IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Stupid me..

blacksea

The new password generator is really a good program. I tried it and I kept allot of my password in the program. So I secured the program with a password. But stupid me forgot the password because I didn't used the program for a couple of weeks. I saved important password in it that I need to know. But I can't getin to the program because I forgot the password of the Password generator too T.T

I tried a clean uninstall but after reinstalling it keeps asking for the old password..

So I need desperate help !

Blacksea

It's possible that some leftovers of IObit's Random Password Generator remain after a normal uninstall. These leftovers can theoretically result in a reinstalled program to 'remember' the old passwords.

Try uninstalling IObit's Random Password Generator again, run BitRemover and install the program again. Maybe that will solve your problem.

See this topic (post #5)

well only thing you can do -if you cant fix this..restore from your image back up..i assume you would have..

if not .well looks like a lessen learned start from brand new ,install ,all you need .back it up -and not a restore point .but a full image --

this is so very important .to avoid this type of thing.

all ways back up a system.(image) before changes are made.

and copy ,burn this to a cd.-or store drive.usb..preferd.

Random Password Generators .ok i do not know why one would use this on a home system?

any way a ather lesson ,write them down,have a permanent book.

on the desk top or in a draw,in case what has just happened to you.

forgetting..---

reinstalling it keeps asking for the old password.. yes thy do thy are hidden files ,not shown.and read only..unless you find this .and rid it .it just keeps asking .as its defaulted to the same -uninstall,or reinstall..

the scripted pass word stays on your system. in hidden form..similar to a self virus..made.very hard to find .its well embedded deep in the system..

now you may be interested in this ..its the best i found to uninstall things..?

http://www.perfectuninstaller.com/help/

look at it and see what you think

itsmejjj

well only thing you can do -if you cant fix this..restore from your image back up..i assume you would have..

if not .well looks like a lessen learned start from brand new ,install ,all you need .back it up -and not a restore point .but a full image --

this is so very important .to avoid this type of thing.

all ways back up a system.(image) before changes are made.

and copy ,burn this to a cd.-or store drive.usb..preferd.

Random Password Generators .ok i do not know why one would use this on a home system?

any way a ather lesson ,write them down,have a permanent book.

on the desk top or in a draw,in case what has just happened to you.

forgetting..---

reinstalling it keeps asking for the old password.. yes thy do thy are hidden files ,not shown.and read only..unless you find this .and rid it .it just keeps asking .as its defaulted to the same -uninstall,or reinstall..

the scripted pass word stays on your system. in hidden form..similar to a self virus..made.very hard to find .its well embedded deep in the system..

now you may be interested in this ..its the best i found to uninstall things..?

http://www.perfectuninstaller.com/help/

look at it and see what you think

itsmejjj

perfect uninstaller has a bad rating from "web of trust" as malicious content, virus, bad customer exp., and phishing and scam. i rocommend "revo uninstaller"

i myself use a random password gen/manager such as "roboform" (portable version) to manage different passwords for different accounts

perfect uninstaller has a bad rating from "web of trust" as malicious content, virus, bad customer exp.

interesting.virus .i wonder what virus? ,and malicious content?

what would that be? --this is new to me..and web of trust never herd of this ether.

are we talking ,from there site...i posted? all this .the web of trust is talking about..

any how ok .i have yet to find a" virus,or malicious content"...its been very good to me..and uninstalls perfect..so a bit of a suprize when reading this..

only thing i do not allow links.that apply's to any program..

itsmejjj

Hi Okie and jjj

Here is a copy/paste from wikipedia:

WOT allows users to add their input on the trustworthiness, vendor reliability, privacy and/or child safety of a website based on their experience with the site and/or services they offer. The rating scale ranges from poor to excellent and is algorithmic. WOT calculates the reputation of a website through a combination of user ratings and data from trusted sources such as Panda Security, PhishTank, TRUSTe and hpHosts.

I just want to add that WOT is not infallible either as it partly relies on user input and Security sites that also partly relies on user input.

We saw that during the accusation/dispute unpleasantness that WOT downgraded IObit heavily - this was of course due to users venting their outrage with the IObit company at that time.

I think it is a fully automated process by a program without much personal human supervision.

The programs sees the users as being fair, impartial and without bias - but we cannot be sure that this is the case. (either way)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi jjj. This is what pyrath is trying to tell you about perfectuninstaller. WOT is called Web of Trust and warns you about suspicious and malicious web sites. When I see these warning I run away as fast as I can , but I stayed long enough to get these screen shots to show you and every one else. Its not some thing I want on my PC.---Okie

Hi blacksea

Have you tried searching for .RFP files in your computer? (if that indeed is the file extension)

Your folder options should be "show protected/hidden files".

