IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

COMODO Leak Test

itsmejjj

COMODO Leak Test Suite Updated Version

« on: November 14, 2008, 02:18:05 PM »

here it started.the fans!

first post

Hi Guys,

We have updated the Leak Test Suite. The purpose of this update is to fix the incorrect scores. There was a bug in CLT which was causing wrong results to be produced.

The updated version will be available in the web site possibly on Monday. But you can download it now from the attachment.

Cheers,

egemen

yep yep yep.......top thing this is..my wordy its their ya go

yes its all the go this test thing.!! a mistake ?

sorry..we fixed it..ok so now lets read!

so now i read the site if you want . and see all are in agreement?

well read for your self ..the problems and the successors

why i posted this ,well not every one thinks it a god thing.

ok lets be fair about it ,its a good fire wall

this is not my beef.nor if it is no1 or no 10..

so is zone alarm.pctools.out post .and many more..

but why the uninstall problems.why leave parts on the drive THAT LINK?

OR A NEW PERSON WOULD NOT KNOW ABOUT.why this under the counter attitude..so what if you do not like it.do you have the right to remove them 100% or not....all this hips this and angles that .you may not want it..

already i saw our members report the tester is a virus?

well is it? sure it behaves like one..its a tester...app.

is it harmful .i think not..

all right here is some help..

http://forums.comodo.com/leak_testingattacksvulnerability_research/comodo_leak_test_suite_updated_version-t30110.0.html

so when is a fire wall not a fire wall?

when it takes over the system..in that its very hard to remove..it will not shift in a normal uninstall ,why?

don't think i have a love for it.or that i will post that this or that one is the best.

no ..thy all have some burrower in build ..that hide in the system..

spy ware .snooping,linking..

ok now attack me for my posting this? as not true?

go ahead uninstall it and see for your self .but be advised read up first!

before you do...am i the only one complaining in the whole world..

its a nasty type installed software?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.grc.com/lt/leaktest.htm

http://www.testmypcsecurity.com/

http://forum.emsisoft.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=3310

ok just the start if you are into this ,help your self

want to rid it properly try here ..

i found it did not remove properly it kept trying to link at every boot.

ok so needed to destroy the drive,now that is wrong..not fair,and underhanded..

after i did a good look around found this

by the way its not only this fire wall be aware of that

zone alarm has a problem in itself..leaving parts in the drive one cant remove..

ok what about the anti virus? that is installed?

http://software.informer.com/getfree-comodo-uninstall/

http://www.pchelpforum.com/anti-virus/26643-help-comodo-uninstall.html

may want to look here as well ?

http://www.uninstalltips.com/category/uninstall-zone-alarm-software/

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Zone-Alarm-uninstall-access-denied-t218270.html

ok this should help for the ones who want to shift them

leak testing in generality

i started way back when the first one was developed.and posted for the public to test there systems..mainly pcflank test ..leak tester..i remember the for it and against it the subdivisions,doughs.and the ones who swore its usefulness

ok now we supposed to have the ultimate tester.

ok is it harmful that is the big point..well with my modem of .i ran it over 35 times..did not see any effect on the system..baring the testing results differentiated and showed no consisted score..only when i installed comodo

i got 100%

now ok toyed this on 4 fire walls and win scored different results .good and bad.. with no harmful side effects..so i can say if you be leave what you see

its got to make you happy right...

ok do i my self be leave it ? want me to say yes?

for the sake of peace?

i be lying.not my style...sorry .i truly think after the test i ran it favored the makers

why? hey sell there fire wall what else..ok i probably very wrong here .but what will i post here yes i love it? sorry.cant find my self to do so..

for starters my protection ware dissociated from the down load.

it took max 2 days to find a way to get it to my system...

protection

i then had to uninstall them.to let it run..then the most regarded lowest protection by many .stopped it.MS defender said NO ya DON'T.

that alone gave me a chill....then i had to uninstall it.ok now it ran .half way it stomped,my filters went silly.ok uninstall all of them..so i was naked.it now went ahead

oh and my first score 190/340 wow ..and from there tried 4 fire walls and different settings..

in total 3 Blue screens,1 froze,2 black screens,lockups.with different tries and settings..

so do i really be leave in it .after restoring my system?

do i dare post this fore fear of being reprimanded as a fool or idiot,perhaps crazy.i hope not.we are free to post i be leave this..and disagree

with out the prove it attitude.and go tec.no one thing i cant .as i am not programmer.

