IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

My beloved birds.

itsmejjj

feeding my birds.cleaning the loft.......

today was a beautiful day ,sunny,warm,so i took myself a half a day in relaxing,after cleaning my lofts,sat down.lit up a fag sat back looking at my birds,fly about lazying having a good time,the sky was clear of clouds.and i could see as fare as my old eye allowed,i noticed a sudden tight grouping and speeding up ,thy started ta bust into sort fast turns,and thy dashed

about circling up wards,i knew what was happening,falcons!

now for the ones who do not know about them ,thy are the fastest bird in the air,

thy at a dive reach 240MPH ! nothing can out dive them...?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------This is most obvious while they are hunting, or "stooping." Once a peregrine targets its prey, it will stoop (or swoop) at speeds reaching 230+ mph. Often, the peregrine strikes the flying prey from above, angling itself to dive from the direction of the kill, This increases the falcon's ability to see the prey, pick its target and strike

discrepancy as to the position of the falcon's talons during the strike. Some sources argue that the talons are extended, and the falcon rips at the prey during the initial attack. Other sources claim that the talons are closed, creating a fist-like punch to knock the prey out of the sky. the first blow will send the prey to the ground,if hit! where the peregrine will confirm the kill MOST occasions, peregrine be " stooping" prey and circling back to catch the prey before it even hits the ground—that's fast! While peregrines stoop at round about , 200 mph, they can maintain a speed of 60 mph during level flight.

the pray my birds,

as i was saying, thy now hit the altitude near the slips streams i could just make them out. the flock now flat chat .hinting speeds round 60+mph -then ,suddenly diving.earthing, near 120+ mph a hour- increasing as thy went to earth .picking up speed.looking like a large out of coring jet.then i saw the falcon turn ,

in its dive.

2 to 1 and closing. my lot had a good start! .now depending who you supported ,its a sight to see

terrifying for my point of view,trilling from the falcons point of view..

any how ,speed,was something.the flock made it! back in time.than swooping

landed all in one hit .the falcon ,swooping upwards.braking the dive as he had to or get killed....i could hear the sound of wosch! like a kite sound .very lowed as he pasted over me..60 feet or so...

by now my flock were in the loft..the fastest entry i have seen in a long time..

then as i saw him climbing upwards.i saw 4 of my birds.above him.round and around then flying towards the falcon.staying just above,it looked grim for one of them as the falcon spun in looping long slow cereals driving them up.

as this went on ruffly a hour..then he left --but the birds followed!

why ? to stop the falcon from diving.... so long as thy stayed close.

thy be fine.as there tipped,the speeds, being the same 60mph on average....and i lost sight of them..

gee i was thinking.there gone ,when looking up,3 dived in .closed wings.hinting a speed i never seen before-i was a fruitfuller thing to behold..thy looked like small jet planes.well at least 3 out of the 4 was good...as thy entered the loft.i sat down.a little shaky.it was something...

i lit up a smoke looking up,. saw the hen.she was diving for her life.a pure white pidgion

hot on her trial the falcon...and in for the kill!

ya should of heard me yelling come on girl ! my wife heard me and came out running ,whats wrong,i pointed ,up.still yelling go .come in . go.! she had a build of speed, i was fearful she would kill herself diving in..then about 100 foot or so .she did a loop,now the falcon was suprized as he now had to do the same being 10 feet be hide her...

or get killed himself.my bird ended beside,the falcon about 5 feet apart.. then diving left,

...the falcon went into a spin but missed her.then flew up and away..from her.to try a last attempt,and just floating open winged drifted away..

my bird .made it in to the loft.

now i wanted to share with you this day ,of life and death...next time ,if you have someone with the hobby of pidgions ,and flying about ,sit down .have a coffy ,and watch the fly about..ya never know...

yes it was something ta see.

itsmejjj

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi jjj

What a wonderful story. Extremely well done!!!!

I am very impressed!!