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm sorry solbjerg. I don't understand what you mean. I'm really not a expert.

Please explain in more detail or with a picture in the attachment. I appreciate your help !

Blacksea.

Ok blacksea

First, do you know the extension your password keeping application used for the files where the passwords were stored? Could it have been .rpf files?

To search for these files you will first have to go to the control panel/Folder Options, and there choose the tab View and then untick the item Hide protected system files and then tick the item Show hidden files and folders.

Then do the search.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm sorry solbjerg. I don't understand what you mean. I'm really not a expert.

Please explain in more detail or with a picture in the attachment. I appreciate your help !

Blacksea.

Ok blacksea

First, do you know the extension your password keeping application used for the files where the passwords were stored? Could it have been .rpf files?

To search for these files you will first have to go to the control panel/Folder Options, and there choose the tab View and then untick the item Hide protected system files and then tick the item Show hidden files and folders.

Then do the search.

Cheers

solbjerg

Which one ?

Data gathering algorithym.

I'm glad that we are not all data gathering algorhythyms.

Mathematics has no room for humanity... only precision.

It is mathematically impossible to create an algorhythym that fully encompasses the human element. We are a paradox.

So we create and destroy at the same time!!!

Then that's a can of worms isn't it!:-o

Sorry: I'm talking about WOT!

Hi Mel :-)

All statistics should be gone through with a very fine toothcomb

And don't forget the parts that are written in very small fonts :-)

It is human to err as they say, but it is also human to manipulate - at least for some.

(some don't even provide the parts written small)

I sometimes think that a little data gathering algorithms would be fine (like read the manual) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm glad that we are not all data gathering algorhythyms.

Mathematics has no room for humanity... only precision.

It is mathematically impossible to create an algorhythym that fully encompasses the human element. We are a paradox.

So we create and destroy at the same time!!!

Then that's a can of worms isn't it!:-o

Sorry: I'm talking about WOT!

The programs sees the users as being fair, impartial and without bias - but we cannot be sure that this is the case. (either way)

i think this was talked about before...

what is a concern is that a post made ,in my case PU (uninstaller)

to see a post made as was posted.camels of .virus, and what ever,

no hard proof given nor shown.

just a site that says red!

look this is false !

if i be leaved any either thing no post would be made by me.to help

someone..or try to..

i have used this program 2 years or so..never have i experienced any problem with it..but then perhaps i do not ,allow updates.links to most of the programs..

if it works .this type of app ,why change it..

but beside this ,this wot site is half right..the other half .incorrect..false input

.then look at the input .of the so called complaints made .at most on averige 30 ?

peanuts..when apps are used by many..over 1 mill downloads! -

look at iobit how many use it? and the complaints made. mostly new users.

not understand fully the program..

so if no help is given .or ignored..or somehow find it to much to understand

and i would wonder,bag it.would be the norm..or call it rubbish,

but its not right is it..

as you guys stated..

no wot for me is all hot and cold..and do not use them or similar type sites.

my way of thinking .try a app and decide for your self..

have the system backed up (image) so what if a app failed..

any one today using a system not imaged ,is very silly..or plane lazy..

so if some thing went wrong ,ok in with the cd,redo ..very simple..

itsmejjj

The new password generator is really a good program. I tried it and I kept allot of my password in the program. So I secured the program with a password. But stupid me forgot the password because I didn't used the program for a couple of weeks. I saved important password in it that I need to know. But I can't getin to the program because I forgot the password of the Password generator too T.T

I tried a clean uninstall but after reinstalling it keeps asking for the old password..

So I need desperate help !

Blacksea

sorry this has gone of the ask..

ok have you learned any thing from all this?

back up your system first (a image file)

then install...save you a lot of grief...i would think...

jjj

sorry this has gone of the ask..

ok have you learned any thing from all this?

back up your system first (a image file)

then install...save you a lot of grief...i would think...

jjj

Yupp, it definitely did. I remembered the password also. I also thank solbjerg for the input of helping me.

Blacksea.

Great blacksea

Please remember to keep the password(s) somewhere else too :-) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Yeah solbjerg,

but I can keep go on and on for keeping password(s) safe with an other password protected application. And also keep that one safe 2 :roll:

Cheers!

Archived