IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Installing ASC Pro on New Hard Disk

JerryDal

I purchased ASC Pro to try to resolve problems with my Windows XP (SP3) computer. Internet Explorer 8 will not start since about a year ago when I installed it. Going through the motions of re-installing IE 7 made no difference. I use ASC program removal on IE 8 and then the hour-glass appeared for the longest time, so I gave up on that. Microsoft will not allow certain downloads unless IE is running, such as Visual Basic related downloads, so I would like to have IE working again.

Question: If I buy a new hard disk can I register ASC again with my current license number, with a new disk? The old hard disk will be a secondary drive for storage and so I can access my old files and software. I prefer adding a new disk to formatting my old disk.

Thanks.

Jerry

Hi JerryDal,

If you use a new hard disk you can register ASC again with your current license number, unless you don't change your CPU together with the disk.

Changing Hard Disk and CPU together invalidates the license. (Fx., A new PC/Laptop)

Cheers.

Archived