I'll attach a zipped sound file, - let's see if you can tell what bird it is :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

feeding my birds.cleaning the loft.......

today was a beautiful day ,sunny,warm,so i took myself a half a day in relaxing,after cleaning my lofts,sat down.lit up a fag sat back looking at my birds,fly about lazying having a good time,the sky was clear of clouds.and i could see as fare as my old eye allowed,i noticed a sudden tight grouping and speeding up ,thy started ta bust into sort fast turns,and thy dashed

about circling up wards,i knew what was happening,falcons!

now for the ones who do not know about them ,thy are the fastest bird in the air,

thy at a dive reach 240MPH ! nothing can out dive them...?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------This is most obvious while they are hunting, or "stooping." Once a peregrine targets its prey, it will stoop (or swoop) at speeds reaching 230+ mph. Often, the peregrine strikes the flying prey from above, angling itself to dive from the direction of the kill, This increases the falcon's ability to see the prey, pick its target and strike

discrepancy as to the position of the falcon's talons during the strike. Some sources argue that the talons are extended, and the falcon rips at the prey during the initial attack. Other sources claim that the talons are closed, creating a fist-like punch to knock the prey out of the sky. the first blow will send the prey to the ground,if hit! where the peregrine will confirm the kill MOST occasions, peregrine be " stooping" prey and circling back to catch the prey before it even hits the ground—that's fast! While peregrines stoop at round about , 200 mph, they can maintain a speed of 60 mph during level flight.

the pray my birds,

as i was saying, thy now hit the altitude near the slips streams i could just make them out. the flock now flat chat .hinting speeds round 60+mph -then ,suddenly diving.earthing, near 120+ mph a hour- increasing as thy went to earth .picking up speed.looking like a large out of coring jet.then i saw the falcon turn ,

in its dive.

2 to 1 and closing. my lot had a good start! .now depending who you supported ,its a sight to see

terrifying for my point of view,trilling from the falcons point of view..

any how ,speed,was something.the flock made it! back in time.than swooping

landed all in one hit .the falcon ,swooping upwards.braking the dive as he had to or get killed....i could hear the sound of wosch! like a kite sound .very lowed as he pasted over me..60 feet or so...

by now my flock were in the loft..the fastest entry i have seen in a long time..

then as i saw him climbing upwards.i saw 4 of my birds.above him.round and around then flying towards the falcon.staying just above,it looked grim for one of them as the falcon spun in looping long slow cereals driving them up.

as this went on ruffly a hour..then he left --but the birds followed!

why ? to stop the falcon from diving.... so long as thy stayed close.

thy be fine.as there tipped,the speeds, being the same 60mph on average....and i lost sight of them..

gee i was thinking.there gone ,when looking up,3 dived in .closed wings.hinting a speed i never seen before-i was a fruitfuller thing to behold..thy looked like small jet planes.well at least 3 out of the 4 was good...as thy entered the loft.i sat down.a little shaky.it was something...

i lit up a smoke looking up,. saw the hen.she was diving for her life.a pure white pidgion

hot on her trial the falcon...and in for the kill!

ya should of heard me yelling come on girl ! my wife heard me and came out running ,whats wrong,i pointed ,up.still yelling go .come in . go.! she had a build of speed, i was fearful she would kill herself diving in..then about 100 foot or so .she did a loop,now the falcon was suprized as he now had to do the same being 10 feet be hide her...

or get killed himself.my bird ended beside,the falcon about 5 feet apart.. then diving left,

...the falcon went into a spin but missed her.then flew up and away..from her.to try a last attempt,and just floating open winged drifted away..

my bird .made it in to the loft.

now i wanted to share with you this day ,of life and death...next time ,if you have someone with the hobby of pidgions ,and flying about ,sit down .have a coffy ,and watch the fly about..ya never know...

yes it was something ta see.

itsmejjj

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spurvehøg.zip

where is the pictures?

http://extremescience.com/fastinworld.htm

have a look here --to see the speed recorded.

remember its a dive,

i have lost some to them .but in most cases 9 /10 thy miss..1 /10 thy succeed

i have watched the take of my birds 50 foot of the ground..but most times my birds were very young! and not clever ..a well trained ,flock is not that easy ta hit..the most daggers time for the flock.. when thy are breeding ,thy hunt in pairs .the male being smaller has better successes, of a kill the female is larger

and the speed not as good as the male..but my birds are not slow ether

in a dive ,thy have similar shape in wing and body .when thy close there wings

(my breeding is a very old strain know ans Hansen..and jiorions..

