IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Before I can purchase ASC Pro

MidRange

I am considering moving up to The Pro product but before I can do that I need a question answered as to a serious glitch I have encountered on the 'Free' Version:

When I use the Maintain Windows/Spyware Detection and do a Scan & Repair as soon as it is finished "repairing" I will run another scan and the same exact screen with either 20 or 21 errors are detected as if nothing had been repaired At All.

I truly don't understand and of course it makes me hesitant to purchase the Product.

Please, what would You do if you found yourself in my position?

Thank You for your giving your attention to this matter... & Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Whomever is reading this submission right now!!

Sincerely,

MidRange

Exit ASC ?

When I use the Maintain Windows/Spyware Detection and do a Scan & Repair as soon as it is finished "repairing" I will run another scan and the same exact screen with either 20 or 21 errors are detected as if nothing had been repaired At All.

Hi, I can't stay long here but just want to ask a few questions about this:

...as soon as it is finished "repairing" I will run another scan...

Do you Close or Exit (X) ASC before running the next scan ?

If not I would try that and see what happens.

Are the Errors always the same ? Please list them or post a screeshot.

If you are unsure how to do a screenshot and post it here, go to Usage of IObit Products - Screenshots and Attachments in the Forum

To capture the screenshot, you can also use FastStone Capture (free version, very handy tool)

Thank You for your giving your attention to this matter... & Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Whomever is reading this submission right now!!

Sincerely,

MidRange

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, your family and friends :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Merry Christmas and Thank You Both Wozofoz & Melvin, for responding ~~ Your concern and reply on Christmas Eve No Less is Gratefully Appreciated.

As to the version I have installed it's V.3.4.1 ~~ I trust that is the latest.

As to my problem as I reported, well I did as you requested Woz, and closed the program and even rebooted just to be sure... when I came back in it was exactly the same ~~ Then I closed and rebooted again and waited 3 hours and alas it was a carbon copy. Now Friday it's a full 24 hours later [well actually 22...] and I just ran ASC it and got the same results.. I took a screen shot in each instance and all reported cookies are even in the same exact order. No change whatsoever ~~ that's difficult to understand why...

For the sake of brevity I have not attached the screen shot. Now I also run AVG V.9.0 and also have a registered Pertologic AntiSpyware loaded and I am wondering if somewhere between the three of these programs ~~ as well as Internet Explorer V.8 ~~ if there isn't some command I could load that would block each and every instance of these Tracking Cookies ~~ I've looked and have read all the instructions & FAQ's but I just can't figure out how to do such.

Is what I am suggesting possible?? My gut instinct tells me it should... and if not with any of these 3 surely there must be something out there where I could manually circumvent them somehow. Logically it should be possible, shouldn't it??!

Again Thank You so much for your interest and help ~~ And May The New Year fill you and whomever else reads this Thread with so many Blessings you'll have a hard time finding enough Room to contain them all!!

Pax

Midrange

Blocking specific cookies!

Hi MidRange,

The easiest way is to go to Internet Options, either directly from the browser, or from Control Panel=>Internet Options.

It is self explanatory in the screenshot below. Enter the address of the web site you want to block the cookie in the box and click Block Button.

There are exceptions to the cookies which can be blocked there though. (Fx. adtm.com)

So, our help will be limited if we do not know which cookies can not be blocked as described above.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3640&d=1261788760

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you and yours.

Cheers.

Thank You Enoskype, as always for the information I requested. I think it will be a time consuming project which I will attempt shortly. Just for my edification, are there similar venues in the three programs I mentioned that I have as well... ASC, AVG and Paretologic's Anti Spyware?? Redundancy in this cause might be a good thing I think.

Thanks Again To You All!

Midrange

Hello Again Enoskype!

You as well as the other 2 Gentlemen have suggested I upload a screenshot and the directions herein for uploading suggest that they be converted to a .jpeg ~~ I normally use my wordpad replacement called Jarte which saves such as an .rtf Rich Text File and I was wondering if it would be permissible to upload said screenshot in the Rich Text format?? [i ask because it is a common convention but not listed in the directions concerning attached files]

As to your other suggestion I am not as familiar with the procedure as I think I need to be... as far as immunization goes

Should I first upload the screen shot now saved as 12-26-09.rtf and wait for your input and advice? I do note that the .rtf file which I have is approximately 4,750 KB and potentially too large for uploading??

Also I am unclear on what you meant when you said:

"immunize all (4565+4810+218 ) of the items"

Specifically what do the numbers represent?

Thank You for your quick response.. as always it is much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Midrange

Hi MidRange,

When you click on "Diagnose System" on the main GUI, there will be "System Optimization", "Security Defense", "Disk Defragment", and "Security Analizer" on the right pane.

After clicking Scan button at the bottom, all those will be scanned, and on the right, there will be either No problems., or xxx problems found. links.

Click on it and there will open" Details:Security Defense" window. On the left pane, you will see Infection Defense, Website Defense, and Cookies Defense.

Click on each of them, you will see number of items protected on the right pane.

Click "Select All" button and "Apply" button for each and then "OK" button.

Click "Repair" button, and all will be immunized.

You should follow the same routine with "Maintain windows" also.

Please read USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread in Lounge section, there are tons of information about ASC there.

You can not upload other type of files as attachment if it is not shown on the list with the max. uploadable size for each file type.

The easiest way is to use the prtscr (print screen) key on the keyboard and paste it to MS Paint and save it as jpeg file.

All are explained in the above link also.

Cheers.

OK MidRange,

Click on Utilities, click on "Admin tools" tab on the right, click on "Windows Manager" icon on the right.

Win Manager window will be opened. Click on Cookies Manager on the left pane. Click on the checkbox of address on the right pane, and click "Delete Item" button at the bottom.

Scan with ASC again and see if the cookies stil exist in "Spyware Removal" !!!

Cheers.

Archived