IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't scan with IObit 360!

blacksea

I don't know blacksea !!!

Cheers.

Oh, well. That was my question of the threat. But isn't it good for IObit to get to know why I couldn't scan it? Maybe it is a bug or IObit can't scan some files. Or that some file can block for beeing scanned. Just wondering. I just posted it for theire own goods.

Blacksea.

You have done great blacksea, and I am sure that IObit is interested with that file and behaviour of IS 360.

It will be useful if you send PM or e-mail to Tim Xue. He may lead you what to do with the file.

Cheers.

Dear enoskype,

I did what you said and send a PM to Tim Xue. I hope he will give me a reply soon. And I will let you hear what he said.

Blacksea.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear enoskype,

Tim Xue referred me to send a email to support@iobit.com.

I did and here is the reply;

Hello Blacksea,

Thank you for writing to us.

For your concern, could you please compress that file with a password and send it to us for further investigation as we fail to reproduce the same condition.

We highly appreciate your support of IObit.

I don't know what they mean by compressing the file with a password. If they want, I can give them the link. If you go to the link it will immediatly try to download the file.

Note: I just went to the same website to download it again. This time the file has a other name and also this time Avast detects it. The older file Avast didn't detect. But still I can't scan the file with IS360.

Blacksea

Watch Out With The Link !!

Here is the link I was talking about. If a 'EXPERT' wants to investigate for him self, he can go to the link and download it.

DON'T JUST CLICK ON IT !! It will immediate trying to download.

EDIT: .........................................................../pic855.pif

blacksea, please delete the link immediatelly, I will explain you how to compress with password.

Cheers.

EDIT: I have deleted it.

NOTE: Some words in deleting.

If there is a link to a malware or malware site, this page will be flagged as dangerous by McAfee Site Advisor and as such, and so the IObit Forum will be flagged as dangerus site as happened when the samples were given in IS360 section. So never give a link to a known malware site or to a malware directly, even if you don't know if it is malware. So control the link before posting.

Compressing with password!!!

OK blacksea, please use WinRAR.

Right click on the file to be compessed, click "Add to archive", "Archive name and parameters" window will be opened, click Advanced tab, click "Set password..." button, "Archiving with password" window will be opened, enter a password, reenter it again, click "OK" button.

Click General tab, and choose ZIP "Archive format", click OK.

Send the ZIP file by e-mail to support@iobit.com including the password in the e-mail.

Cheers.

Sorry!

I'm sorry enoskype for putting the link on the forum!

I did it because I didn't know what he meant with compressing the file.

So enoskype, I have to download that trojan again, so I can compress that file ?

It's a high risk trojan according to A-squared and a buffer of overflow of trojans according to Comodo. So I actually don't want to risk my computer for it. So if there is a other solution, I'd like to hear. If not, then i'd do that way..

blacksea

Dear enoskype,

I have downloaded winRAR and tried to follow your instructions.

Unfortunatly I wasn't able to 'compress' the file with winRAR.

You can see it on the attachment.

What also is weird that Avast detects it as a malware, but I also can't scan it with Avast. Just like IS360 there is no scan option available when I right-click the infected file. Again only with a-squared and mamb.

EDIT: Before you ask, I was able to compress all the other files in the same map.

Blacksea

When I tried to send a email to IObit. Hotmail didn't let me send the file.

You can see see it on the attachment.

I will translate it to English; The Hicjack Analyse contains a unknown virus. For your own security and for the others, you can not send infected files further.

Blacksea

Archived