IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Need A new printer!!!!

garybear

Hi I need a new printer. I have a dinosaur. HP all in one 1350 printer scanner and copier. Its starting to cause me problems and I want a new one. I do not want another HP. Need some good advice for those that know ;the best and cheap would also be nice.---garybear Mine is 5-6 years old!!!!

My last one was a Lexmark and the inks where really expensive, not sure how much they are now tho.

But my current one is a Epson RX585 which is really good quality and i am really pleased with it so far, inks last for ages and inks are quite cheap £30-£35 for the set of 5 inks. I also use an Epson for my large format photography prints A2 which is a beast but the quality is also outstanding but expensive inks. So for quality i recommend Epson

I think nowadays the actual printers are a reasonable price, then you spend lots on inks. I have heard alot of good reviews on canon printers from my photography friends so i think they will be worth a looking into.

wrexe

Hi GB!!

Ink is certainly a factor to consider. If you find yourself printing many color images, then a printer that allows you to change each of the individual color components(there are three, usually) one at a time will be advantageous. The alternative is a printer using a cartridge that contains all three... when one component runs out you have to replace/refill the whole thing. You will also want to make sure the cartridges are easily and cheaply refilled... for instance,your local CVS pharmacy may offer this for $9.99 USD on sale $12.99 reg. If there is a "cartridge world" location nearby, also cheap! Beware that some manufacturers have cartridges that must be "reset", and thus aren't refillable at any local location. This is an attempt to force you to buy new cartridges, which in some cases equals 50 - 60% of the original cost of the printer!!! In this case (the one in which you often print color), better to spend more money on a machine up front, with individual color component cartridges, that are easily refillable.

If you rarely print color, a cheaper model will do.

Another question is how often do you scan/copy/fax?

Perhaps a good path to pursue would be for you to share your printing/copying/scanning/faxing habits... then maybe one of us could better give guidance!!

Peace be to you brother!

P.S. Wrexe is on with the epson having lots of individually refillable cartridges. The canon printers his/her friends refer to offer excellent resolution, but the cartridges must be reset, so are not cheap.

Hi friend

Hi garybear,

You have asked the hardest question ever.

Best and cheap?

Should we ask IObit to produce one?:lol:

Joke apart, what is your concern about the HP printers? :?:

Cheers.

Hi friend ,just would like to try some different. I'm trying to uninstall old HP. Its a real bitch. I'm in the registry and there must be a million HP. TRying to be carefyl but will orobably end up having to use Macrium.

Hi gary

Do you use it much?

And for what? Text or pictures?

The HP - is the problem there that it needs a cleaning?

I do not use mine very much and when I do mostly for text and only once in a while for pictures. It is more than 10 years old, but does an ok job for my need. I have cleaned it 4-5 times during the years. I usually clean it when it starts to labor a bit over the jobs demanded from it. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Mel

Ink is certainly a factor to consider. If you find yourself printing many color images, then a printer that allows you to change each of the individual color components(there are three) one at a time will be advantageous. The alternative is a printer using a cartridge that contains all three... when one component runs out you have to replace/refill the whole thing. You will also want to make sure the cartridges are easily and cheaply refilled... for instance,your local CVS pharmacy may offer this for $9.99 USD on sale $12.99 reg. If there is a "cartridge world" location nearby, also cheap! Beware that some manufacturers have cartridges that must be "reset", and thus aren't refillable at any local location. This is an attempt to force you to buy new cartridges, which in some cases equals 50 - 60% of the original cost of the printer!!! In this case (the one in which you often print color), better to spend more money on a machine up front, with individual color component cartridges, that are easily refillable.

Perhaps a good path to pursue would be for you to share your printing/copying/scanning/faxing habits... then maybe one of us could better give guidance!!

Peace be to you brother!

P.S. Wrexe is on with the epson having lots of individually refillable cartridges. The canon printers his/her friends refer to offer excellent resolution, but the cartridges must be reset, so are not cheap.

That's why I don't like this HP. Cartridges are 35$ and then they don't last. Its never printed very well. Its always given me trouble. I just want some thing new and improved.----garybear

Peace be to you!

So what are your printing, scanning,copying habits?? Do you print with alot of color??? Lots of pics??? Do you copy lots of docs??? How often do you scan/fax???

Your own usage pattern is the guidance to the best machine!

I'm sorry friends!!!

Hi friends. I'm sorry for late post. While trying to get all the registry entries deleted I crashed and had to use Macrium. I really don't use a printer that much. I'll probably just go to K-mart and get a cheap one. Thanks for everyone's post. I called a friend and they paid about 100$ for theirs. I guess I'll take a look at his. Sorry for the late post. God bless Macrium. Thanks friends.---garybear. This dxxx comodo is driving me nuts. If you sneeze it pops up and wants permission on every move I make. It might get kicked off before long.

