IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC killed my Windows XP!!

jmar595

I think AWC needs an option of a recovery disc.

Once you get the problems of losing Desktop and Icons, you need a way of doing a system restore or a restore back which doesn't work when you can't even get explorer.exe to work.

The most worrying thing here is that, most people will go and find solutions on the NET and apply reg fix files, which I have seen references to on this forum.

Once you do that and it don't work, you are slowly destroying your system.

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

I'm having the same problem as several others have had over the past few months. Is there a resolution for this yet? Windows restore doesn't work. I can do the run: explorer trick and my icons and taskbar come back for a few seconds. Is there no way to return my settings to what they were before AWC altered them? Windows restore doesn't do it. I've allowed windows to choose the best visual settings, etc.

I think this might be an issue with the AWC optimization tool, but it could be the registry tool.

Help?

I'm having the same problem as several others have had over the past few months. Is there a resolution for this yet? Windows restore doesn't work. I can do the run: explorer trick and my icons and taskbar come back for a few seconds. Is there no way to return my settings to what they were before AWC altered them? Windows restore doesn't do it. I've allowed windows to choose the best visual settings, etc.

I think this might be an issue with the AWC optimization tool, but it could be the registry tool.

Help?

I have posted that you'll need some sort of BootUp disc which will allow you to do a system restore , like BartPe or ERD etc.

I found no other way to do it as the OS kill's anything you try to do.

Thanks

Thanks NoOne. In the end I gave up, copied important files to an external drive and wiped my computer, starting from scratch. Your bootup disk options sound less extreme; wish I'd noticed them in time.

It sounds like not a lot of people have had this problem, but still...what AWC did to my computer was way worse than any virus I've had. It's too bad because the program seemed pretty useful/powerful. Too powerful perhaps?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Help?

I had a serious problem with AWC also, and posted a thread about it in this forum. Making a partition image just before I ran AWC is what saved my bacon. (I always do that before making any significant changes to my system or installing software, and it takes just 5 minutes.)

Right after I ran AWC, I discovered that my desktop was really messed up and could not be repaired, so I just restored the partition from the fresh image. The restore process took 5 minutes and was much less painful than doing a fresh Windows installation.

Word to the wise: Always back up your system before attempting anything that can mess you up.

• 6 months later...

hi mainelyfun

You must be writing from another computer then.

Try starting your computer in "safe mode", then go to the windows restore function and choose to restore to a time just before you installed the program, - provided of course that you hadn't experienced trouble before that!

And let us now how you make out.

Cheers

solbjerg

Can not boot up- after windows runs through logo and slide- I get a blank screen. I had just installed Beta and used registry cleaner which directed me to reboot---- Help- unable to use computer

I'm a fan of the optimizer-rarely do I have to access Sys. Servcs. to change a setting for a little used function! Also there's an old adage about going to a restaurant and having a good meal-you'll tell a few friends-but if you have a bad one, you'll tell everybody you know or talk to! My point? Look at the number of views of this thread which begins with a very negative statement-it got everyone's attention!

teegee

if you run ccleaner keep it to its default settings and it will be problem free.

normally i click on everything in advanced section too. also i dont backup my registry w/ ccleaner.

also for a crazy good registry cleaner(make sure you back up!) get regseeker

http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

you need winrar or something to unzip it

no problems yet

also if you want a registry cleaner with less risk but still more effective than most products use eusing registry cleaner. just search it up in google and youll find it.

• 1 year later...

Dont Feel to bad...because it stopped....

Hey don't feel to bad, after using this updated version as I did have the older version on here it worked great...but after updating to the newest version BAMMMMMMMM, I have no sound and cannot right click at all on nothing.:-x:-x

It removed my sound software and removed my mouse software, had to re-download it, and still no right click and went to see the issues with my sound, it removed all my sound files no sound at all period notta, zilch, zip, zero.

Also, it turned off my online printing and turned it to offline and bam it said I had over 120 documents ready to print and all the was , was like 54 bytes etc. yeah some updated program.:-x:-x:

Now it says it found some security issues in the bottleneck of windows, shoot it says 20, but to scared to allow it to do anything. I was going to purchase the pro, but I don't think so now....and as far as restore points for this program they don't work neither tried everything.

I design websites, I have to have the right click , and I need my sound, and as far as the other features to scared to use them.

Hi lordsbaby

Did you update by a Clean Install without checking the "problems" and placing those you prefer unaltered in the ignore list?

