IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC killed my Windows XP!!

jmar595

To samh@belictools.com.au

Do you have the original discs?

And how much data? What is the drive status and is it backed up (what is the exact hardware you are running 2003 server on)? I have seen that you have visited and looked... with no reply to your question. Are you trying to resurrect a machine thats been in storage?

-Mel

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To lordsbaby2010

You were notified by ASC that there was an update available. That would indicate on start-up of ASC, by your previous configuration. (I speculate that you have in your options selected "check for update when program starts").

So you possibly had an old version of ASC in your program files but haven't been running it? You may have not been running ASC for awhile... then ran it, it notified you to update, then you upgraded. Boom! then problem!!

I am curious about the gap in the old version versus the new.

On reflection I think, possibly going into the details of "security analyzer" at the end of the ASC normal "run" and possibly fixing things that shouldn't have been fixed?

There is a difference in ASC between problems and no problems, red and green...

A recent version of ASC always had "suggestions" at the end of security analyzer, in red clickable connection, that led all users to the boxes to be checked or not. An even earlier version would steer you to a hijack analysis report.. (of some kind, although I didn't, and don't see the point). The new version doesn't, and that is an improvement.

Its only an observation... that's all.

-Mel

Hi lordsbaby

Are you saying that you have used the shortcut fixer without checking if it was correct then?

It is usually the System optimize that change the settings while it is set up to save resources mostly.

If you cannot get back to the functioning before all this happened, you could try to uninstall the program totally.

Then run "let windows choose the best settings for your computer" and then install the program again and don't let it repair anything before you have checked what has to go in the ignore list.

If all else fails try using the Window system restore function.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

I did read them and there isnt much there to even tell one much. Everything worked before I allowed it to make changes to the enteries it found in the registry. Because I was using the right click with the shortcut fix program with it, then all the sudden it quit.

It's like it disabled the clipboard or something for placing data in the clipboard. Also, all it shows is ways to optimize your system, things in red, and none of those have nothing to do with the mouse.

Also, I placed earlier where I have re-downloaded the mouse drivers and my sound card files again and checked everything on both, the sound got fixed but the mouse issue is still the same NOT WORKING....it was working fine until ASC made changes.

I am just wondering if there is a key in the registry where I can modify to fix the settings, or something, there has to be somewhere.

Thanks

Hi!!!

I'm wondering if you can do this !!! If you can't make this work, could you may be have a bad mouse. Some times the little wires in the cable get broken. A friend said he had that happen to him twice. He said he took the mouse apart and resodered them. Not some thing I could do. Might try second screen shot. It seems to be suggested a lot on the web!!

Hi gary

Good suggestions and fine screenshots, kelly's corner is one to keep in mind - I have had a link to it for years!!

Another possibility if the mouse is at fault - the settings that is - is to uninstall it/physically remove it from the computer/ shut down the computer/ attach the mouse again and then start the computer and follow the guide.

If soldering is called for I would by a new mouse, buying a soldering iron and tin/pewter for the soldering will be more expensive than buying a new mouse, and also presupposes that the user knows how to solder.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm wondering if you can do this !!! If you can't make this work, could you may be have a bad mouse. Some times the little wires in the cable get broken. A friend said he had that happen to him twice. He said he took the mouse apart and resodered them. Not some thing I could do. Might try second screen shot. It seems to be suggested a lot on the web!!

Archived