IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

dllhost.exe

colsemm

Dllhost.exe shows up as using over 50% of my processor resourses - I'm told this is a registry problem but Windowsonecare tell me I've no registry problems

Anyone else experiencing dllhost problems or indeed know how to either solve my problem or what is causing it ?

Thank you - please note - I am totally non-technical so please keep your answers VERY simple

ColinS

my operating system is vista

and no dllhost only shows >50% when it seems to be invoked when I look at files in a given directory - i.e. my music files

I don't really know where to look - I can't believe I am the only person with this problem but there's nothing on the microsoft forums - well nothing I can find anyway

Windowsonecare does not report any problems on my system ?? but then again perhaps its not looking for this

Thank you

Well, if it's any consolation you're not alone. A quick Google of "Vista dllhost.exe" pulls up bunches of hits, but nothing really useful. People seem to blame the high CPU usage on everything from Nero 6.6 to uTorrent to McAfee to Norton. Running any of those by chance? At any rate, it reads like it may be an incompatibility between Vista and some other application. Short story is I'm afraid I won't be able to help. Anyone else know anything about this?

well thank you Dave for at least trying - its 'comforting' to know there are others out there with a similar problem - but no I'm not running any of those applications - it does seem that certain files only cause the problem to occur so I am deleting them as I find them - its OK only downloaded files!!

ColinS

colsemm,

Like JustDave said, it is most probably incompatibility with another application.

I have tried hard to provoke dllhost. exe (COM surrogate) in my Vista Ultimate without any success to have it using high CPU, but I don't use third party Codecs, which are accused by some to be the cause.

It may be useful to have a look to the discussions on this link.

Archived