IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Virus on my computer???

Gaming Magic

I used to play World of Warcraft and Counter Strike:Source,the games ran fine. Was able to play them for about 2 months and all the sudden my PC started running really slow,then games started freezing,I tried all sorts of other games and it did the same thing,I have a hijack scan which i will attach.If this isnt adware/malware what else could it be?

Logfile of IObit HijackScan v1.0.0.0

Scan saved at 12:9:5, on 2009-12-28

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360srv.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\is360.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360tray.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\infocard.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\a_hijackscan.exe

O4 - HKCU|\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [Weather] C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe 1

O4 - HKLM|\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [iObit Security 360] C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360tray.exe

O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler (Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler) - Unknown -

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Unknown -

O23 - Service: IS360service (IS360service) - Unknown -

O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Unknown -

O23 - Service: LiveUpdate (LiveUpdate) - Unknown -

O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Unknown -

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - Unknown -

O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 (Pml Driver HPZ12) - Unknown -

O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (DellSupportCenter) (sprtsvc_DellSupportCenter) - Unknown -

O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service (Viewpoint Manager Service) - Unknown -

Hi Gaming Magic,

pyrath is right, have a look at those:

http://net-studio.org/eng/patch/patch/138.html?task=view

Remove Anti-Virus Elite, AntiVirus Elite removal help

23 Dec 2009 ... Anti-Virus Elite is yet another rogue security application. It presents itself as a virus remover while it's actually a computer infection.

www.spywarevoid.com/remove-anti-virus-elite-antivirus-elite-removal-help.html -

-------------------------------

Try running with Weather Bug off.

C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe

If you don't have the Norton, what is the following for?

C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe

Please check the following with VirusTotal: Even if it is clean, I would try to stop the service and try.

Check your Java if it is the latest one 1.6.0_18

Download JavaRa and run to get rid of old Java clutter.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

alright sorry it took so long,i couldnt find webroot so im gonna try avast,2nd im removing elite anti virus and going to try running without weatherbug,if this doesnt work could it just be like graphic cards?i know i have updated my computer recently and it has ran a bit faster but the games still freeze so if this stuff doesnt work im open to more suggestions =)

Hi gaming Magic,

Me also play CS:S. If you can tell me your computer details, like graphic card what version of DirectX you have installed etc. I can help you a bit more if you want with playing and smoothing CS:S. I have also a config for it, but before we do that, pls give some details about your hard drives.

Blacksea

alright sorry it took so long,i couldnt find webroot so im gonna try avast,2nd im removing elite anti virus and going to try running without weatherbug,if this doesnt work could it just be like graphic cards?i know i have updated my computer recently and it has ran a bit faster but the games still freeze so if this stuff doesnt work im open to more suggestions =)

Please check the following with VirusTotal: Even if it is clean, I would try to stop the service and try.

Hi enoskype,

this is what systemuplook says about the file.

Viewpoint Manager Service ViewpointService.exe Related to Viewpoint_Manager Service. AdAware. It is recommended that you remove this program. Note: More:,http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546 Note: Additional info:,http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_137262.htm Note: Located in \%Program Files%\Viewpoint\Common\

http://www.systemlookup.com/search.php?type=filename&search=ViewpointService.exe&s=

alright here are the specs i can get,graphics card idk how to get to,do i have to take my tower apart or is it in system info? but here are the specs that I CAN find

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz 2.99 GHZ, 515 MB of Ram

Dear gaming magic,

I don't know it you are using ASC but if you are using it, pls do the following.

Start it up go to "Utilities" -> "Admin tools" -> "System information".

If that is open, do the same as me in the attachment, and take a similar snapshot so I can have a look.

|I presume you have Windows XP installed"

If you don't have ASC, go to your desktop.

Right click and go to properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Adapter.

Enoskype is right, 512 mb of total ram is just to low to play proper a game.

What you can do is lowering your graphic details and lower the resolution in game. Also use Gamebooster of IObit.

And try this.

Go to steam -> Games -> rightclick CS:S -> Properties -> Set launch option -> Past the following in to the line. "-w 640 -h 480 -refresh 60 -dxlevel 80 -nocrashdialog -dev"

since it wont take a screen shot im just gonna type what it says Adapter Type=NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Adapter Info: Chip Type:GeForce FX 5200

DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC

Memory Size: 128 MB

Adapter String: GeForce FX 5200

Bios Info: Version 4.34.20.22.BF

Direct X version: 9.0c(4.09.0000.0904

since it wont take a screen shot im just gonna type what it says Adapter Type=NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Adapter Info: Chip Type:GeForce FX 5200

DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC

Memory Size: 128 MB

Adapter String: GeForce FX 5200

Bios Info: Version 4.34.20.22.BF

Direct X version: 9.0c(4.09.0000.0904

Update your graphic card.

And also update your DirectX version with the link enoskype gave a reply before.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

Go to this link and select the right options.

Then download it and install it.

with the graphics card do you mean go out and buy a new one? which i can do, or just update it of the nvidia site? and im a bit confused on searching for the correct properties on the driver update site, can u give me a tad bit of help on that one?

I mean updating your graphic card, not buying other one.

There are 2 options, you can choose and select your graphic card details or it can do it for you. If you hesitate, then do option 2 like in the attachment.

Also.

Try using the turboboost function of Advanced System Care (as the new version of Gamebooster has a bug), also the SmartRam utility in Advanced System Care. Upgrade your memory as it costs less than the games you are trying to run and is very simple to do.

EDIT:The bug in GB is not a bug for everybody.

Archived