IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

!!!Toxic Download Warning!!!

Maxxwire

It appears that emotions are understandibly high concerning several matters! Often unreined emotions detract from truth and solutions!

Just an observation... that's all!:wink:

its been a very bad 4 days,and yes i need ta take it slower..i think i got things back under control..thank you for that i need ta be told sometimes..

jjj

Hi jjj and all,

Maxx could have gotten the infection somewhere else : it's possible but unlikely. Unlikely because he was in the sandbox, but it's possible. Unlikely because what he had were iFrames and not a full blown Virut, meaning infected executable files. Then again, maybe an antivirus scan would have found Virut in some files in his sandbox at that moment, who knows. It becomes even more unlikely when the "sender" (meaning you here) has found a few traces of that infection on his own system. Now you're telling me that it was your test machine that had those traces and not the regular PC ; Ok, I hear ya, but if you have removable flash units that you use at home (like USB sticks), then the infection could have jumped over easily enough.

This is not easy to troubleshoot from a distance because I can't get the specific files Maxx got that day, unless you can assure me you have the exact same, unaltered set still in your possession. That's a difficult one because the iFrames could have been there that day and gone from a scan the next hour.

Sorry to hear you've had a bad few days dude... but you're still alive so all is good (joke). It does have an effect on the outcome when tempers flare up ; I think you realize that. Too bad you guys couldn't sit down and discuss rather than, well, this. You two could have found the source fairly easily if you had teamed up.

Your English isn't that bad from some of your posts I've read in other topics ; it seems to slip a bit when things heat up though. Something to work on for 2010 maybe ? :wink:

Oh and by the way : if someone is attacking you or this site, it ain't me or anyone I know. Diplomacy is my game, not malicious warfare 8-)

If someone can show me a way to leave this nice Hotel, gimme a buzz..:mrgreen:

===

Hi so_sad

Thank you for your nice contribution - no reason to leave this hotel -even if you could :-) not_bad

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi jjj and all,

Maxx could have gotten the infection somewhere else : it's possible but unlikely. Unlikely because he was in the sandbox, but it's possible. Unlikely because what he had were iFrames and not a full blown Virut, meaning infected executable files. Then again, maybe an antivirus scan would have found Virut in some files in his sandbox at that moment, who knows. It becomes even more unlikely when the "sender" (meaning you here) has found a few traces of that infection on his own system. Now you're telling me that it was your test machine that had those traces and not the regular PC ; Ok, I hear ya, but if you have removable flash units that you use at home (like USB sticks), then the infection could have jumped over easily enough.

This is not easy to troubleshoot from a distance because I can't get the specific files Maxx got that day, unless you can assure me you have the exact same, unaltered set still in your possession. That's a difficult one because the iFrames could have been there that day and gone from a scan the next hour.

Sorry to hear you've had a bad few days dude... but you're still alive so all is good (joke). It does have an effect on the outcome when tempers flare up ; I think you realize that. Too bad you guys couldn't sit down and discuss rather than, well, this. You two could have found the source fairly easily if you had teamed up.

Your English isn't that bad from some of your posts I've read in other topics ; it seems to slip a bit when things heat up though. Something to work on for 2010 maybe ? :wink:

Oh and by the way : if someone is attacking you or this site, it ain't me or anyone I know. Diplomacy is my game, not malicious warfare 8-)

If someone can show me a way to leave this nice Hotel, gimme a buzz..:mrgreen:

===

alright no more please --i feel bad as it is,my biggest mistake was

putting a file to upload .and if i failed .what can i say!

but if this site is clamminess, thy can find 99.9% i would of be thinking its good ta upload?

but then i am stupid --to even of done this; i see this now..

so shoot me ..for thinking it was..

who is at fault is the point..ME ok i was a idiot to post this application, discuss

it .and thinking helping members.....in all sincerity..no malice ..or a inkling ta harm any one

is my point .its the way the post was made..that upset me..and killing me!

that i would do this ...

please no more .i feel like feral donkey .

lets leave it .and i am bleeding ta think i may of caused this man ta leave...

nothing ta do with personalities..whereto we clash--

i still have a high regard -for the man

what ever i may post in heat---i miss them ..not ta be able ta have a good odl disagreement....

itsmejjj

Hi jjj

Ok, I believe it was an inadvertent and non-malicious instance. (in the spirit of helpfulness)

And an event like that can easily occur especially if the malware is difficult to find for the most common and trusted anti-virus programs.

