IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

mystery locations

itsmejjj

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the most interesting mysteries of Death Valley National Park is the sliding rocks at Racetrack Playa (a playa is a dry lake bed). These rocks can be found on the floor of the playa with long trails behind them. Somehow these rocks slide across the playa, cutting a furrow in the sediment as they move.

Some of these rocks weigh several hundred pounds. That makes the question: "How do they move?" a very challenging one.

The truth: No one knows for sure exactly how these rocks move - although a few people have come up with some pretty good explanations. The reason why their movement remains a mystery: No one has ever seen them in motion!

you know we live in a world full of fascinating things..

since i started this .by asking .i have come to know places and country's with

mystical settings.and beautiful, land

itsmejjj

I wish to go there !

Hi Jjj :wink:

Socotra Island (Indian Ocean) :roll:

Theses pics are very impressive ! Very beautifull Island, indeed !

I am a bonsaïca for about teen years now, and the dragon blood tree enjoy me by its form !

You make us travelling in very special locations Jjj, thank you very much !

Very best regards,

Titou

very hard to answer i looked every where.there are many named RED iland

its a guess really..have a feeling its wrong!

the other problem is there is no such thing as red gold..its yellow

in many shades

the red gold is man made ,by adding copper.in parts.

Gold has many subtle variations in color. By changing the alloys that Is use with fine gold one can get many different hues. One of the favorites is red gold. It is a strong color and works well on it's own or with the yellow and white gold. Copper is used to achieve the red. In yellow gold, sterling silver and copper are used and in white gold palladium and silver are used. Compared to white gold, red and yellow gold are quite a bit harder.

that is why its rather hard to answer..

itsmejjj

Its not a micky mouse island, its a proper island popular with holiday makers and cruise ships, part of a group of three islands.

think of the word red translated in different languages and the chemical letters of Gold. One of the other islands in the group of three has a liqueur named after it which is made from a citrus fruit grown on the island

Caribbean Sea, the numerous islands of the West Indies, and adjacent coasts, are collectively known as the Caribbean.

Antilles island-chain. Barbados is relatively close to the South American continent, around 434 kilometers (270 miles) northeast of Venezuela. Its closest island neighbors are Saint Lucia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines to the west, Grenada to the south-west, and Trinidad and Tobago to the south, with which Barbados now shares a fixed official maritime boundary.

Barbados my answer

in 1750 by Rev. Griffith Hughes describing specimens from Barbados (Quinion 2007). The fruit was originally named the "forbidden fruit" of Barbados (Morton 1987), in comparison to the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil" in the Garden of Eden (Quinion 2007). Currently, the grapefruit is claimed by some as one of the "Seven Wonders of Barbados" (Bourne 1996).

how that?

itsmejjj

Northern Africa, the Canary islands and Cape Verde.

ok we have come from gold.to citrus fruit now looking at cactus plants.

have we scored this time?

or is it (Lesser Antilles): the islands of Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao

itsmejjj

your ask--which island was named after red coloured gold that was mined there

then your tip refers to

One of the other islands in the group of three has a liqueur named after it which is made from a citrus fruit grown on the island<<<<<

now we are talking about a cactus..(aloe products)

any how its been one heck of a trip ..

ok i give up!

itsmejjj well done you got it

the islands of Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao

Aruba

the A from chemical letters for gold and ruba spanish for red for the red soil that tinted the gold.

Curaçao

the drink made from a sour citrus fruit only found in curacao, the blue colour is just dye.

this is what threw me of the first caps.the yellow and red.

then thinking about it and my wife pointed out about the blue liqueur..

made me think of my parents.she now and then has the coffee one very popular among the dutch,woman..Germans,french,and at special occasions have a drink .of this.

itsmejjj

Hi jjj

Star Mountain - Mexico

El Pico de Orizaba (known as Citlaltépetl which means Star Mountain) is a striking volcano. From the west it towers over the town of Tlachichuca in the form of a beautiful white cone. The glacier starts around 4900-5000m and covers the upper aspects of the mountain. Pico de Orizaba is the highest mountain in Mexico and the third highest in North America after Denali and Mount Logan. Orizaba makes for an excellent first experience at high altitude.

Cheers

solbjerg

ok lets try this one???

• 1 month later...

Archived