IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Adding mem saved in next version

So what you are saying is Game Booster improves your performance in 2 ways,

1) It runs a utility that improves speed.

2) It stops unnecessary services.

Now back to my question:

Is the displayed mem saved a net savings (including Game Booster and other software it runs)? Or is this not a true number because other software actually brings this number down?

Also, If Game Booster is running "speed up" software, will it cause me to be kicked from game servers? I ask this as recently I have been kicked from Steam servers stating that Steam could not authenticate me as a user.

OK, I think I figured it out.

Turn off auto minimize and it shows. Turn on auto minimize and after you enlarge, the info. isn't there.

This is a bug.

I still have a question, is the mem saved net ram saved that includes the memory used my Game Booster??

now i can see it :-D

Hi masterblaster,

If I understand your question correctly, and taking into acount the quote below:

Originally Posted by IObit Guy http://forums.iobit.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

Game Booster does not touch your hardware or system settings. It only closes background process and services temporarily, so after a reboot, everything will be normal.

The saved memory is the total memory including every running process at that time (since at the time of running of GB, it includes the the total memory used by GB).

For your other question of speeding, as it is a passive speed up, it will not cause any kicking from servers. (Unless you have chosen a service or a program to be closed which is needed by the server.)

I hope this is clear enough. :smile:

Cheers.

I think it is not a bug!

One more thing, in my opinion it is not a bug, but purposely made that the memory saved is not shown if you use automatic minimization, as you may have not noticed that every time GB is restored from minimization, it wants permission to connect to internet and after the restoration of the window, the real saved memory will not be the same as it was first run and minimized automatically.

Cheers.

One more thing, in my opinion it is not a bug, but purposely made that the memory saved is not shown if you use automatic minimization, as you may have not noticed that every time GB is restored from minimization, it wants permission to connect to internet and after the restoration of the window, the real saved memory will not be the same as it was first run and minimized automatically.

Cheers.

I don't agree with this statement.

1) It removed the saved mem information not only when auto-minimized but when minimized period. This makes no sense. Why put it there if it disappears?

2) I don't get any type of message when GB is restored. This is Vista's BS UAC message that you are getting that has nothing to do with memory.

3) I have no idea what this means "the real saved memory will not be the same as it was first run and minimized automatically."

This is simply a bug that needs to be fixed. It is not a planned occurance.

I don't agree with this statement.

1) It removed the saved mem information not only when auto-minimized but when minimized period. This makes no sense. Why put it there if it disappears?

2) I don't get any type of message when GB is restored. This is Vista's BS UAC message that you are getting that has nothing to do with memory.

3) I have no idea what this means "the real saved memory will not be the same as it was first run and minimized automatically."

This is simply a bug that needs to be fixed. It is not a planned occurance.

Perhaps, I didn't explain it good enough.

It disappears, because it is not correct saved memory anymore if system tray icon of GB is clicked and the window of GB seen again!!!

After minimization (be it automatic or manual) of the Game Booster, by design, when maximized (window on the desktop), it is connected to internet, for checking, updating, whatever the reason, and because of that, MEMORY IS USED period. Then the memory saved is changed because there will be less total memory for the reason of GB using some more memory, correct?

At that time, the saved memory is not the same as the saved memory before minimization. So, if it showed the memory as before minimization to system tray, it SHULD NOT BE THE CORRECT SAVED MEMORY this time because it should have showed the same memory saving as before minimization.

Result:

If it showed the memory after minimization and then opening the main GB window, it should not be the correct memory saved because of GB using some of the saved memory.

If it is a bug (I doubt it), and author corrects it as you say, then whatever seen as the saved RAM on the GUI after minimization and then showing the main window, will not be correct and it will certainly be a bug then.

It could only be statistical history of the saved RAM.

OK, you may be right, it may not be a planned design, but I am not convinced to show it the same after minimization and then showing in the main window afterwards, IObit may well be convinced, please write to them.

Cheers.

Archived