IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Revo Uninstaller

solbjerg

Hi Ted

As i have translated the language file I have the pro version and that at least is released - downloadable from their site, but perhaps the free version isn't quite ready yet. Haven't checked, I just got an e-mail from Revo that told me that the pro version was ready and if I would be so kind as to translate the extra lines, (50% extra :-) ) so they provided the link to their site and I found the pro version there ready for download.

Didn't cross my mind that it would just be the pro version for now - but apparently it is so.

Sorry, you will then probably have to wait a bit for the free version, - perhaps until they have more than the English language in the file??

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, solbjerg,

Where did you download your copy of Revo from?

solbjerg- Thanks for giving us this inside tip on the Revo v2.0 upgrade! It looks like both the Free and Pro versions have great new features! Screenshots of Revo Pro v2.0 can be found at //www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_screenshots_pictures.html showing that this is a substantial upgrade for the program.

~Maxx~

BIG update

Free version here, I just checked with Update Notifier and it says 1.83 is still the latest so I will wait till the update appears on that software.

I did notice a HUGE difference in the screenshot supplied by Maxx

Version 1.83 = 1.03 MB

Version 2.00 = 8.72 MB

I hope Revo doesn't follow the same path as so many other softwares and become too bloated.

Those folks using the pro version, do you use Real time monitoring of system changes - during install of programs ?

I saw this feature in aShampoo uninstaller and had the opportunity to get the pro version for free but after reading various comments I decided against using it.

Mostly users said that installing software with this feature enabled could take a long time and was prone to failure with some software.

There were not very many who were happy with this feature.

Actully many people preferred to use Revo Free rather than aShampoo Pro and this was on a aShampoo 'friendly' website

All the best, woz of oz

Hi woz of oz

Yes the difference is really huge, I have only tried uninstalling one program with it so far, - worked fine as far as I found out - a bit less input than in the previous version.

The free version will not have several of these new options as far as I saw, but perhaps they just have one setup program file that activates the applications inside it to free version or Pro version like in the setup file for ASC.

The language file had grown with ~50%, so now 1/3 of it is new.

I will check it out further in the weeks to come - but first Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I like to keep as much as possible "by hand" so I won't be using that monitoring of system changes - sounds like it could be a pain in the ---.

Free version here, I just checked with Update Notifier and it says 1.83 is still the latest so I will wait till the update appears on that software.

I did notice a HUGE difference in the screenshot supplied by Maxx

Version 1.83 = 1.03 MB

Version 2.00 = 8.72 MB

I hope Revo doesn't follow the same path as so many other softwares and become too bloated.

Those folks using the pro version, do you use Real time monitoring of system changes - during install of programs ?

I saw this feature in aShampoo uninstaller and had the opportunity to get the pro version for free but after reading various comments I decided against using it.

Mostly users said that installing software with this feature enabled could take a long time and was prone to failure with some software.

There were not very many who were happy with this feature.

Actully many people preferred to use Revo Free rather than aShampoo Pro and this was on a aShampoo 'friendly' website

All the best, woz of oz

Hi usefullll

No, the current free version is 1.83

The current Pro version is 2.0

But it probably won't be long before version 2.0 is made available as a free version, albeit without most of the extra functions that are in the pro version 2.0 - is my guess!

Cheers

solbjerg

Got a question regarding ..

Revo Uninstaller Freeware Revo Uninstaller Professional

Current Version: 1.83 Current Version: 2.0

?

The freeware version should be 2.0 ;-)?

Archived