2nd .if software is made ,it should run .suppression by any defending program

should not happen before it even hits the drive ,or when attempted to install

then run..i think?

or am i wrong here? after all it a tester right...and not spy or rouge ware?

then why the reporting its halted? perhaps thy to are like me silly people.mad,crazy..and there defending apps silly ..useless ,,for stopping its download.installing ,running after all its false positive...ayah, right.

so why did i allow it .well i got malcium .that's why .no fear..of a complete restore!!!!

after the fire wall would not shift proply in with the cd,and ran GARY malcruim

hy it all fixed..

itsmejjj

went ahead

oh and my first score 190/340 wow ..and from there tried 4 fire walls and different settings..

in total 3 Blue screens,1 froze,2 black screens,lockups.with different tries and settings..

.if software is made ,it should run .suppression by any defending program

should not happen before it even hits the drive ,or when attempted to install

then run..i think?

or am i wrong here? after all it a tester right...and not spy or rouge ware?

then why the reporting its halted?

I've never known anyone who could crash his computer as often as you report you do. I've read 100's of reports on people using the Comodo Leak Tests Portable Application Suite and I've never once seen anyone report a blue screen or a crash from running them of course they only run one firewall!

As I said before my A-Squared Free on demand scanner also picks up the Comodo Leak Tests as Malware which is what is known as a false positive by those who know that the Leak Tests are completely harmless which is more than I can say for someone who would spend hours of his time concocting some vague insinuations that they are anything less after so many years of use by 10,000's of people who have used these Leak Tests to tune their computer security to perfection.

~Maxx~

Maxx and JJJ!!!

Hi my two good friends Maxx and JJJ. I have some real shattering news for you both. I saw on 60 minutes that the Chinese have got into our government computers and taken some very top secret information from our government computers. I'm sure we are doing the same thing to the Chinese,but we would never admit it. If you think you can protect some little piddly stuff on your personal computers when some one really wants your information; I've a whole bunch of bridges I need to get rid of in Brooklyn New York. If you have any thing on your PC and some one really wants it, they will find a way to get it. Sure you need to make it as hard as you can to keep them from getting your information, but please don't be fooled by all these programs making promises that they can keep you safe from all these leaks and what ever else they are trying to sell you. Come on into my house, you won't find any thing you want and if you do I will watch you when you leave. Love you both.---garybear

Virus (Win32: Agent AWR Trojan)

http://www.grc.com/lt/leaktest.htm

http://www.testmypcsecurity.com/

http://forum.emsisoft.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=3310

ok just the start if you are into this ,help your self

want to rid it properly try here ..

i found it did not remove properly it kept trying to link at every boot.

ok so needed to destroy the drive,now that is wrong..not fair,and underhanded..

after i did a good look around found this

by the way its not only this fire wall be aware of that

zone alarm has a problem in itself..leaving parts in the drive one cant remove..

ok what about the anti virus? that is installed?

http://software.informer.com/getfree-comodo-uninstall/

http://www.pchelpforum.com/anti-virus/26643-help-comodo-uninstall.html

may want to look here as well ?

http://www.uninstalltips.com/category/uninstall-zone-alarm-software/

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Zone-Alarm-uninstall-access-denied-t218270.html

ok this should help for the ones who want to shift them

The link http://www.testmypcsecurity.com/ you posted there has a virus! watch out. Avast warned me about it when I went to download test -> DNStest ->Firewall Leak Only ->Find out more ->Download Now = Avast(Win32: Agent AWR Trojan)

