IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Urgent Issue (Avast False Positive) [SOLVED]

Krissy

Currently we receive a lot of complaints regarding a false detection by Avast. As a result of this detection our softwares are flagged as Win32: Delf-MZG and it may have an immediate impact on the reputation of our brand and our good name.

We have contacted them via e-mail, and now we can’t access their forum. The same issue has occurred here: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=204697. This is top urgent because not only our products have been false detected by Avast, but also some other files and softwares, including Eset’s.

We hope all our users know that this is really a false positive, let’s wait until Avast solve this issue ASAP.

Thanks for your understanding!

Suggestion for restoring file:

Here is a step-by-step guide on how to restore the files from the Virus Chest: http://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=376

Files recovery from Avast virus chest.

Thank you wozofoz, great job.

Here is the quote taken from the link wozofoz provided by Vlk Global Moderator avast! Evangelist to restore the files.

Here is a step-by-step guide on how to restore the files from the Virus Chest: http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=376

Cheers.

One thing to note is if the "restore" from the chest does not work, read how to "extract" the files to the original file path.

Also, be sure to check if there are any system files in the chest.There are several people who were not even able to boot pc because the false positive was also taking out system files!

I was lucky. It did take out a winsock file, one file each from ASC,IS 360, Smart Defrag, & one other program. But I had something else strange happen. Avast "encountered a problem" & had to close. After that it was locked up, even after re-boot. I could not update or restore the files.Windows security center showed that my anti-virus was turned off. PC was sluggish. I finally just un-installed Avast, repaired the winsock, & was able to re-install Iobit programs. I found that "over the top" install replaced missing files & everything was OK.

I decided to give Microsoft Security Essentials a shot after that fiasco. It is looking good so far. Simple & light on resources. Update with Windows update us a bit of a pain. Just hope the protection is good.

samr.

Update pain

Update with Windows update us a bit of a pain. Just hope the protection is good.

samr.

When you say a bit of a pain is this because you usually have Windows Update turned Off and update manually but now need to have Windows Update set to Automatic to get the latest updates for MSE ?

If yes, AddictiveTips has created the MSE Update Utility to get around this pain See This Post for details :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi wozofoz,

That's exactly what I meant. I usually have updates set to notify only. Thought I should set to automatic with MSE.

I must have missed the post in the link, thanks! I may give the updater a shot. But I think I'll mun MSE by itself a few days to see how we get along.

samr.

Avast problem aftermath

After the "Avast, false positives event", my "Advance SystemCare Pro 3"

became inadvertently corrupted by the "Avast problem". Advance Care being

the popular ( virus/Spyware/Registry ~ Optimizer Tool ).

The result: I was unable to access either of my programs: (CrapCleaner nor

Advance Care), without receiving a Pop-up:

--- "Application failed to initialize properly..." ---

Then upon going to download link, provided by IObit, I'd receive the typical

option to either [save] or [Run] the program, but another Pop-up informed

that the file path "already exists - do I want to replace it?", etc.

How is this the case when all had been DELETED and wiped from Program Files

to facilitate a clean (re-install) of the program??

Plus I used the direct link provided by the host site to obtain a new download, ( necessary when a re-capture is needed & original purchase is verified by the Lic. Key ). Yet `upon hitting this link, it did not ask for a

LIC. Key, nor was there an auto-replacement of the rest of the Package I purchased, ...the IObit "Security 360", as an Add-On.

Has anyone else been down this path?

Hi spkrfiend

If you try to seach for the topic, you will find several about the same issue.

In the meantime please read:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11513#post11513

to understand what happened when you did what you called a Clean Install :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

After the "Avast, false positives event", my "Advance SystemCare Pro 3"

became inadvertently corrupted by the "Avast problem". Advance Care being

the popular ( virus/Spyware/Registry ~ Optimizer Tool ).

The result: I was unable to access either of my programs: (CrapCleaner nor

Advance Care), without receiving a Pop-up:

--- "Application failed to initialize properly..." ---

Then upon going to download link, provided by IObit, I'd receive the typical

option to either [save] or [Run] the program, but another Pop-up informed

that the file path "already exists - do I want to replace it?", etc.

How is this the case when all had been DELETED and wiped from Program Files

to facilitate a clean (re-install) of the program??

Plus I used the direct link provided by the host site to obtain a new download, ( necessary when a re-capture is needed & original purchase is verified by the Lic. Key ). Yet `upon hitting this link, it did not ask for a

LIC. Key, nor was there an auto-replacement of the rest of the Package I purchased, ...the IObit "Security 360", as an Add-On.

Has anyone else been down this path?

Archived