IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC3 startup manager

pkok

Hi there I wonder if any one can help .

I have used the start up manager in admin tools ever since I have had AWC 3 installed.

Up to recently I have had no problems then I noticed a lot of entries on the list and although they are not ticked they seem to be increasing every time I look.

The last count was over 1000 lines of the same line.

ISW=C:\ProgramFiles\CheckPoint|ZAForcefield|Forcefield.exe*/icon

I have tried to manually delete these lines but nothing seems to work.

While I dont think they are doing any harm I would like to delete them if Poss.

Thanks in advance

Phil

Yes I know ,I have finally found the file for ZA forcefield but I cant find it any where in services.

It keeps multiplying in the startup manager on AWC3 but cant find it anywhere else.

it must be hiding somewhere.

Phil

Hi pkok

Do you have it activated in your browser toolbars?

Administer those and deactivate it, then perhaps (if it is uninstalled) the cleanup will work?

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes I know ,I have finally found the file for ZA forcefield but I cant find it any where in services.

It keeps multiplying in the startup manager on AWC3 but cant find it anywhere else.

it must be hiding somewhere.

Phil

Uninstall ZA then re-install ?

I had a look over at the ZA forum and uninstall then re-install seems to be the easiest solution to ForceField problems unless you like searching for files and registry entries etc ;-)

Here is the thread How to Uninstall Forcefield Toolbar Add-on which has a link to the ZoneAlarm Removal Tool

http://forums.zonealarm.org/showthread.php?p=268050

All the best, woz of oz

This is the image from the startup manager,as you can see its is now up to 2266.

I have done all as I have been told not sure how to get rid of these entries .

I could try and ignore them

http://i47.tinypic.com/294owu9.jpg

Hi pkok

Well, nice screenshot :-)

Did you try wozofoz suggestion?

Cheers

solbjerg

This is the image from the startup manager,as you can see its is now up to 2266.

I have done all as I have been told not sure how to get rid of these entries .

I could try and ignore them

http://i47.tinypic.com/294owu9.jpg

yes I have removed zone alarm and reinstalled without the tool bar as suggested.

I am grateful for all your help but there must be a way to get rid of these lines.

they are still multiplying with every look.

2752 at last count.

Hi pkok

Did you also reinstall the toolbar and then remove it correctly?

And then run a cleanup operation?

Throw in a restart of the computer?

Then install the ZA without the toolbar

Cheers

solbjerg

yes I have removed zone alarm and reinstalled without the tool bar as suggested.

I am grateful for all your help but there must be a way to get rid of these lines.

2752 at last count.

A consideration before much more clutter.

You could consider running the commodo firewall and completely uninstalling all zonealarm apps (as a last resort) if clutter becomes too extensive... allowing you to completely sort this out and solve the problem.

Not a solution, only an abatement.:neutral:

ASC Clean Install

2752 at last count.

Did you clean the Registry and do a general cleanup during the ZoneAlarm uninstall/re-install as suggested by solbjerg ?

I would

Best option, I think

If you have done a Clean Install of ZoneAlarm without the toolbar then I would suggest a Clean Install of ASC as well.

I believe in these type of situations it is best to go back to the beginning and start anew rather than trying to chase the problem around your computer :wink:

If you are unsure how to do a Clean Install of ASC, go to Usage of IObit Products - Over the top/Clean install

As suggested in that thread, use BitRemover when doing the Clean Install. If you don't have BitRemover already then see the thread BitRemover 1.2.1

Second option, experimental

The settings for ASC Startup Manager are stored in the Ignore file

• (C:)

• Documents and Settings

Your User Name

• Application Data

• IObit

• Advanced System Care

My Ignore file is 3 kb and it would be interesting to see how big yours is.

You could try copying the Ignore file somewhere safe (My Documents) then delete it from the above Advanced System Care folder and see if a new one is created, I guess it should be.

If not or some problem arises you can always copy the Ignore file back to it's original place.

