IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Better Forum Clearing Requested

jelrikj

It is relatively easier to put [sOLVED] to a thread when there is a false positive, because, if IObit accepts it and changes the database, then it is definitive. Otherwise, to be 100% sure that a specific problem is solved, is a bit optimistic for me. :smile: (There are exceptions ofcourse.)

Cheers.

It is relatively easier to put [sOLVED] to a thread when there is a false positive

yes you pin pointed that exactly.. as its pointed out as the solved,fix

therefore

its assumed correctly, the point its pinned and pointed to the fix .and solved

now if this were the case your job be a lot easier.pionting to a fix solved problem.

itsmejjj

and i am pointing my self out of here, before you get mad at me..!

sorry agian could not help myself..

Hi folks

I agree with Melvin that the word SOLVED places a finality on the subject and implies that truth has finally been found :-)

Personally I like the word RESOLVED better, - to me it implies that a modus operandi has been reached but that it might not be final.

The next problem then is what difficulties encountered by members is really solved/resolved. There are very many that don't give feedback - and does this mean that the issue is resolved or does it mean that they have given up?

Also - quite often a thread changes direction or subject in midstream - and which subject is then solved/resolved?

Perhaps ACTIVE/INACTIVE would be preferable?

Cheers

solbjerg

Aye!!

Sol is in on my point exactly!

Titou... will you take the resposibility of the green icon??? Or shall we form a commitee?? And will you re-create the context of the new Iobit forum?! And do all the work to make that happen??? (Change the way posts are made here, recognized, identified, by icons... etc)

If to be done by (red light, yellow light, green light) then who will do that?? Sounds like a full time job to me.

Somebody would have to render the decisions! (Green, yellow, red) any way!

Seems political to me... at that point!

Hi Melvin :wink:

Ok, I understand and I agree with you,

My point of vue is that the "Solved" or "Resolved" or else mark, might be easyly, with button or written, put by the member wich begin the thread... and this mark doesn't close the thread ; the mark is just here to tell "It is OK, I've got the response".

I believe that threads are first read by members of the forum and in this way, the mark could be for us, first... and in second time by a google search. I mean that we are not the only forum to give response on the web and I'am not sure that actualy everybody around the world will remember to write "solved" before his search...

But it is great idea !

Best regard my friend

Hi titou

Regardless what is chosen (I like the icon idea - easiest) we then have to decide if it should just work from now on, or if we have the energy to implement it for all threads - around 4,500 threads. One of the spin offs here could be that we once in a while come across a call for help that hasn't been replied to.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Melvin :wink:

Ok, I understand and I agree with you,

My point of vue is that the "Solved" or "Resolved" or else mark, might be easyly, with button or written, put by the member wich begin the thread... and this mark doesn't close the thread ; the mark is just here to tell "It is OK, I've got the response".

I believe that threads are first read by members of the forum and in this way, the mark could be for us, first... and in second time by a google search. I mean that we are not the only forum to give response on the web and I'am not sure that actualy everybody around the world will remember to write "solved" before his search...

But it is great idea !

Best regard my friend

Hi Solbjerg :wink:

Well, newly the system of health insurance in France made the doctors become computerized. The dilemma for every practitioner was to choose between grabbing all files of the patients or to make it as things come in every visit. The most part of the doctors chose to make it in every visit.

We must choose in my point of view to make it from a choosed date. At my sight the missed thread is ...missed.

I sometimes did not have answer to a request and I do not come back search and read the thread two months afterwards to see if it is made...

Very best regards my friend:-D

Archived