IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Im NEW here and Need Help Please

MissNiss

Hi gals and guys,

Here is some info from Microsoft.

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows Vista and Windows XP

You may have to reinstall or to repair Internet Explorer in Windows Vista and Windows XP if you have problems with Internet Explorer because of damaged files or missing registration information.

Methods to follow for Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8

Method 1: Reset the Internet Explorer settings

If you have Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8 installed, you can repair damaged files or missing registration information in Internet Explorer 7 or in Internet Explorer 8. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Start Internet Explorer.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
  3. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
  4. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset to confirm.

Method 2: Reinstall Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8

For Internet Explorer 7

To download and reinstall Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP, visit the following Microsoft Download Center Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9AE91EBE-3385-447C-8A30-081805B2F90B

For Internet Explorer 8

To download and reinstall Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP, visit the following Microsoft Download Center Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/?ocid=ie8_s_ad7fa1d4-a75b-4df7-ad63-f581977282a8 )

Cheers.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!

It was late and I didn't clarify. I only meant that problems I've had with explorer have always been unrelated to explorer itself. Didn't mean to confuse!

Thank you Enoskype and Garybear!

Question for miss! Are you still having freezing/high RAM problems?? If so, garybears suggestion and Enoskypes pathways will probably help!

Hi

Hi I know nothing about Vista. I would try enoskype's reset solution first and then a over the top install of IE8 .If still have a problem. Check out Troubleshooting_Windows_Internet_Explorer link. PS. If you get into trouble. remember you have the restore to an earlier date option to get you back where you were. (System Restore) http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad93/gandorwig/zzz1003.gif

Hi all

I tried the reset of the IE8 so im gonna see how that works with the issues of IE8 freezing. So Far So Good! :razz:

Loving the smiley splat on the windshield!

Miss may not still be having the IE freeze anymore. We will just have to wait and hope lil miss comes back! Today I was the bug!!

Archived