Hi friends!!!

Hi friends. Back up and running after big mess trying to uninstall HP printer. Good old Macrium. Took solbjerg's advice and cleaned it up and its doing a lot better now. I don't know any thing about printers and thought I would ask the forum and then every thing went south trying to uninstall HP printer. I guess I'll wait awhile to get a new one. I really don't use a printer that much and if solbjerg's is 10 years old, I guess mine will do for now. I'm very sorry I was so slow to respond to my thread, things just went bad for me. Thanks for every one that posted.--garybear HP is a resource hog!!!!1.39GB and its hell to uninstall!!!

hi gary

Isn't it configurable?

About the cleaning of printer:

It is usually the sliding rod e.g, the rod that the printerhead slides on, that gets a bit dirty from rubbed off residue that then acts as an adhesive.

It is a good idea to clean it several times, until it slides without a murmur.

A roll of toilet paper and some (a little bit) of spirits go a long way :-)

These items are also readily at hand, even Canadian Hunter will work well I think :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Help Comodo is driving me crazy. If I sneeze its asks permission to allow or block. I'm about to kick it down the road!!!!

Hi solbjerg!!!

hi gary

Isn't it configurable?

It is usually the sliding rod e.g, the rod that the printerhead slides on, that gets a bit dirty from rubbed off residue that then acts as an adhesive.

These items are also readily at hand, even Canadian Hunter will work well I think :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi friend. I'm not wasting my Canadian Hunter on this piece of junk but will try to clean it up as it is really noisy. I've never cleaned it. Just don't ever try to uninstall it. You type HP in to search and two hours later its still searching, and you can't just hit the delete button as I found out. I don't know how you would ever get it completely off your PC unless you did a clean install with your CD. I'm really not happy with HP right now.:twisted:10.936 HP entries and that probably isn't all of them.

Help Comodo is driving me crazy. If I sneeze its asks permission to allow or block. I'm about to kick it down the road!!!!

sorry ta interfere but check the caps ta fix the problem i hope..

or slow this down ..

you may also want to untic the blocks (green ) ticked ..ones..every thins runs as should without it asking you every move..

itsmejjj

Hi sunny

garybear

read those regseeker items carefully as not all the hits in your screen shots relate to hp.

always found hp software uninstalls ok, the software for w7 hp is a big improvement over the xp and vista versions.

gary tell the wife to put windows 7 in your christmas stocking.

Hi sunny. I know all those items are not HP related and that's what makes it so hard to uninstall. Revo doesn't even scratch the surface. I like my XP3 but I might have to give it up when Bill stops supporting it. I'm to dang old for a whole lot of change. I don't learn as fast as I use to. I learn one thing and forget three things. Old age is not fun!! HP has over 10,000, (1.40GB's) entries and they are scattered all over the registry and its almost impossible to clean it off your PC. I guess I'll wait till I get Windows 7 and then get a new printer.---garybear

sorry ta interfere but check the caps ta fix the problem i hope..

or slow this down ..

you may also want to untic the blocks (green ) ticked ..ones..every thins runs as should without it asking you every move..

itsmejjj

Hi friend. You are never interfering when you post on my treads. Not sure what you mean untick the (green) ones. Also I don't know what the caps are. Thanks for your post my friend ,you are always welcome. You are an asset to the forum and well respected and don't ever forget that. Just be jjj. I never throw away my friends and you are my friend ,I hope.---garybear

Hi friend!!!

hi gary

Isn't it configurable?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg. I hope this is what your telling me. I changed the settings. You have to have one of them ticked.---garybear

gary look at my pictures . this should help you ..

jjj

Hi jjj. These pictures??? http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=34699&postcount=17 http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=34706&postcount=19 Aren't mine the same as your my friend??? I'm sorry I don't understand what your trying to tell me ,But I'm trying very hard to understand. Thanksjjj

yes try it see how you go -just jot down the changes

it should hold of the nagging..

if it fails reset it..but i have this on my one and get the odd pop up..

..itsmejjj

the red arrow you hit and it pop up the page we are talking about .as you move the slider it tells you the degree of setting of warnings..

now the green ticks leave as is as shown for now..

yes try it see how you go -just jot down the changes

it should hold of the nagging..

if it fails reset it..but i have this on my one and get the odd pop up..

..itsmejjj

the red arrow you hit and it pop up the page we are talking about .as you move the slider it tells you the degree of setting of warnings..

now the green ticks leave as is as shown for now..

Hi jjj. Is this right???

Archived