IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Maxxwire's Farwell Warning

itsmejjj

jjj- I have been monitoring the Proxomotron by running it in its own Sandbox for a while now and it starts with 12 files in 14 folders with a footprint of 577 KB and it runs like that for most of the day, but a few days ago Proxomitron files and folders swelled first to 1 MB, and then 5MB, and yesterday it got up to 6 MB which I wasn;'t too concerned about but today when I checked it was up to over 50 MB and as I type this Poroxomitron has written a whopping 136 Files 79 Folders for a total of 83 MB written to the drive inside ots own private Sandbox and I am very concerned!

I did some investigation and for some reason for the very first time Poroxomitron has completely copied all of its 36 MB of program files to the drive which this Portable App runs just fine without because most of the time runs with the 577 KB footprint that it starts with.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/ProxoFolders-2.jpg

Drive 72.8 C= Program Files 3.89 MB + Windows 41.7= INF Setupapi.app 31.9 MB + System 32- Cat Root 2 9.83 MB

F= 32.3 Program Files

I= 152 KB GUI

User 4.22 MB

Why is Proxomitron now for the very first time copying Windows and System 32 files into its working space and what does it need my computer's Setupapi.app files for??? I read through these files and all they contain are intricate details of how HP set my computer up 2 years ago long before I bought it. Why is Poroxomitron so interested in 31.9 MB of these Setupapi.app files that it would copy them into the Sandbox??? What does it plan on doing with them when I know that it doesn't need them to function???

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/Proxo83MBinSandbox15-50.jpg

I may not have run this program for very long, but I do know that usually it runs just fine with 577 KB of files and I would like to know what it is doing now with 144 times as much data as it takes to run normally comprised primarily of Windows Setupapi.app and System 32- Cat Root data about how my computer was originally built???

~Maxx~

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proxomitron on the Loose!

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/PoroxomitronGathers115MBofData.jpg

In the time it took to write the last post Poroximitron gathered another 32 MB of data and the contents of those files are a real mind blower...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/PoroximitronCopiesIobitProxoFiles.jpg

jjj- I'm sorry, but it is just too much of a price to pay for the privacy that was promised would come from using this program. It is obvious that Proxomitron can be programmed to copy specific information with the intent of transmitting it back to the person who gave it its instructions. You have definitely proven to me that that you are a Master if not The Master! Thanks for all of your efforts to teach me how to use Proxomitron I had a lot of fun following your instructions and carefully applying them and I ended up learning a lot more than I ever bargained for. I want you to know that I have no hard feelings toward you for the way this all turned out quite to the contrary I have a much deeper respect for your computer knowledge because of it and hopefully I will be wiser for the experience. Thanks again for teaching me a most valuable lesson in computer security!

~Maxx~

ok first thing .you ran this in sand box! this is a no no..

now i cant answer what happened to your system ..here are my size files..

the directory where it sits .will not change 1 byte..if you run it .nothing will

or should change..the files -

same configured on 2 drives .exact size !

the other one is a different configured but no munch different.bar a few added files i edited ..

i do not know what is wrong on your system..or why .but it cannot copy !

to itself -or in its folder..

now you do not run it in sand box..-only your browser..i have never seen what i just saw..it cant gather any info..cannot write to itself.or some where else!

the second you saw it swell .you should of test it .for a virus! .

or what app or bug is doing this!

ok i read and re read your posts .and promise this .it cannot do this!

the first one i have use 1 year unchanged--or edited!! not 1 byte has been added!!!

i understand what you posted! so would i ..ok this program must never change in its size unless you or i add a file to it .

if not it stayed the same size..! for as long as one uses it..

now running it in sand box may be the problem? i do not know ..

or like i said you have a something in your system? that is leaking info.?

or adding it in sand box..now run it as normal -with out sand box..

do a check on the size..the proxco directory...it must not change..

then try it with sand box -run it out side ,check sand box if you still get the same! if you see files there that are not supposed to be there ,stop your pc.

run a virus check.first check proxco zise..should be xzacktly the same size!

ok run it in sand box ..say a few times .browsing ..if you get the same stop

its to do with sand box perhaps..