Please read Usage~ from the link in my signature.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hey don't feel to bad, after using this updated version as I did have the older version on here it worked great...but after updating to the newest version BAMMMMMMMM, I have no sound and cannot right click at all on nothing.:-x:-x

It removed my sound software and removed my mouse software, had to re-download it, and still no right click and went to see the issues with my sound, it removed all my sound files no sound at all period notta, zilch, zip, zero.

Also, it turned off my online printing and turned it to offline and bam it said I had over 120 documents ready to print and all the was , was like 54 bytes etc. yeah some updated program.:-x:-x:

Now it says it found some security issues in the bottleneck of windows, shoot it says 20, but to scared to allow it to do anything. I was going to purchase the pro, but I don't think so now....and as far as restore points for this program they don't work neither tried everything.

I design websites, I have to have the right click , and I need my sound, and as far as the other features to scared to use them.

UPDATE....from reply

Hi,

When it came up for to me get the update, it asked me if I wanted it to Uninstall the older version, and of course I said Yes. And then it installed the updated version and then it told me that system restore needed to be on for any changes it made, I clicked Ok!

Then it finished opening up and started scanning, when it was done, I clicked on the results and unchecked some but it removed them anyway. I tried the restore points and it didn't do nothing, so I re-downloaded another mouse driver and sound software and did a re-install on both all came back but my right clicking on the mouse. I am unable to find the problem, everything is correct as far as the software goes for the mouse. I checked other settings as well and nothing will enable my right clicking, its not even apste in my menus....any ideas???

Hi!!!

Hi,

When it came up for to me get the update, it asked me if I wanted it to Uninstall the older version, and of course I said Yes. And then it installed the updated version and then it told me that system restore needed to be on for any changes it made, I clicked Ok!

Then it finished opening up and started scanning, when it was done, I clicked on the results and unchecked some but it removed them anyway. I tried the restore points and it didn't do nothing, so I re-downloaded another mouse driver and sound software and did a re-install on both all came back but my right clicking on the mouse. I am unable to find the problem, everything is correct as far as the software goes for the mouse. I checked other settings as well and nothing will enable my right clicking, its not even apste in my menus....any ideas???

Hi! Sure you tried this. It helped me once.!!!garybear

Hi lordsbaby

Please try this:

The Windows key + Pause/Break Opens System Settings

Advanced/Settings/ use windows recommended settings

All this is explained in Usage of IObit Products.

Afterwards - if it works - you must place some of the "problems" that ASC finds under the System Optimize scan in the ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

Tried it and didn't work, still no right click

I tried that didn't work, still no right click. I also, went to the support and that is for the PRO version I chose to use the free version right now, especially until this problem gets fixed. I went to the system optimaztion and I cannot right click to do anything.....it found 20 issues but to tell you the truth I am scared to even go there.....isnt there a reg key I can go and change the values or something???

Help Please!!

Hi lordsbaby

Please try this:

The Windows key + Pause/Break Opens System Settings

Advanced/Settings/ use windows recommended settings

All this is explained in Usage of IObit Products.

Afterwards - if it works - you must place some of the "problems" that ASC finds under the System Optimize scan in the ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi lordsbaby

I doubt very much that ASC has anything to do with your right click function. Have you checked your mouse settings in the control panel?

You just have to run the system optimization and click on "Problems" and when you see that window you choose which items you want to place in the ignore list.

Haven't you read Usage of IObit Products yet?

Check the "problems" before clicking repair - and place those you want to keep in the Ignore list!

Cheers

solbjerg

I tried that didn't work, still no right click. I also, went to the support and that is for the PRO version I chose to use the free version right now, especially until this problem gets fixed. I went to the system optimaztion and I cannot right click to do anything.....it found 20 issues but to tell you the truth I am scared to even go there.....isnt there a reg key I can go and change the values or something???

Help Please!!

I DID Read them...there isnt much there

Hi,

I did read them and there isnt much there to even tell one much. Everything worked before I allowed it to make changes to the enteries it found in the registry. Because I was using the right click with the shortcut fix program with it, then all the sudden it quit.

It's like it disabled the clipboard or something for placing data in the clipboard. Also, all it shows is ways to optimize your system, things in red, and none of those have nothing to do with the mouse.

Also, I placed earlier where I have re-downloaded the mouse drivers and my sound card files again and checked everything on both, the sound got fixed but the mouse issue is still the same NOT WORKING....it was working fine until ASC made changes.

I am just wondering if there is a key in the registry where I can modify to fix the settings, or something, there has to be somewhere.

Thanks

Archived