in Sandboxie and even show you how to install a free shredder which will overwrite all data and code that is to be deleted from the Sandboxie virtual space with up to and including 35 passes with the Gutman Algorithm or as many passes of pseudorandom data as you like. For you to be running a hyper shredding Virtualized Browser at 71 would be a clear statement about the true nature of the bear behind the keyboard!

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/Sandboxie_icon.png

~Maxx~

I only have one reason I don't try sandboxie but its a good

one. I share this PC with my wife and she doesn't like change. It might not go over well with her. Thanks for your offer my friend.,maybe some day:-D--gary

Hi garybear,

If you like you can stop running MSE.

First disable the real-time defence in Settings, and then disable the start of MSE from Start Manager in Utilities of Admin Tools tab of ASC.

You can then use Macrium Reflect, without interference of MSE.

Cheers.

Archived