Illustrates once again how important it is to be very careful - both sender and recipient.

Could you please explain what you mean when you use the word "clamminess" and the words "feral donkey". (wild donkey?)

On the subject of apology - I believe an apology should be an apology, - no "but" - leave that up to the recipient or other kind understanding members to add the "buts".

On the subject of language - I do not think spelling is nearly as important as choice of words or style of writing.

Your writing style often puts me in mind of the quote from Shakepeare's Hamlet "The time is out of joint—O cursèd spite" :-)

About "heat" - never write in heat, wait for the cool of evening - when sated from a good meal - is my advice :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

alright no more please --i feel bad as it is,my biggest mistake was

putting a file to upload .and if i failed .what can i say!

but if this site is clamminess, thy can find 99.9% i would of be thinking its good ta upload?

but then i am stupid --to even of done this; i see this now..

so shoot me ..for thinking it was..

who is at fault is the point..ME ok i was a idiot to post this application, discuss

it .and thinking helping members.....in all sincerity..no malice ..or a inkling ta harm any one

is my point .its the way the post was made..that upset me..and killing me!

that i would do this ...

please no more .i feel like feral donkey .

lets leave it .and i am bleeding ta think i may of caused this man ta leave...

nothing ta do with personalities..whereto we clash--

i still have a high regard -for the man

what ever i may post in heat---i miss them ..not ta be able ta have a good odl disagreement....

itsmejjj

i was very tired .really upset and trying to find out where the heck this came from.or if we had it on our systems .now try working on 8 systems scanning

rechecking every file?

then get some young fella -getting in on the thread i am or was trying to ex plane this to as well

now or test pc--non netted ---no modem-has -WIN 98-XP-now added win7

no vista...newly added drive-modernize by jon....

first of all nothing from it leaves it..every thing that enters it is by CD. (read only) .has no flash externals on the front. its a old tower case if any one can remember them..inside is a card USB -that has a external plug on the back 4 .attached is are storage drives ...with adapter..SWITCHED box plus 4 external drives

as back up -and files we keep..

-all programs we try get burned to cd..first

but understand ,that thy to could be a carrier of virus or trace...

if we see that the program is safe ta use .only then do we install or use it if we want it.

and as i said we found 2 traces --now killed ..as for where or how ,no idea..

we even had this.and really let someone post me thy are 100% sure thy are clean..of any trace-of any virus..

even our young poster..

point a finger -with out fully reading every post.then make 2cnt comments

until he knows the full story ..

this one has 3 hard drives 2.7 terry bits.. my personal net pc.no one uses..bar my self.the others are used by the scool kids..for there home work study and lessons..

we teach -stealth and how to ..

ok i do not relish-that at any time there are virus ,rouge,spy,and what ever ,waiting to enter a pc.but do not any one state -it cant happen..sand box ,water box,or what ever box..it has a way to find in virus-look at root kits..

the now popular way .

we are now defending this..as best we can

ok i am no expert on this.not my cup of tea.and admit this.we know very little about it..and now being woken up .

and any advice is welcome on this!

ok my Appolonia to MAX personally no if or buts.if it was me -i am very sorry

and if you say it was me .than it was ..i cant answer more to this .

diplomacy --

i think we are at fault here.we should of used PM method--instead of the open forum..-asked .try to work out

where and how.and why....

the rest i already posted .

now feral donkey-----let me say this -when i was young

my father used to called us this .saying ,this is the worst kind of thing to be

stupid,silly,wild,unwanted,disgraceful.liken to a donkey..added feral made it more bad..he always considered it a dopey beast..

and i was very tired my mind was using the old sayings.instead of modern

words--

the other missed spelled .claiming -(made .passable.or 99.9% accurate)

i just saw it ...i was tired..

