IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Is this false positive?

IObit Security 360

Versione:1.3.0.10

Versione database:1288

Tempo trascorso:00:15:24

Oggetti analizzati:51660

Minacce rilevate:1

| Nome | Tipo |Descrizione|ID|

Adware.SRNG, File, C:\Programmi\File comuni\SureThing Shared\mvmcc.dll, 11-4788

Possible Nasty!

xpaspi.dll is a xpaspi belonging to SureThing CD Labeler from MicroVision Development, this is not what you have.

It appears you have possibly aquired a google redirect infection.

Curious about your anti-virus, anti malware/spyware protection.

Please describe your system configuration.

Thanks, Mel

Is this false positive

Ok, Im a bit new to this so please bear with me. BDts is picking up the following infection on my system: Gen:Adware.Heur.tq9Nab6Ewmi. The path to this object is: <System>=>C:Windowssystem32urgerard.dll 1816 memory dump. I suspect this may be a false positive. How do I get help?

Thanx in advance

Flawed

p.s. looks more like professional spamming - next time you will be banned

xpaspi.dll is a xpaspi belonging to SureThing CD Labeler from MicroVision Development, this is not what you have.

It appears you have possibly aquired a google redirect infection.

Curious about your anti-virus, anti malware/spyware protection.

Please describe your system configuration.

Thanks, Mel

Hey Mel,

I came up with the same hit on a full scan. i.e.

IObit Security 360

Version:1.3.0.10

Define Version:1289

Time Elapsed:00:00:01

Objects Scanned:1

Threats Found:1

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Adware.SRNG, File, C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\mvmcc.dll, 11-4788

I didn't quarantine or delete the MVMCC.DLL file and ran Security 360 against the single file in it's directory (from the right-click context menu) to get the above report.

My personal feelings is that it is a false positive. The file has been on my system since September 2004, and long enough that it was compressed by Windows a long time ago... as well as the other files in the same directory. I believe the file is part of Record Now Plus that came with this Dell computer for making CD's and DVD's, and this part of it is a CD label maker portion of that program. I'm not 100% on that, but that's a pretty good guess.

Since you had an interest, I'm running Avast AV as well as IObit Security 360 Pro. I have Malwarebytes, but I don't usually have it running. I sometimes start it manually to run a scan if I get suspicious.

I am interested in anyone's thoughts on this and can submit the file if you want.

Thx,

Tim

You're right crazytim.

Spywarenet says this was originally a component of a yahoo player:

mvmcc.dll - Process Information

This component is part of Yahoo! Music Jukebox

Component Name: mvmcc.dll

Description of : Yahoo! Music Jukebox, from Yahoo!, is a multi-media application that serves as an mp3 player and doubles as an audio management application capable of ripping CDs, and a performing a host of other functions.

Recommendation for :

NA

Trusted: Yes

Trojan: No

Chronic: No

Adware: No

Carrier: No

Browser Hijacker: No

Dialer: No

Commercial Keylogger: No

Remote Administration Tool: No

Suspected: No