IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 3.4.1 Free - with WinXP and IE8

n9wys

I have Advanced SystemCare v 3.4.1 Free which I use with WinXP and IE8. Since upgrading to the latest version of ASC, I have noticed that IE8 does not seem to remember which cookies I have blocked permanently.

For example, I have disabled automatic cookie handling, and have it set to prompt me before accepting any third party cookies. When I get thr prompt, I check the box to remember my decision (whatever it may be - usually blocked), but the next time I start IE, it doesn't seem to remember this choice.

Additionally, I have certain pages I use regularly (with care, of course) such as eBay and Yahoo on which I have selected to allow popups (which I usually block otherwise) but IE doesn't remember these per site privacy action settings, either.

All of this has happened since I last upgraded ASC. Is there something in ASC (or maybe IE8) that I have selected that I need to change so these settings are remembered? If so, I can't seem to find it. Or is this some nasty coincidence - maybe caused by one of Microsoft's "bug fixes"?

Thanks!

Mark

Process of Elimination

To remove an question of compatibility,(which I seriously doubt),I would uninstall ASC,including the folder.Look back to IE and insure you have the correct settings,or maybe throw it a reset for good measure.Go out for a surf and see what happens.Lets start there before we discuss ASC settings.Cheers.

Archived