IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

[SOLVED] ASC window display problem

wizaard

I've been using ASC for quite a while on several PC's in my family and also in families to whom I kinda make "PC support" for :-) (desktops, laptops - Windows XP, Vista, 7) and never occurred any problem. I've upgraded my ThinkPad to Windows 7 (from Vista) via original upgrade media and also no problem found. Lately I reinstalled the system from Product Recovery Media for Windows 7 I bought from Lenovo (I wanted to have the ThinkPad in the factory default which couldn't be done via the upgrade media) and since that time the ASC hasn't worked - the program's window has default English language and is totally unusable. (See the screenshot.)

I don't understand where the problem may be but I tried to pinpoint it with quite a little success - the ASC behaves this way only when the user account has some special local characters in it (e.g. "ě" - my user name is "Matěj"), when I create a new user with this kind of name, it doesn't work. But as soon as the user name has no special characters (like "test"), ASC works like a charm. Strange...

In the ASC's log I found that the "path doesn't exist" which is understandable because it tries to search for "Matej" but not "Matěj" so naturally it doesn't find anything.

There is no problem with the registry, all system paths are OK, that's why I don't get where the problem may be. Anyone has a suggestion?

Thanks for your replies and suggestions but I've done that many times with no result. Even though I've tried it once more using the BitRemover 1.1 you suggested with no result again.

Special characters in my user name seem to be problem. But how to solve it?

Hi Wizaard,

Which localization is the OS installed? And wich language are you using for "Select a language to match the language version of the non_Unicode programs you want to use:" in the Advanced tab of "Regional and Language Options"?

It seems that you are using very old version ASC 3.0.0. After clean uninstall, please download and install the recent version ASC 3.4.2.

It may be Scan .avi, scan.gif problem in skin, black and white folders.

Cheers.

I'm from the Czech Republic, so all these settings are set to "Czech (Czech Republic)". The default regional settings are also Czech, all users, new users and the current user are set to Czech as well.

Where the hell may be the problem? Has Lenovo screwed something in their MUI's?

take out the special characters it may help

Nice one but I won't change my user name only because of one program, unless it's vitally important.

Hi wizard

An updated Lenovo MUI language pack may help.

The Czech language file - is that the latest and is it written/saved in Unicode?

Clean Install where you also delete the leftover program folder before installing again - is that how you have done it?

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm from the Czech Republic, so all these settings are set to "Czech (Czech Republic)". The default regional settings are also Czech, all users, new users and the current user are set to Czech as well.

Where the hell may be the problem? Has Lenovo screwed something in their MUI's?

Nice one but I won't change my user name only because of one program, unless it's vitally important.

Hi wizard

In the czech lng. file - do you see any errors?

Characters not shown correctly?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi wizard

An updated Lenovo MUI language pack may help.

The Czech language file - is that the latest and is it written/saved in Unicode?

Clean Install where you also delete the leftover program folder before installing again - is that how you have done it?

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, I've done clean install several times. The language pack is the latest one shipped with 3.4.2 version.

Most definitely I won't be able to get the lastest MUI language pack because I have "only" Windows 7 Professional, not the Ultimate one capable of installing MUI packs.

does czech have its own language or is it russian thats spoken.

visited slovakia a while back and russian was well spoken.

I guess you would still be able to communicate in Russian here - older people would still understand this language, but since we've not been a part of Soviet Union for a while, the number of people speaking and understanding Russian is getting smaller. Moreover the Russian is no more compulsory language at schools, so younger generations, like mine, don't understand a word.

ASC display problem

I've been using ASC for quite a while on several PC's in my family and also in families to whom I kinda make "PC support" for :-) (desktops, laptops - Windows XP, Vista, 7) and never occurred any problem. I've upgraded my ThinkPad to Windows 7 (from Vista) via original upgrade media and also no problem found. Lately I reinstalled the system from Product Recovery Media for Windows 7 I bought from Lenovo (I wanted to have the ThinkPad in the factory default which couldn't be done via the upgrade media) and since that time the ASC hasn't worked - the program's window has default English language and is totally unusable. (See the screenshot.)

I don't understand where the problem may be but I tried to pinpoint it with quite a little success - the ASC behaves this way only when the user account has some special local characters in it (e.g. "ě" - my user name is "Matěj"), when I create a new user with this kind of name, it doesn't work. But as soon as the user name has no special characters (like "test"), ASC works like a charm. Strange...

In the ASC's log I found that the "path doesn't exist" which is understandable because it tries to search for "Matej" but not "Matěj" so naturally it doesn't find anything.

There is no problem with the registry, all system paths are OK, that's why I don't get where the problem may be. Anyone has a suggestion?

Hi Wizaard,

Could you please try clean install one more time.

Make sure delete all program files and directories

Usually path: "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3"

"C:\Documents and Settings\User name\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare"

Moreover, please use the search function of your computer to see whether there are still leftover files and remove them.

Reboot your computer, and reinstall latest ASC V3.4.2 to see whether you still have this issue.

No, I'm always using the latest version, currently 3.4.2, as you've mentioned. So this is not the problem.

Again I've tried to clean uninstall and reinstall the app (using both BitRemover and deleting all ASC folders in Program Files and user folder) but the problem remains. Here is the error log:

12/31/2009 4:32:23 PM
Version=3.0.0.51(3.4.2.691)
OS Info=Windows 7
Exception Type=EFCreateError
Error Message=Cannot create file "C:\Users\Matej\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare\Main.ini". Systém nemuže nalézt uvedenou cestu.

OS Info=Windows 7
Exception Type=EAccessViolation
Error Message=Access violation at address 0051CB9D in module 'AWC.exe'. Read of address 00000000

OS Info=Windows 7
Error Message=Access violation at address 00512630 in module 'AWC.exe'. Read of address 00000000

OS Info=Windows 7
Error Message=Access violation at address 0050FE6B in module 'AWC.exe'. Read of address 00000000

OS Info=Windows 7
Error Message=Access violation at address 00510690 in module 'AWC.exe'. Read of address 00000000

OS Info=Windows 7
Error Message=Access violation at address 0050E847 in module 'AWC.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Even though it creates all those INI files, it still claims they're not created. The path in the error log file is wrong - instead of "Matej" there should be "Matěj", as I have mentioned in the beginning.

EDIT: I'm not sure whether I've pointed out one fact - no other computer with Windows 7 installed suffers from this problem. The problem didn't even occur on my computer prior to the recovery process.

• 3 weeks later...

Fixed - the issue was (of course) on the side of the notebook's manufacturer, the Lenovo. It's really funny but the only thing that was necessary to do to make it work was to open the regional settings and click on "default settings" and that was all... now everything works like a charm.

I've noticed that in all programs the date was not properly "localized" - instead of "local" time and date the international English appeared. Thus an idea struck my mind, I tried this "last resort" default button and suddently it started working! The MUI language package probably didn't overwrite all the regional system settings so only this simple procedure made it work.

Anyway - thanks to all for your time and help. I appreciate that!

Archived