The link http://www.testmypcsecurity.com/ you posted there has a virus! watch out. Avast warned me about it when I went to download test -> DNStest ->Firewall Leak Only ->Find out more ->Download Now = Avast(Win32: Agent AWR Trojan)

blacksea- I went to testmysecurity.com and couldn't find the path you took to the Agent AWR Trojan starting with the DNS Tests could you help with some directions as to where to start? I can get to the Leak Tests that jjj was linking to in one click, but please help me to find this buried Trojan.

~Maxx~

blacksea- I went to testmysecurity.com and couldn't find the path you took to the Agent AWR Trojan starting with the DNS Tests could you help with some directions as to where to start? I can get to the Leak Tests that jjj was linking to in one click, but please help me to find this buried Trojan.

~Maxx~

Ofcourse Maxxwire,

I have made a printscreen !

I also see that more files contains a trojan horse.

So be careful everyone with the site itsmejjj posted!

Cheers.

sure be careful be careful with every thing ,links apps,what ever ,even if asked if a program is it rouge ware.why did you mial me if you are protected,

and know your software? were you summarized i had it registered and use it?

or perhaps test me if its rouge ware? read my post i care less if any software is...i will run it.but be aware if you use it.or any one..

now as fore your software ,terrific it picked up the warnings.my did not .

but then it may be false positives? did you know that that program off yours is the most important peace of virus watching,good for you to have it installed.i do not use it.

I am very happy that this was reported to the members...

same as any thing that is the point .like i stated

.every link made ,download made ,there may be a dark ,something.sitting there .and lets face it ,any one that want to get inmost hared drives bad enoef ,who will i stop? unless i trow the modem in the river, and good luck if thy can.thy may get a copy of my windows? perhaps a roughen software.or even a nice bit of trojan ,ware .hey or even a key en gen ...perhaps a number..

but its nice of you pointing this out..and thank you ,so want to break into my system,

.good luck to them.but hey ask me ,be easier..now as fore the Trojan you found ,perhaps a false possessive? you think....well may be.the tester gets the same ..

but hang on its ok to use ....after all every one in the world is sane bar me?

and i am the only one in the world that get crashes ,when experimenting with software ! that my fried forgot to add ,now i have made my point

given my opinion as to the software ,tester.fire walls ,its up to any one to just pass it by ,take it all as nonsense.so every post some one makes .or app one trys out is safe and clear?

ok ask me to test a other rouge ware blacksea .and mail me you really want to use it.go ahead ask i will run it .now did you thank me for testing your ask..perhaps i missed it ?

even a acknowledge meant for spending time reinstalling and posting you the results .just a small thanks ,would of been kind?

while we are on this ,do i know every thing there is to know about everything?

sure i do .that is why i sit on the forum instead of tripping around the world

and counting my millions...we are part of a small tiny mass of friendly people

that try to help one and the other even if we disagree..or clash

itsmejjj

sure be careful be careful with every thing ,links apps,what ever ,even if asked if a program is it rouge ware

same as any thing that is the piont .like i stated

want to attacked me for posting not a problem .every link made ,download made ,there may be a dark ,something.sitting there .and lets face it ,any one that want to get inmost hared drives bad enoef ,who will i stop? unless i trow the modem in the river, and good luck if thy can.thy may get a copy of my windows? perhaps a roughen software..good luck to them.but hey ask me ,i tell ya where ya get it free!now as fore the trojan you found ,perhaps a false possessive? you think....well may be.the tester gets the same ..

but hang on its ok to use ....

itsmejjj

Dear itsmejjj,

Pls, don't get me wrong. It was not my intention to attack you in any kind of way. I only posted it to look out, because some files of the site you posted there had a virus. And I don't know if it is a FP. I just wanted to clarify people of what I experienced when I downloaded the file.