ok now i would like to see this end please lock it--

and again .

i shall never upload a file again .and expose myself to this ..sort of thing..

i saw you did to me .the bird .and was thinking

that it was very nice to be able to do this..

in my case went very wrong for me ..and this is the result--

of my trying to be clever--and help!

i also learned you cannot teach over the net.someone blow .by blow how to use a app .even in eagerness to try...that is itself complex..to a new user..

one can add a comment here and there .but never as if standing next to the Pearson..

why ? the way it may be taken,or meant.is very different.

itsmejjj

Hi jjj

The written word has to be more precise than the spoken.

In the spoken word you can rely partly on facial expression, mimicry, gestures, intonation and the overall impression you get from the partners personality, frame of mind and body language + you have the ability to correct and change an expression at a moments notice.

All this is not possible in the written language, which is why you have to be more precise and careful there.

Sarcasm and irony is even harder to convey in the written form without running the risk of somebody misunderstanding you.

That said - I will again express my admiration for your progress with the English language and the courage you display in using it even though it is hard to do.

We may sometimes smile a little at the way you express things, - but it is totally without malice.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. when I say "you" here it mostly refers to all of us.

i was very tired .really upset and trying to find out where the heck this came from.or if we had it on our systems .now try working on 8 systems scanning

rechecking every file?

then get some young fella -getting in on the thread i am or was trying to ex plane this to as well

now or test pc--non netted ---no modem-has -WIN 98-XP-now added win7

no vista...newly added drive-modernize by jon....

first of all nothing from it leaves it..every thing that enters it is by CD. (read only) .has no flash externals on the front. its a old tower case if any one can remember them..inside is a card USB -that has a external plug on the back 4 .attached is are storage drives ...with adapter..SWITCHED box plus 4 external drives

as back up -and files we keep..

-all programs we try get burned to cd..first

but understand ,that thy to could be a carrier of virus or trace...

if we see that the program is safe ta use .only then do we install or use it if we want it.

and as i said we found 2 traces --now killed ..as for where or how ,no idea..

we even had this.and really let someone post me thy are 100% sure thy are clean..of any trace-of any virus..

even our young poster..

point a finger -with out fully reading every post.then make 2cnt comments

until he knows the full story ..

this one has 3 hard drives 2.7 terry bits.. my personal net pc.no one uses..bar my self.the others are used by the scool kids..for there home work study and lessons..

we teach -stealth and how to ..

ok i do not relish-that at any time there are virus ,rouge,spy,and what ever ,waiting to enter a pc.but do not any one state -it cant happen..sand box ,water box,or what ever box..it has a way to find in virus-look at root kits..

the now popular way .

we are now defending this..as best we can

ok i am no expert on this.not my cup of tea.and admit this.we know very little about it..and now being woken up .

and any advice is welcome on this!

ok my Appolonia to MAX personally no if or buts.if it was me -i am very sorry

and if you say it was me .than it was ..i cant answer more to this .

diplomacy --

i think we are at fault here.we should of used PM method--instead of the open forum..-asked .try to work out

where and how.and why....

the rest i already posted .

now feral donkey-----let me say this -when i was young

my father used to called us this .saying ,this is the worst kind of thing to be

stupid,silly,wild,unwanted,disgraceful.liken to a donkey..added feral made it more bad..he always considered it a dopey beast..

and i was very tired my mind was using the old sayings.instead of modern

words--

the other missed spelled .claiming -(made .passable.or 99.9% accurate)

i just saw it ...i was tired..

ok now i would like to see this end please lock it--

and again .

i shall never upload a file again .and expose myself to this ..sort of thing..

i saw you did to me .the bird .and was thinking

that it was very nice to be able to do this..

in my case went very wrong for me ..and this is the result--

of my trying to be clever--and help!

i also learned you cannot teach over the net.someone blow .by blow how to use a app .even in eagerness to try...that is itself complex..to a new user..

one can add a comment here and there .but never as if standing next to the Pearson..

why ? the way it may be taken,or meant.is very different.

itsmejjj

Archived