IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

For java we have Javara...

titou56

You shouldn't remove those items.

What PureRa removes are only the Windows Update Installation Files not the actual files/programs itself.

Cleaners, like CCleaner remove the Hotfix Uninstallers, which means that you won't be able to uninstall the Hotfixes anymore. But nobody would want to do that.

And more

While we are on the subject of RaProducts

When looking at PastIconsFlusher I see it is Discontinued

Is it safe to use ?

Edit: Ok, I see it says stable so I guess it is ok

PastIconsFlusher

Discontinued.

PastIconsFlusher is a tiny open-source program which quickly and effectively clears the Past Notifications Area in the Customize Notifications area in Windows XP and Windows Vista. It does this by deleting two registry keys and restarting Windows Explorer; this is done in as safe a manner as possible.

PastIconsFlusher is at version 0.1.8 stable, and both the binary and source code can be obtained at SourceForge.net. PastIconsFlusher is a solo project by Paul McLain.

At the moment I use XP Past Items which seems to do the job and has never given me a problem :smile:

@ [noparse]http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm[/noparse]

Download: Remove Past Items From Notification Area (Line# 53)

All the best, woz of oz

@ titou56: I'm sorry but no, I can't help you any further.

@ wozofoz: PastIconsFlusher was discontinued because the program had very little scope as it only did one tiny job and it wasn't ready for Vista and 7. Maybe we will add it as an option to PureRa one day.

Archived