Blacksea

http://www.spywareremove.com/removeTrojanDownloaderWin32Agentatrv.html

http://www.scanforfree.com/40/trojan-downloader-mislead-remover.html

ok if some one has it and its my failt here is the way to rid it.

and i apologize if it is.

itsmejjj

i tank you for that .i misunderstood .and see you did right..and again many thank you

now this app i posted i know zip all about but will run them ta see iffa i got this virus..

I also see that more files contains a trojan horse.

So be careful everyone with the site itsmejjj posted!

Cheers.

blacksea- If you had been following this discussion about the Leak Tests through the many threads that we have mentioned them in over the last several weeks you would know that ever since we started downloading these and other tests the members here have been getting false positive detections from them using a wide variety of different security software.

This is because in order for the Leak Tests and others to be effective they must exactly simulate a real Malware attack the only difference is that the simulated attack code does not follow through and install a kernel level driver and subvert your computer like a real attack of the same nature would.

As I have said many times my A-Squared Free scanner picks up the Leak Tests as a Trojan every time it scans them so I am completely used to it. If these kinds of false positives picked up from legitimate Security Tests which must be so identical in nature in order to do their job effectively scare you then you would probably do best to just stay away from them until the time comes that you can confidently tell the difference between a false positive coming from a Security Test and a true positive detection coming from an unknown source.

Don't feel bad many others have been scared off by these false positives from the Leak Tests, but it is too bad because the Firewalls that can pass these very realistic Security Tests can also be found at the very top levels of the coveted Matousec Proactive Security Challenge and that is no coincidence just a demonstration of state of the art excellence in computer security software rigorously tested and proven to be some of the finest companies in the business.

~Maxx~

Thank you

sure be careful be careful with every thing ,links apps,what ever ,even if asked if a program is it rouge ware.why did you mial me if you are protected,

and know your software? were you summarized i had it registered and use it?

or perhaps test me if its rouge ware? read my post i care less if any software is...i will run it.but be aware if you use it.or any one..

now as fore your software ,terrific it picked up the warnings.my did not .

but then it may be false positives? did you know that that program off yours is the most important peace of virus watching,good for you to have it installed.i do not use it.

I am very happy that this was reported to the members...

same as any thing that is the point .like i stated

.every link made ,download made ,there may be a dark ,something.sitting there .and lets face it ,any one that want to get inmost hared drives bad enoef ,who will i stop? unless i trow the modem in the river, and good luck if thy can.thy may get a copy of my windows? perhaps a roughen software.or even a nice bit of trojan ,ware .hey or even a key en gen ...perhaps a number..

but its nice of you pointing this out..and thank you ,so want to break into my system,

.good luck to them.but hey ask me ,be easier..now as fore the Trojan you found ,perhaps a false possessive? you think....well may be.the tester gets the same ..

but hang on its ok to use ....after all every one in the world is sane bar me?

and i am the only one in the world that get crashes ,when experimenting with software ! that my fried forgot to add ,now i have made my point

given my opinion as to the software ,tester.fire walls ,its up to any one to just pass it by ,take it all as nonsense.so every post some one makes .or app one trys out is safe and clear?

ok ask me to test a other rouge ware blacksea .and mail me you really want to use it.go ahead ask i will run it .now did you thank me for testing your ask..perhaps i missed it ?

even a acknowledge meant for spending time reinstalling and posting you the results .just a small thanks ,would of been kind?

while we are on this ,do i know every thing there is to know about everything?

sure i do .that is why i sit on the forum instead of tripping around the world

and counting my millions...we are part of a small tiny mass of friendly people

that try to help one and the other even if we disagree..or clash

itsmejjj

Come on itsmejjj,

Like I said don't be offended because of my reply. It was only to clarify people what I have experienced. Your right, I did send you a email if you would be so kind to test the application I meant.

But I did send you a private message with the statement 'Thank you in advance!'. I don't get it why you don't see that as thanking you even before I know that you would have be testing the application for me? And I also don't know if you have tested the program for me.