go back pre war..most are blacks ,fast ,racing birds..i have also what is know as grizzles ,long distance,birds ,900 mile racers...)

are like torpedoes,and pick up speed, level ,a falcon can not get near them.

as my birds have bursts of 70+mph ..

in one race i averaged 69mph over 200 mile..race ,when clocked..

but yes check out the geo clip..

itsmejjj

Hi jjj

Yes precisely - a sparrowhawk - sometimes called a stone falcon - or a spar hawk or a spur hawk.

There will usually be some background noise though :-)

I made a bird file around 10 years ago with about 125 birds - pictures - descriptions (in Danish) - and the sound for most of them.

It was fun and interesting.

Cheers

solbjerg

sounding like a sparra hawk? not shure but heard tha cow!

itsmejjj

ok here are a few shots of the killers as i call them and my top fella

over my life time i enjoyed what a lot of people call a nuisance.

but my hobby is a good hobby.if ya keep them clean ,and healthy and do not over crowed .every day thy must be cleaned ,the loft or housing ,kept scrofulous clean...when approaching the loft ,no offending smell must be noted..

and fully controlled ..

i keep round 150 mark .over the year lose perhaps 10 or so..

now and then i have had what is known as a fly away .when young birds are hunted and driven to the point of no return..this has happened 3 times

the flock bolts .in different directions,and one time .i lost 85% never ta see them again.. but the last 8 years have been very good.

i do not race them nowadays ,but still keep them.and thy are loose every day ..4 hours or so and called back in..

if weather permits it..my last race was 2001.. i now gift them rather than sell them ..

i do hope this is not boring..its my love..and i wanted to share somting not many do as a hobby..

itsmejjj

Thanks JJJ

Wonderful pics!

Sol, you still have file from 10 years ago??? With pics?

Interesting that senior members here have similar interests!

It really is a wonderful, magical, world we live in!!!! I hope we don't destroy it.

I have hope that connectivity and communication will ease/alieve tensions between people/cultures/nations... we really are all the same! The genetic difference between us all is MINISCULE! We all have the same needs and mostly the same wants (Excluding the greedy).

I find with my new friends here on this forum (scattered aroud the globe) this unity. It is a unique forum in this way!

Aye Solbjerg you were lucky to find it and join... as I am as well!!

Peace and prosperity to all!

Hi Mel

Yes I still have it, with pictures and sounds - but description in Danish.

(19 MB zipped)

But I also have it as a Power Point Show . pps (4.04 MB) (Latin names for the birds in the descriptions)

I also started a file with flowers, herbs and plants but it became too big a mouthful for me so I gave it up.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. is alieve used often instead of alleviate? If so I will add it in my dictionary

Wonderful pics!

Sol, you still have file from 10 years ago??? With pics?

Interesting that senior members here have similar interests!

It really is a wonderful, magical, world we live in!!!! I hope we don't destroy it.

I have hope that connectivity and communication will ease/alieve tensions between people/cultures/nations... we really are all the same! The genetic difference between us all is MINISCULE! We all have the same needs and mostly the same wants (Excluding the greedy).

I find with my new friends here on this forum (scattered aroud the globe) this unity. It is a unique forum in this way!

Aye Solbjerg you were lucky to find it and join... as I am as well!!

Peace and prosperity to all!

OK Melvin

I looked for it and found a painkiller that bore that name + a music band and a poem I think it was. :-)

So I will bear it in mind, - thank you!

Cheers

solbjerg

This is local slang English here in Western, NC appalachia. It is not proper English! I will try not to slip into my local dialect in the future!! Ha!:mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

lovely is it not yes we have love doves that nest hy looks like my back yard!

have more trees 20 foot tall! we have a 3/4 acre block plenty room

half is gone to scrub --and my lofts covered with vines 80% plus the trees that tower over them.but its very nice many roost at our place..one day i will have to get some one in ta cut it back.

itsmejjj

Archived