ok do not use JD files. !!!!.just use your running and correct proxco..

try this again ..---

i have run it same as you and nothing happened!

but NO JD ADDED--it was a test and play around...i did say this to you!

test it .play with it..watch it carefully..the idea was so we could -start from the start and edit .add to it as we went along.not run it as a main program

I have a much deeper respect for your computer knowledge because of it and hopefully I will be wiser for the experience.ok

yes and now do as i asked --

check your system.you know it! ,nothing should change,add ,or grow!

just not possible..--this app cannot do this .i understand the scare you received..

ok do not use JD files .till i take a hard look at this ..i still think its imposable.. but i will rip it apart looking .see what if any thing may be hidden .

even then i cant for the life see it can --write to itself our drive

never has or can ..

starts with 12 files in 14 folders with a footprint of 577 KB and it runs like that for most of the day, NO FOREVER !!!nothing can change here ..

just not possable...let me say it again

it never has!!

itsmejjj

ok as you see i run many different configured version of the program

but any of them stay the exact size .unless i add to it myself!

any how don't give up! ,see what has happened ,some thing stewed with the program.and i have no idea what..now as for it sending info as to someone .as in files ,not possible with this app! it cant upload or download..as in a mangier type program! .

and as stated cannot edit any other part of your or my SYSTEM!

itsmejjj

Maxxwire's Farwell Warning

jjj- I have been monitoring the Proxomotron by running it in its own Sandbox for a while now and it starts with 12 files in 14 folders with a footprint of 577 KB and it runs like that for most of the day, but a few days ago Proxomitron files and folders swelled first to 1 MB, and then 5MB, and yesterday it got up to 6 MB which I wasn;'t too concerned about but today when I checked it was up to over 50 MB and as I type this Poroxomitron has written a whopping 136 Files 79 Folders for a total of 83 MB written to the drive inside ots own private Sandbox and I am very concerned!

I did some investigation and for some reason for the very first time Poroxomitron has completely copied all of its 36 MB of program files to the drive which this Portable App runs just fine without because most of the time runs with the 577 KB footprint that it starts with.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/ProxoFolders-2.jpg

Drive 72.8 C= Program Files 3.89 MB + Windows 41.7= INF Setupapi.app 31.9 MB + System 32- Cat Root 2 9.83 MB

F= 32.3 Program Files

I= 152 KB GUI

User 4.22 MB

Why is Proxomitron now for the very first time copying Windows and System 32 files into its working space and what does it need my computer's Setupapi.app files for??? I read through these files and all they contain are intricate details of how HP set my computer up 2 years ago long before I bought it. Why is Poroxomitron so interested in 31.9 MB of these Setupapi.app files that it would copy them into the Sandbox??? What does it plan on doing with them when I know that it doesn't need them to function???

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/Proxo83MBinSandbox15-50.jpg

I may not have run this program for very long, but I do know that usually it runs just fine with 577 KB of files and I would like to know what it is doing now with 144 times as much data as it takes to run normally comprised primarily of Windows Setupapi.app and System 32- Cat Root data about how my computer was originally built???

~Maxx~

I finally found the answer for all of this-I talked with the computer tech who just rebuilt my Dad.s PC today and he told be that the INF Setupapi.app 31.9 MB and System 32- Cat Root 2 files that were removed through using Poroxomitron and the 8080 port that it uses the proxy with are manipulated by hackers to either infect or enslave the victim's computer!

This is my last post at the IObit Forum and I want to warn all of you good people about the dangers of letting a hacker entice you into using Poroxomitron. Fortunately Sandboxie allowed me to both catch and record the hacker's intrusion in time to prevent permanent damage.

So goodbye, it was a great year up until I was duped into using Poroxomitron and let the hacker do what he does best fortunately I was able to catch him with his hand in the cookie jar and even with this graphic proof I'm sure that e will deny it and continue to try to infect or enslave the computers of the good Members at IObit. I hope my misfortune will serve as an example to all of you not do be lured in by this hacker and his promises of anonymity because it is the road to ruin.

Maxxwire's Last Post at IObit

Archived