IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 3.4.1.685 Free Windows 2000 User Problems

MikeAldea

ASC Free does not appear to be particularly compatible with Windows 2000. When anyone other than the Administrator attempts to use ASC they get a pop up window message that Administrator privledges are required to run ASC. ASC will then open up for Power Users who can then run scans. ASC will not open for regular Users at all.

The Error log contains the following after a regular User attempt to open ASC:

12/28/2009 11:12:37 AM

Version=3.4.1.685(3.4.1.685)

OS Info=Windows 2000

Exception Type=Exception

Error Message=CreateDefragThreadError

Any suggestions on how to get ASC to work for Users or how the Administrator can scan the User's profile?

Hi! Welcome to Iobit forum!

The problem is not within ASC, but within your windows.

There is a way to enable your ASC to be run by all users in your 2000. I personally have never used 2000, so I can't give you the exact pathway. You must find the properties associated with ASC, then change the security details within properties to allow all users access to ASC. Perhaps another member will post here with the exact pathway. In later versions of windows, it is easy... by right clicking on the desktop Icon, choosing properties, then security, then modifying the permissions.

By the way, there is a newly released version of ASC available. Version 3.4.2

You may want to get it. Look to this thread: ASC 3 version 3.4.2 is released here: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=5529

Hi Mike & enoskype,

I stopped running the Win 2000 machine about 6 months ago. (Had trouble finding compatable Antivirus & Firewalls!). I never had any problems like that when I did run it.You might try a clean install of the new version and see if it runs.

samr.

Archived