- Well I just noticed that you did tested the application for me and posted the result. I'm sorry I wasn't aware of your post because you already gave me the conclusion that the application was safe and I wasn't suspecting you to post it. So I apologize I didn't noticed your post and have thanked you afterwards. I really do appreciate your input. So thank you very much itsmejjj !

Blacksea

blacksea- If you had been following this discussion about the Leak Tests through the many threads that we have mentioned them in over the last several weeks you would know that ever since we started downloading these and other tests the members here have been getting false positive detections from them using a wide variety of different security software.

This is because in order for the Leak Tests and others to be effective they must exactly simulate a real Malware attack the only difference is that the simulated attack code does not follow through and install a kernel level driver and subvert your computer like a real attack of the same nature would.

As I have said many times my A-Squared Free scanner picks up the Leak Tests as a Trojan every time it scans them so I am completely used to it. If these kinds of false positives picked up from legitimate Security Tests which must be so identical in nature in order to do their job effectively scare you then you would probably do best to just stay away from them until the time comes that you can confidently tell the difference between a false positive coming from a Security Test and a true positive detection coming from an unknown source.

Don't feel bad many others have been scared off by these false positives from the Leak Tests, but it is too bad because the Firewalls that can pass these very realistic Security Tests can also be found at the very top levels of the coveted Matousec Proactive Security Challenge and that is no coincidence just a demonstration of state of the art excellence in computer security software by some of the finest companies in the business.

~Maxx~

Dear maxxwire,

As I am not a Expert in this those things I will let as it is. It will give me more confidence that I am protected. And also the attachment you posted, what I see there is that Comodo scored a 100%+ and did the best and reached all the levels. So I don't need to actually test it again as if I see it tested there well. But maybe the test on the on http://www.testmypcsecurity.com/ is a different way of testing. But this won't help allot, because new a days Comodo seems to work best at the Firewall part. If it does not succeed in the http://www.testmypcsecurity.com/ test, then there is no changing it. It will also not succeed on other computers with Comodo installed. I hope you understand what I wanted to say. I am not a fluent English speaker.

Blacksea

But maybe the test on the on http://www.testmypcsecurity.com/ is a different way of testing. But this won't help allot, because new a days Comodo seems to work best at the Firewall part. If it does not succeed in the http://www.testmypcsecurity.com/ test, then there is no changing it.

Blacksea

You may not know this , but Matousec only does its 84 part test with the 'out of the box settings' and this is a much tougher test than anything you can download from http://www.testmypcsecurity.com! Add to this Comodo stock 'Internet Security' configuration performance and move up to Proactive Security HIPS and it is even stronger and more secure than the settings that earned it a 100% Matousec score not to mention the 100% port stealthing and nearly unlimited user configurations possible and be as completely secure as you have skills to make it more secure.

And not just Comodo but any of the top testers on the Matousic Proactive Challenge are all able to provide excellent quality computer security in that they all not only pass the Leak Tests, but also excel on Matousec's rigorous 84 part test.

I prefer not to even use the Comodo Antivirus prefering the Comodo Firewall Pro and Defense + HIPS fronted by my browser running in the ultra safe sanctuary of the Sandboxie Virtual Space with no detections so far not even so much as a single tracking cookie! In fact I have not had a single detection of Malware since I installed Comodo and I use 4 different on demand scanners.

