IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Better Forum Clearing Requested

jelrikj

Hello Members, Admins and so on..

I feel me at home here on the Iobit Forum but i ghad a Suggestion.

if a thread or solution is Fixed coud then set before the text of the thread

Something Like This:

(SOLVED) ProblemIWantACar

That woud be good for the Members/customers if they are searching a specific

problem on the Forum.

Now Who Agree's With Me? :-D

if its solved do you think it should be locked?

ta stop adding in?

jjj

Hey enoskype Yes like that but i rather see it like this -->

+ [sOLVED].exe false positive

+ [sOLVED] my computers with the exact disturbign problems. FP?

+ [sOLVED] False Positive

And yes it shoud then be Locked and as ReadOnly available

Hi all

Perhaps we could make use of the icons to differentiate?

Like we did in the competition thread?

Perhaps something like this:

unresolved question blue questionmark

important issue yellow triangle with exclamationmark

resolved question yellow thumbs up

happy user yellow smiling face

Cheers

solbjerg

Its an idea but...

As opposed to a competition in which all want to win... with the winner having won the prize and is (the solution); Truths of resolution of problems for all who visit here now and in the future will apply, they trusting that this is the solution, will be applied as the solution... when perhaps it is not!! If all can say a problem is solved... then anybody can say its solved, even when its not! Then incomplete solutions would be what this forum becomes known for, then all members lose credibility! The faulty solutions are what would be remembered not the actual ones.

What is suggested also implies closure of the thread (even if it has been truly solved) which brings a new problem... creation of new excessive threads!

Complex suggestion upon implementation this is?!:?:

Hi Mel

For your information :-)

Interobang - dumbfounded exclamation mark :-) Alt+8253

Cheers

solbjerg

As opposed to a competition in which all want to win... with the winner having won the prize and is (the solution); Truths of resolution of problems for all who visit here now and in the future will apply, they trusting that this is the solution, will be applied as the solution... when perhaps it is not!! If all can say a problem is solved... then anybody can say its solved, even when its not! Then incomplete solutions would be what this forum becomes known for, then all members lose credibility! The faulty solutions are what would be remembered not the actual ones.

What is suggested also implies closure of the thread (even if it has been truly solved) which brings a new problem... creation of new excessive threads!

Complex suggestion upon implementation this is?!:?:

My bad!! Duhh!

I apologize for reposting the previous observations!!:-( I must reexamine the thread as others have posted in two hours since I first read it... not just respond to the latest post.

My apologies to forum members for my redundancy!:-)

Especially to Solbjerg!!

Again "Haste makes waste"

Hi Mel

Doesn't matter much :-)

We do not live in a perfect world (at least not all of us) :-)

You have kind of a point - but no solution will be perfect in every conceivable situation, on the other hand I do not believe that this would give the forum a bad reputation. :-)

My errand was more to let you know that a sign like interobang existed :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I apologize for reposting the previous observations!! I must reexamine the thread as others have posted in two hours since I first read it... not just respond to the latest post.

My apologies to forum members for my redundancy!

Especially to Solbjerg!!

Again "Haste makes waste"

What you also can do is Set the text (SOLVED) before the threads text and a SOLVED RATING!

Example;

(SOLVED)(8/10)IWantACarIn2010

Just a rating behind the text so that users can Rate that but the Rating is not based on 10 ratings hE..

My vote

I vote for [solved] at the begiining.

This is also for those who Google search (or whatever) a question, if they see one of the results has [solved] in the title then this is probably the first link they will click on.

I have often searched for an answer and [solved] is a winner for me, although I do usually double check :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

I don't think Google cares, much

I have a question,

When [sOLVED] comes in front of the title, won't it be lined to the end of the queue when fx. a Google search is made? (ie. page 2,3,..etc.of the search)

Cheers.

If I Google false positive solved

http://www.google.com.my/#hl=en&source=hp&q=false+positive+solved&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=false+positive+solved&fp=d1afe58d624296b9

You can see that some sites have Solved at the beginning of the title and others have it at the end of the title.

So it doesn't seem to matter much to Google where Solved is when it is searching.

If I Google solved false positive

http://www.google.com.my/#hl=en&source=hp&q=solved+false+positive&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=solved+false+positive&fp=d1afe58d624296b9

I get basically the same results as above.

However, after thinking on it some more, I believe putting Solved at the end of the title would look neater in the forum :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

well-- that is why you are admin?

and i am glad its not i what would i do ?

once its pointed out what it was ?i assume the problem was pin pointed ?but not name(APP)

or rather named? or pointed out? not that i saw pointed out or pinpointed

the fellow was happy with the result.?

and you read this .think what the hell?

i think....say fixed --done fin, taken care of .resolved? and hope it was..

take ya pick ..haaa --

gee, think i lost half my brain again sorry ..

itsmejjj

No, it is not UNSOLVED and it is not SOLVED either.:twisted:

That's why I asked about what to put in the title.

It is not a problem to be solved anyway.:-D

All this is about to pinpoint that a definite solution, to write [sOLVED], is not easy sometimes.

Cheers.

Aye Enoskype!

Complex issue... as I posted previously!

Keep in mind that this is "politics" by latin root...

To close threads and post as solved... Opens a whole new frontier of naysaying.. blame laying... and the whole bit! I say, better to leave the forum open than rely on somebody else (or a commitee) to "decide" when a "solution" is found!????

Most solutions with PC's are relative... so to say "solved" will ultimately lead to failure and disaccredation.

Just to save some work and effort by those who care?

Those few should strive to keep the forum open... so it doesn't become political!

P.S. The word Solved caries with it an almost religious omniscience... that the higher power prevails!! This is another reason why I agree with Enoskype on this!

Archived