IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC is not automatically making any backups.

Rick777

I read in the Users Manual that ASC will automatically make backups before any of the functions are used to make changes to my computer.

However, I've used the Internet Booster, Spyware Removal and Privacy Sweep thus far.

Yet if I click on "Restore", there are no backups listed in the "Restore Center".

Why?

This is a serious flaw, as one may be relying on this feature to make restorals if there are any problems with the cleanups your application performs.

Also, my Windows "System Restore" had about 3 weeks of backups before I started using ASC as well as Smart Defrag.

Now that I have done a Smart Defrag "Defrag Only" as well as a "Fast Optimize", and have also done an ASC "Internet Booster" ,"Spyware Removal" and "Privacy Sweep", I find that my 3 weeks worth of Windows "System Restore" points have disappeared.

I now only have Windows "System Restore" points beginning with the one I made before I did the "Internet Booster" (which is the first thing I had ASC perform).

And all of the restoral points in my Windows "System Restore" are ones I made myself manually, before using any of the ASC modes I've mentioned.

If your product is not going to automatically make backups, and if in addition I am going to lose my own Windows "System Restore" points I've done manually, then I am going to have to stop using both of your products.

Please advise.

Hi Rick

What are your settings?

Please go into your options and take a screenshot of Computer Optimizing settings (is it daily use? or is it maximum optimized?)

And into the settings for back up (do you have recommended settings there?) There is also a possibility to place a tick in "make a backup every day"

I have 20 backups in my restore center, but could have chosen more OR preferably less.

My Windows System restore is set to use max. 5% of the disk for restore point, - at the moment I have 9 restore/dates some with several points in them.

So I do not quite understand how it works like that by you.

Cheers

solbjerg

I read in the Users Manual that ASC will automatically make backups before any of the functions are used to make changes to my computer.

However, I've used the Internet Booster, Spyware Removal and Privacy Sweep thus far.

Yet if I click on "Restore", there are no backups listed in the "Restore Center".

Why?

This is a serious flaw, as one may be relying on this feature to make restorals if there are any problems with the cleanups your application performs.

Also, my Windows "System Restore" had about 3 weeks of backups before I started using ASC as well as Smart Defrag.

Now that I have done a Smart Defrag "Defrag Only" as well as a "Fast Optimize", and have also done an ASC "Internet Booster" ,"Spyware Removal" and "Privacy Sweep", I find that my 3 weeks worth of Windows "System Restore" points have disappeared.

I now only have Windows "System Restore" points beginning with the one I made before I did the "Internet Booster" (which is the first thing I had ASC perform).

And all of the restoral points in my Windows "System Restore" are ones I made myself manually, before using any of the ASC modes I've mentioned.

If your product is not going to automatically make backups, and if in addition I am going to lose my own Windows "System Restore" points I've done manually, then I am going to have to stop using both of your products.

Please advise.

Hi solbjerg,

Thanks for the response.

"Please go into your options and take a screenshot of Computer Optimizing settings (is it daily use? or is it maximum optimized?)".

In "Options", I don't see "Computer Optimizing" as one of the listings.

(I'm using ASC Free - perhaps this is why I don't see your category?).

Once I find out exactly what option you are interested in, and I take a screenshot, what do I do with it? Email it to you?

"And into the settings for back up (do you have recommended settings there?)"

On the "Options"/"Backup", under "General", "Select the modules that you want Restore Center to backup", I have all 4 options checked there (I believe that is the default).

Under "Additional", "Select the number of backup files that Advanced System Care saves, I had the default there (20, I believe it was).

After the experience I describe in my op, I now have the max - 100 - selected.

"My Windows System restore is set to use max. 5% of the disk for restore point"

I am using Windows Vista - there is no option for setting the Windows System Restore for what % of the disk to use.

But as mentioned in my op, I had Restore Points created going back 3 weeks, but after using ASC and Smart Defrag, they all had disappeared.

"There is also a possibility to place a tick in "make a backup every day"

I did not select this, as I'm only concerned with a backup being made before the ASC performs any function, in case there's a problem afterwards and I want to restore it.

My issue, besides my Windows System Restore points disappearing, is that it's my understanding that ASC will automatically make a backup before it performs any changes, yet there are NO backups in the "Restore Center".

Twice now, in the "Restore Center" under "Select an Action" I have selected "Create Restore Point".

When I do this, it does create a restore point in my Windows System Restore, but nothing is displayed in the ASC "Restore Center".

Hi Rick

Yes you are probably right about the free version not having the option to choose Computer Optimizing settings. Sorry! (have had the pro version for a couple of years, so I didn't remember)

Please read

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1979

or choose topic

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=2295

How did you install your program? Over the top or fresh new clean install?

perhaps the fact that you have backed up to Windows System restore makes the program skip the changes made during a "repair"?

100 I feel is far to many - now you made me think about it I think I will choose 5.

I don't know Vista, but as far as I remember there is a description on how to find and set the percentage of Restore points in the first link I gave you.

There may have been a point when you were "repairing" the first few times where you missed placing some of the "problems" in the ignore list.

Another possibility could be that something went amiss during your installation of the program and a Clean install could then possibly repair that.

Attaching screenshots and files are also described in the links I gave you.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Thanks for the response.

"Please go into your options and take a screenshot of Computer Optimizing settings (is it daily use? or is it maximum optimized?)".

In "Options", I don't see "Computer Optimizing" as one of the listings.

(I'm using ASC Free - perhaps this is why I don't see your category?).

Once I find out exactly what option you are interested in, and I take a screenshot, what do I do with it? Email it to you?

"And into the settings for back up (do you have recommended settings there?)"

On the "Options"/"Backup", under "General", "Select the modules that you want Restore Center to backup", I have all 4 options checked there (I believe that is the default).

Under "Additional", "Select the number of backup files that Advanced System Care saves, I had the default there (20, I believe it was).

After the experience I describe in my op, I now have the max - 100 - selected.

"My Windows System restore is set to use max. 5% of the disk for restore point"

I am using Windows Vista - there is no option for setting the Windows System Restore for what % of the disk to use.

But as mentioned in my op, I had Restore Points created going back 3 weeks, but after using ASC and Smart Defrag, they all had disappeared.

"There is also a possibility to place a tick in "make a backup every day"

I did not select this, as I'm only concerned with a backup being made before the ASC performs any function, in case there's a problem afterwards and I want to restore it.

My issue, besides my Windows System Restore points disappearing, is that it's my understanding that ASC will automatically make a backup before it performs any changes, yet there are NO backups in the "Restore Center".

Twice now, in the "Restore Center" under "Select an Action" I have selected "Create Restore Point".

When I do this, it does create a restore point in my Windows System Restore, but nothing is displayed in the ASC "Restore Center".

Archived