~Maxx~

I really do" appreciate "your input. So thank you very much itsmejjj !

and i feel very important at the moment .this is so kind of you..and any time ask again and i will try my hardest to satisfy the ask..this makes it worthwhile.

you have made my day..

itsmejjj

well reading the reply's i observe one has to make the course ..

trust your defending apps like scanners or go ahead ignore them,and fool around

testing.

you read trust the testing apps? then you read trust your anti virus..?

then along come "experts" say no no its false.-or links where thy say your fine.its false...

a false.reading Trojan,our attacking the system its now clear for the ones

that read the fore and against.be leave what ever you think is good.

i wonder why bother to have defending software installed at all if you make it a point to disregard warnings..but you the user will know what is best..

we posted our views .

and some went ahead run them .not minding the linking if your modem is on..

say to your defending software .mind your self.and pass ..

any how .would i run it with my modem on .not a hope..but i will and have with it of

like gary stated if you think your fire wall stops some one who is attacking.

found your ip address ,and is very good at what he/she is doing .thy will get in comodo or no comodo,zone alarm or no zone alarm..and i don't care what thy camel..about...if any one is fool Enoch to think other wise OK good luck

or think you or i cant be busted into...

and do there worst.so really whats all this about? try hard to make it hard.

or even deter ..hide well use different proxy ip...trow them of the trial .a bit.

but Hy if thy need ta get in ,and somehow found me..and i mean find me..know my ip ..MY ISP..provider.well done..

..good luck take what thy want..thy are welcome to any app i have..copy any keys,numbers thy want.or my back drops .or even my forum pass word..

i do not Email nor bank..but yes nothing is 100% secure! and i care less what a test states.or any one tells me.

i can tell the this .to make your pc 200%+ safe

pull out the modem.tell you wife or girl friend ,sister,bother .mom dad.

get in the truck .back up lay the modem down and yell go!

then after thy crushed it .pick it up and chuck it in the bin..

now ya are safe!

but yes if you need to test Do so..good luck..if you make it a point to ignore the installed defenders.ok do so..no skin of my nose..what people do .we try ya warn you.and this also can be taken as ,nonsense...or you may agree .

and not necessary with Me ..

itsmejjj

so really whats all this about? try hard to make it hard.

jjj- I certainly agree with you on this point! Make it as hard as possible for either Malicious Software or a hacker to get into your computer and if the worst happens make him feel stupid and very disappointed for breaking into a computer that has nothing whatsoever of value except a fine collection of freeware programs.:-D

~Maxx~

jjj- I certainly agree with you on this point! Make it as hard as possible for either Malicious Software or a hacker to get into your computer and if the worst happens make him feel stupid and very disappointed for breaking into a computer that has nothing whatsoever of value except a fine collection of freeware programs.:-D

~Maxx~

thank you for that you now made my day as well!!

Hi Maxx and jjj.

Hi my two friends. I'm so glad to see you back to loving each other. You both have also made my day. I do enjoy your little fights because I have learned that you will soon make up. You remind me of a married couple that have a big fight and then you make up and all is well again. I also learn a

lot from you both when you are fighting so keep adding a little spice to our form. I wish you health, wealth, and happiness my friends. PS Its good that we all live so far away so we can only get into word fights and then make up again. Your friend for ever.---garybear Now I have to figure out how this comodo firewall works. I'll need some answers Maxx.

I passed YEA.

Hi Maxx. Well what do you think of me now friend?? I passed the leak test. I still have a long way to go but I'm happy about this. Thank you my friend for recommending Comodo. I will need some help. There are so many options it makes me dizzy, but I will learn with your help.---garybear

garybear- I find it difficult to associate your message of passing the leak test with the graphic that you posted along with it saying that you were unable to connect GRC leak test. If you have indeed installed Comodo and have successfully passed the 34 Leak Tests then congratulations are due on your enhanced level of personal control over your computer security.

At first all of the myriad of options do seem overwhelming, but once separated out into their basic functions you will realize that at the default settings Comodo tests 100% effective and that custom settings are only required in a few instances and that each one of those is GUI configured. In order to try to help you with any custom settings that you would like to do to take full control of how your computer operates exactly how much of the Comodo Internet Security package which includes the basic components of the Comodo Firewall Pro, Proactive Defense+ HIPS and the Antivirus module did you choose to install?

Congratulations on your new, improved and most importantly of all user programmable windshield!!! http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/GBGuyAnim.gif

~Maxx~

Archived