If you do this you will lose all the ignore settings so you would have to reset them all, this would include Registry Fix, System Optimization etc.

So, since you are going to lose your settings anyway, it is probably best to do a Clean Install as suggested above then you know for sure everything is cleaned up :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

As you said Woz I removed all the files and deleted all the folders I could find.

Then removed ASC 3,Iobit security and smart defrag.

I then ran Bitremover.

Finally I reloaded everything and hey presto "jobs a gud un" as they say In Wigan.:-D

I had already reinstalled ZA again without the toolbar.

Thanks Again

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem here...

I didn't know if I should reply to this thread or start a new one...

I have two files that keep multipliying. I uninstalled ASC3 and re-installed it, and they are still there and keep multiplying. The files are AT&T related. I disabled them, deleted them, used the jump to entry and locate file selections with the right click. When I stopped using AT&T, I went to add and remove programs, but they wouldn't let me do it. I tried some programs to delete hard files, but they wouldn't work, so I used I360 to delete them. Well, they are still there and still multiplying. These are the files:

MerlinReportAgent="C:\Program Files\ATT-HSI\McciBrowser.exe" -appkey=att-nap -hidden -url

MotiveReportAgent="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciBootStrapper.exe" /url="-url=file://C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\ReportAgent.html" /browsertype=CustomMSIE /browserpath

And I just found another. It's just one of this one: MotiveReportAge

I looked in the programs files folder in and there isn't an ATT-HSI folder. I looked in the Common Files folder and there isn't a Motive folder.

Thanks everyone!

At&t

I didn't know if I should reply to this thread or start a new one...

I have two files that keep multipliying. I uninstalled ASC3 and re-installed it, and they are still there and keep multiplying. The files are AT&T related. I disabled them, deleted them, used the jump to entry and locate file selections with the right click. When I stopped using AT&T, I went to add and remove programs, but they wouldn't let me do it. I tried some programs to delete hard files, but they wouldn't work, so I used I360 to delete them. Well, they are still there and still multiplying. These are the files:

MerlinReportAgent="C:\Program Files\ATT-HSI\McciBrowser.exe" -appkey=att-nap -hidden -url

MotiveReportAgent="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciBootStrapper.exe" /url="-url=file://C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\ReportAgent.html" /browsertype=CustomMSIE /browserpath

And I just found another. It's just one of this one: MotiveReportAge

I looked in the programs files folder in and there isn't an ATT-HSI folder. I looked in the Common Files folder and there isn't a Motive folder.

Thanks everyone!

I have two files that keep multipliying.

Do you mean the entries keep multiplying in ASC Startup Manager

If yes, I found the following which might relate to your problem @ http://www.techspot.com/startup/12284/

Note: SBC seems to be the same as AT&T also note what I have put in Bold

SBC Self Support Tool / matcli.exe

File Name: matcli.exe

Status: Having this program run at startup is up to your discretion. If you find the program useful, you may want to leave it running at startup.

Additional Info: matcli.exe is a motive Assistant Command line interface that gathers information about your system's identity like your name email address, city, county, etc and gets written to a log file. The SBC Self Support Tool is required to run with the Help and Support program. If you uncheck SBC and and then run Help and Support it will add another SBC entry in the startup menu. If you remove this software in "add/remove programs" some help menus in help and support will not be available. You decide

Read through this FAQ to see if it might relate to you:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/7950

If you do manage to uninstall the AT&T stuff you can then do a Clean Install of ASC as mentioned in post # 14, This will get rid of all those extra entries :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

hidden folders

No, they aren't hidden. My dad told me a long time ago not to let my computer tell me what to do, I have to tell it what to do! ;-) I used the, I think BitDefender? It was posted in another...post. It didn't get rid of all Iobit files, but it fixed the multiplying problem. there are 6 kids in here right now so forgive me if I'm not "talking" clearly. Thanks for your help, everyone.

Archived